Cannatonic 4

Albertus Magnus

I have been running what I think is Cannatonic 4 for around 8 years. It came from the Lansing area. I don't think it is the Perkins cut and I think it has more THC. The one I am growing has a real fruity cherry smell when grown and smoked. Live resin tastes like cherries and like nothing else I have ever tried. Dabbing it for a few days can make me feel depressed. I have seen it work wonders with Parkinson's patients and I also make it into an ISO and mix it with high THC ISO for a cancer patient.  Does anyone else have any experience with this cut? Thanks

I wouldn't bill it as Cannatonic if you only "think" it is, and most certainly you shouldn't distribute it to folks who want a high CBD product (for Parkinson's, epilepsy, Crohn's, etc) unless you have it tested. To do otherwise would be irresponsible.

Edited by zeebudz

I've ran Cannatonic for years and it has a grape smell to me. Mixed the cannatonic with high thc also. Patient usually likes to mix with the high thc as it works better for them. Each patient is different. One patient started getting head aches after smoking too much of the cannatonic, reduced the percentage of cannatonic and head aches went away. Also make butter with 4:1 ratio of high thc to cannatonic. 

Most plants stay small (3' heights) but this year plants are 5' high. Clones from last year so know they are same cut. Get no high from these plants though.

Edited by blackhorse

1 hour ago, blackhorse said:

I've ran Cannatonic for years and it has a grape smell to me. Mixed the cannatonic with high thc also. Patient usually likes to mix with the high thc as it works better for them. Each patient is different. One patient started getting head aches after smoking too much of the cannatonic, reduced the percentage of cannatonic and head aches went away. Also make butter with 4:1 ratio of high thc to cannatonic. 

Most plants stay small (3' heights) but this year plants are 5' high. Clones from last year so know they are same cut. Get no high from these plants though.

What is the reason for growing a low thc strain then mixing it with more thc? How is it different than just growing a well balanced strain and not mixing? Ever since the 70's everyone I know who smoked low thc cannabis got a headache. That's nothing new to the old school real folks. Been watching newbies catch on to the fact that high cbd doesn't do much but give headaches. They hardly ever listen to the experienced and need a headache to understand. Can't argue with a headache can they?

The cbd does help with seizures. One patient uses a mixture of cbd and thc to help control the seizures. Another patient uses cannatonic in making butter, no high thc.

So each person has their own requirements. I have grown Star Tonic which is a mixture of both, hard to find now. 

Some people want nothing to do with cbd, that is fine with me.

I don't understand being called irresponsible right out of the gate, could make a person not want to come back and post. I asked if anyone had any knowledge about this strain of Cann 4 because, I think the one I have has higher THC in it than the Perkins cut. Not a lot more but some more. The plant grows super slow and smells like skittles on steroids. These are the test results of the ISO my Stage 4, Non- Hodgkin's Lymphoma cancer patients gets. It has saved/prolonged his life and the Cancer Institute of America has it documented. This same dose helps 2 patients with Parkinsons who like the THC. This is a combination of two refined grain alcohol extractions (filtered to 1 Micron) mixed together and tested. The alcohol is reclaimed using thermal dynamics under full vacuum at low temperature so the cannabinoids are not activated. Dabs of this tastes like cherries and will mess you up. Good for pain also. I will get a picture of the plant later tonight when my lights come on. Maybe that can help ID it.  

Test
Compounds
CBDV THCV CBC CBD Δ8 THC Δ9 THC CBG CBN TOTAL
Amount N/D 0.3 1.7 27.0 0.2 36.0 2.3 N/D 67.5%
Edited by Albertus Magnus

• 8 months later...

Resin Seeds states that 50% of seeds will be 1:1 ratio, 25% at high cbd, 25% at high thc.

So would need to test each plant to get the high cbd plant, which could be cloned over and over.

Also this is cannatonic 1 instead of cannatonic 4.

Cannatonic 4 is still out there, just hard to locate.

• 1 month later...
On 10/18/2018 at 9:57 AM, Restorium2 said:

What is the reason for growing a low thc strain then mixing it with more thc? How is it different than just growing a well balanced strain and not mixing? 

I can tell you why I do. I want to be able to control the amount of THC in what I smoke. I do a grind of 2 parts cannatonic and 1 part sativa. I grind it all together and then adjust it if I need to. I don't like getting high. I am after the CBD and add the thc to make the pain relief last longer. I can't speak for anyone else, but this works for me. 

1 hour ago, wjkingsnorth said:

I can tell you why I do. I want to be able to control the amount of THC in what I smoke. I do a grind of 2 parts cannatonic and 1 part sativa. I grind it all together and then adjust it if I need to. I don't like getting high. I am after the CBD and add the thc to make the pain relief last longer. I can't speak for anyone else, but this works for me. 

Very good. 

Check out that the boiling points of THC and CBD are different. Might help with 'adjusting'. 

I have a new strain called cookies and cheese that is 20% thc and 18% cbd.

This strain is good for person who needs the high thc and also the high cbd.

The high cbd helps with seizures.

Very happy with this plant.

Just started a high cbd with under .5 thc. Similar to Cannatonic #4.

Would love to get Cannatonic again.

7 hours ago, Slappy said:

I was talking to someone about it a few days ago. However I am not too sure if they were referring to the local clone, or something they popped from a seed. I can find out though.

So dude has the local cut among 25 other strains. He said Cannatonic#4 will be available in about a month or so. Supposed to get a list of other strains as they become available.

Well, I just bought a 4'x4'x80" tent for the basement. My wife will have to deal with the smell. Nobody seems to be growing CBD strains for the dispensaries as I have not been able to find Cannatonic anywhere. Going to start some seeds tonight. They will be ready for the new tent by the time it arrives. I may try to put a dryer vent in the glass block window downstairs where the tent will be. I have a good filter system, but it is too big for my small 2'x4'x72" tent.

29 minutes ago, wjkingsnorth said:

Well, I just bought a 4'x4'x80" tent for the basement. My wife will have to deal with the smell. Nobody seems to be growing CBD strains for the dispensaries as I have not been able to find Cannatonic anywhere. Going to start some seeds tonight. They will be ready for the new tent by the time it arrives. I may try to put a dryer vent in the glass block window downstairs where the tent will be. I have a good filter system, but it is too big for my small 2'x4'x72" tent.

Same here in Standish area. No cannatonic bud for sale or any clones on the market.

Popping a high cbd at this time, ordered from seedsman.

4 hours ago, wjkingsnorth said:

You shouldn't have much smell if you are using the right carbon-filter fan combo. You'll likely have to upgrade that as well to keep your wife happy.