Recreation - 10oz or more?

gage2008

So my questions is on the weight.

I've heard both sides of the fences. Once side says your allowed 12 plants but only 10 oz, But i've also read that this only applies to purchased cannabis not grown cannabis.

https://www.bridgemi.com/quality-life/whats-legal-and-what-isnt-under-michigan-recreational-marijuana-plan-slideshow

Every other source makes it seem like the 10oz includes grown and/or doesn't specify weight being due to purchase or from cultivation.

Edited by gage2008

???? Looks like I will have to do some research. I haven't really been keeping up on all of this. Too many personal issues lately. 

However, through the link provided by the OP I did come across this: 

"3. Store up to 10 ounces of marijuana in your safe

While personal possession is capped at 2.5 ounces, a household can have up to 10 ounces (as many as 560 joints, at 56 JPO, for those counting at home). This holds true even if five or more adults over the age of 21 live together.

Advocates say the 10-ounce limit only applies to marijuana products purchased, and not to pot grown on the property. Product grown at the home would not be counted toward the household limit. Lowell said this provision was added because the Coalition “didn’t want to make a situation where if somebody happened to have a good harvest...they broke the law” despite all of their actions being legal. ??

Opponents of the ballot measure balk at the high limits. Greenlee predicts that having among the highest household possession limits in the nation (most states allowing legal weed cap household limits at 1 ounce of flower) would make “Michigan the weed capital.”"

With that being said, I have a question: How would all of this affect a medical grow? For example: Would a household member be allowed to grow their own 12 plants when a caregiver growing for patients also resides in the same home? Keeping in mind the household member is not a patient of the current caregiver. Would the grows need to be kept separate similar to that of multiple caregivers growing in the same facility? 

3 hours ago, Restorium2 said:

Doesn't matter if you bought it or grew it. Same same. It all adds up to your total. 

Would like to add a comment to the person(s} that thought you could have more if you grew it; WHHATTTTTTTTTTTTTT?????????  

As mentioned in the above reply.

It's what was wrote in the article.

And solid question by GG. Can I grow my 12 recreation plants alongside my medical. I imagine you would have to have each grow area separate from one another.

Who's ready for 84 plants?

In any case. I giggle at the idea of 2.5 oz per 12 plants and even more 10oz per 12 plants. What are we growing in? Shot glass's?

One or the other. You can't add the totals together. Both laws are 'total possession' of the one person. Pick your path and stick with it, keep your story straight and true. 

Keep saying that you can't stay in compliance with the plant count too high and they will fix it. Just stay quiet and happily keep your harvest private. 

Greetings to all.  I've been a member for several years. This is my 1st post.

Typical use for many is a gram/day or an ounce/month.  The additional time, effort, energy, money, and not to mention greenhouse gas production spent on an additional inside grow to maintain a constant supply and not exceed the 10 ounce limit is illogical when one outside grow can provide a year's supply. 

11 minutes ago, quantum mechanic said:

Greetings to all.  I've been a member for several years. This is my 1st post.

Typical use for many is a gram/day or an ounce/month.  The additional time, effort, energy, money, and not to mention greenhouse gas production spent on an additional inside grow to maintain a constant supply and not exceed the 10 ounce limit is illogical when one outside grow can provide a year's supply. 

Welcome to the world  of posting.

You learn that there is no 'typical' usage when you get out and meet a lot of patients.

It's illogical comparing indoor and outdoor grows. Way too many variables with living things, just like your 'typical usage'.

You are missing the point here my friend.  The "typical" amount I stated  and my reasoning for growing outside is to make  my example.

Regardless of how much you consume or where you grow  one shouldn't be inconvenienced by having to grow twice a year to stay within the law when once can suffice. 

Additionally any arbitrary limit on possession be it 2.5 oz.s or 25 oz.s just provides  law enforcement with an alternative revenue stream.

9 minutes ago, quantum mechanic said:

You are missing the point here my friend.  The "typical" amount I stated  and my reasoning for growing outside is to make  my example.

Regardless of how much you consume or where you grow  one shouldn't be inconvenienced by having to grow twice a year to stay within the law when once can suffice. 

Additionally any arbitrary limit on possession be it 2.5 oz.s or 25 oz.s just provides  law enforcement with an alternative revenue stream.

