Sign in to follow this  
blackhorse

Plant count

Where do I find the ruling on when a clone counts as a plant?

From what I remember, if it has a root system then it is counted as one of your plants. Recently someone told me a different opinion and I would like to show them the actual ruling. 

I always consider a clone in clone bucket that has the start of a root system as one of my 12 plants. 

I agree with your assessment but like you I hear some people wanting to use the mmfla rules where a plant doesn’t get tagged and thus counted until it is eight inches tall. 

Sure to cause some issues for some people. 

Seems like one of the court rulings was on what stage a plant was considered part of our plant count. I'm thinking any root system, but not positive.

its defined in the act now.

(j) "Plant" means any living organism that produces its own food through photosynthesis and has observable root formation or is in growth material.

12 hours ago, bax said:

its defined in the act now.

(j) "Plant" means any living organism that produces its own food through photosynthesis and has observable root formation or is in growth material.

Thank you for the info. I will look the act up and print it out for the person. 

I was thinking it was added to one of the court cases.

1 hour ago, blackhorse said:

Thank you for the info. I will look the act up and print it out for the person. 

I was thinking it was added to one of the court cases.

there were a few court cases that attempted to define a plant, although i dont think any of them were even in the COA or MSC. 

The change in the law to define plant make any old court opinion on what a plant is now, null.

In my garden if it has the start of a root, then it is one of my plants. 

Actually if it goes into clone bucket, then it is considered one of my plant count. 

Always stay within my plant count. 

Peace of mind for me!