Expense of having a caregiver

OK, I have a MM card and get my meds from a dispensary.

I realize that a Caregiver may be able to help me choose drugs and get a better strain.

I think most caregivers will pay the expense of getting their name on my card.

But what is the cost to me? Is it a higher markup on the meds and/or a monthly fee and/or a few every time we meet?

I'm hoping you caregivers can clue me in with specifics as I'd like to consider actual costs/benefits.

Thanks for your input.

Mel

4 minutes ago, compiler said:

OK, I have a MM card and get my meds from a dispensary.

I realize that a Caregiver may be able to help me choose drugs and get a better strain.

I think most caregivers will pay the expense of getting their name on my card.

But what is the cost to me? Is it a higher markup on the meds and/or a monthly fee and/or a few every time we meet?

I'm hoping you caregivers can clue me in with specifics as I'd like to consider actual costs/benefits.

Thanks for your input.

Mel

Every caregiver is different. I can beat the dispensaries on quality because my strains are not watered down for production. I can get ounces on sale at the dispensary, regularly priced at $300 for $200. Those strains come close to what I grow but not quite as good. They fill in when I can't keep up. I'm thankful for that. The caregivers that grow the production strains are crying loudly because patient don't need them anymore. 

Patients should pay their own way to a card. That's my opinion. 

I've been hearing that the dispensaries in Bay County are the best in the State now. It's the new emerald triangle. 

There is no cost to you to have a caregiver, only benefit.   Regardless of whether you have a caregiver, you can still shop at a dispensary.

The upside for you with a caregiver is that once you identify what strains work best for you, a caregiver can provide it to you with better quality and lower cost.   

On 8/27/2018 at 12:42 PM, compiler said:

Semi:

So how does the CG make money? Is it just the profit on the product?

Mel

Mel,  Not sure I understand your question.    It seems to suggest that the caregiver provides product to their patient for free or at a loss.  Most caregivers structure the price to their patients to cover the cost of growing the mmj.    Typically this cost is close to what a dispensary might pay at the wholesale level.   The savings for the patient is they too are buying at the wholesale level.    

Semi:

Good grief. Where do I suggest that the CG would supply free product?

Quite the opposite.

My question was what costs are involved for the patient, such as other fees for the expertise/services of the CG.

I am a relatively new patient who has never had a CG. Might as well ask the question(s)

Mel

15 hours ago, compiler said:

Semi:

Good grief. Where do I suggest that the CG would supply free product?

Quite the opposite.

My question was what costs are involved for the patient, such as other fees for the expertise/services of the CG.

I am a relatively new patient who has never had a CG. Might as well ask the question(s)

Mel

Sorry about that Mel.  Too often people post very cynical questions.   Your cost as a patient is $150/ounce

Ounces aren't always equal. Some ounces have a value of two to three times that of others that are easier to grow and produce more. 

For example;

I can buy ounces at the dispensary anywhere from $60 to $400.

As a grower I know why. A patient might not understand the difficulty in growing some strains as compared to those strains that have been weakened to provide more ounces from each plant. 

I know that if a caregiver is quoting less than $200 then their strains are a little suspect. Some patients may want cheap marijuana. Just like some patients are buying shake at the dispensary for less than $100. Some want the best at a discount. That's what all my patients want. Top shelf. So that's what I grow.