Good point.

On 10/14/2018 at 11:18 AM, gage2008 said:

As mentioned in the above reply.

It's what was wrote in the article.

And solid question by GG. Can I grow my 12 recreation plants alongside my medical. I imagine you would have to have each grow area separate from one another.

Who's ready for 84 plants?

In any case. I giggle at the idea of 2.5 oz per 12 plants and even more 10oz per 12 plants. What are we growing in? Shot glass's?

On 10/14/2018 at 12:14 PM, Restorium2 said:

One or the other. You can't add the totals together. Both laws are 'total possession' of the one person. Pick your path and stick with it, keep your story straight and true. 

Keep saying that you can't stay in compliance with the plant count too high and they will fix it. Just stay quiet and happily keep your harvest private. 

On 10/14/2018 at 11:02 AM, GrowGoddess said:

With that being said, I have a question: How would all of this affect a medical grow? For example: Would a household member be allowed to grow their own 12 plants when a caregiver growing for patients also resides in the same home? Keeping in mind the household member is not a patient of the current caregiver. Would the grows need to be kept separate similar to that of multiple caregivers growing in the same facility? 

Looks like I was misquoted. I was referring to two different people growing in the same household. One being a medical caregiver the other not. Both grows being separated, in different rooms, and behind locked doors. It is mostly just a curiosity question.  In other words, since a caregiver has a medical grow, does that mean another household member cannot grow their own recreational crop in that residence? Basically, would that residence be "banned" from any recreational grow as long as a medical grow was on the premises? Again, just out of curiosity, nothing planned in my world for something like this, but am guessing there are others that would consider it. 

Currently my medical grow is for 3 patients, I do not have room for any more plants than that, never did. If the legalization does go through, I will probably downsize and only grow some personal. Getting older and more tired! It would be awesome to have the freedom to take a real vacation and more overnight trips. It has been a long time. 

Edited by GrowGoddess

On 10/16/2018 at 10:23 AM, quantum mechanic said:

The additional time, effort, energy, money, and not to mention greenhouse gas production spent on an additional inside grow to maintain a constant supply and not exceed the 10 ounce limit is illogical when one outside grow can provide a year's supply. 

If I was able to grow outside I could grow enough to last all year. Unfortunately The way the law reads it would be nearly impossible for me to stay legal. The houses are too close together where I live and there is no way I could grow without it being visible from an adjoining property or the street.

My only option would be to construct a greenhouse. If did that I would be concerned about drawing attention from thieves.

As for usage I typically go through a minimum of four to six grams a day. Definitely impractical to purchase on income from Social Security.

The laws are currently enforced to help the police steal money and property, not to help the patients. I'm waiting to see what new loopholes they'll come up with ti try to circumvent the new recreational laws.

My guess is that they are going to try to steer it to be like Nevada where you can't grow your own if you live within 25 miles of a dispensary. Nevada has a 15% wholesale tax and another 10% for retail recreational sales and 2% per sale for medical.

If you grow your own they can't tax it so the end goal will be to make it all taxable.

Edited by Wild Bill

• 2 years later...
14 hours ago, BlancaColucci said:

If I were you, I would grow a couple at a time. This way, you won't need to worry about the weight. Actually, you'll be fine even if you decide to grow more than 12 plants; at least, that's what I did. But, if you don't want to take the risk, I completely get you! That's totally fine! By the way, do you guys know where I could get myself some natural products with CBD online? I've tried several brands, including the top ones like Five CBD, Zatural, and Aspen Green, but I'd like to try out something cheaper. Please, please, help! Cheers!

You picked a very old thread to comment on. Laws change. The rec law says you can have all the marijuana you grew off your 12 outdoor plants. The rest of your post is spam I think. Probably the whole reason you posted. 

2 hours ago, Wild Bill said:

The topic may be old but if the information contained in it is useful to you then it's definitely worth asking questions.

The only question asked was off topic about CBD products while spamming a few name brands. 

The reason I said anything was when advice was given and weight was mentioned as a problem and it isn't anymore. 

Love to make that clear for everyone. All you grow on your 12 is legal to have now. 

Not on more than 12. Keep the story straight and things will go great. Slip of the lip will sink your ship.