Jump to content
www.micompassion.com

If Proposal 1 is passed how soon will non patients be able to purchase marijuana, and from where?

Recommended Posts

If Proposal 1 is passed how soon will non patients be able to purchase marijuana, and from where?

I have someone who was a patient ask me this. They would still benefit from cannabis however they didn't want to be on a list with the State so they let their card expire. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sometime here mentioned 45 days after it passes.  So, some time in December (to lazy to do math right now :P)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, blackhorse said:

Where will people get their supply from?

Will provisioning centers open up for recreational?

Same place they been getting it.

You need a card to buy at a dispensary.

It's probably going to be a while before the State sets up a structure for rec dispensaries.

Tell you what, it's going to be much easier without SCHUETTE!!!! Good riddance!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will become effective in mid-December, probably.

I have some questions:

 

1) Once it becomes legal, why would I need my MM card?

2) My card expires in 13 months. Would I need to renew it?

 

3) I buy/use RSO. Will that be legal to buy? (Is it technically an edible?)

 

Mel

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, compiler said:

It will become effective in mid-December, probably.

I have some questions:

 

1) Once it becomes legal, why would I need my MM card?

2) My card expires in 13 months. Would I need to renew it?

 

3) I buy/use RSO. Will that be legal to buy? (Is it technically an edible?)

 

Mel

 

 

You need a card to buy from the dispensaries. If you don't need that option then do not renew. 

We will all have to watch and see when the first recreational distribution system(s) become legal.

Might take a long time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, I wasn't clear.

I meant there would be no detectable odor.

Also, I tend to take the RSO in the evening only and I do not drive at that time.

I guess it's quite conceivable that I go to the dispensary, buy RSO, and then get pulled over. But I would not be high at all.

 

Mel

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So RSO oil gets you high? It would be wise to take it while resting, not having to go out. At least, not drive.

How does it work if you drive the next day when you're no longer high? It would still be detected on a drug test. Could they still get you for drugged driving? It would be like detecting 2 glasses of wine from a week ago. There has to be some logic behind it. I could see police abuse it as a payback to those who use it now. And on a side note, will we see less medical people now? The ones who were just getting high? My opinion was it was always a pretty big amount of medical users.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Dalbert said:

So RSO oil gets you high? It would be wise to take it while resting, not having to go out. At least, not drive.

How does it work if you drive the next day when you're no longer high? It would still be detected on a drug test. Could they still get you for drugged driving? It would be like detecting 2 glasses of wine from a week ago. There has to be some logic behind it. I could see police abuse it as a payback to those who use it now. And on a side note, will we see less medical people now? The ones who were just getting high? My opinion was it was always a pretty big amount of medical users.

Cannabis oil, when used by someone who knows their dose and is used to it, doesn't impede driving ability.

I think that cannabis oil is one of the ways to use cannabis that is the most predictable if used in a consistent manor.

That would make it the most usable while doing your daily duties including driving.  

No surprises. It becomes part of the life of a patient. A better life.

Quote from one of my patients; "Cannabis oil makes for a great day".

He was an opioid abuser that I helped convert to cannabis oil. Probably would be dead by now on opioids.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Restorium2 said:

Cannabis oil, when used by someone who knows their dose and is used to it, doesn't impede driving ability.

I think that cannabis oil is one of the ways to use cannabis that is the most predictable if used in a consistent manor.

That would make it the most usable while doing your daily duties including driving.  

No surprises. It becomes part of the life of a patient. A better life.

Quote from one of my patients; "Cannabis oil makes for a great day".

He was an opioid abuser that I helped convert to cannabis oil. Probably would be dead by now on opioids.

That's really a good thing but what would show up (and for how long) on a blood test? There needs to be a way to tell the difference from someone actively high and someone who used the previous day. Just because someone has a high tolerance doesn't mean they can legally drive under the influence. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Dalbert said:

That's really a good thing but what would show up (and for how long) on a blood test? There needs to be a way to tell the difference from someone actively high and someone who used the previous day. Just because someone has a high tolerance doesn't mean they can legally drive under the influence. 

I never get 'high' enough to lose the ability to drive. Just doesn't happen. I always can pass a field sobriety test. Right after I smoke the top shelf, highest strength meds, I can stand on one foot, touch my nose, count backwards. Don't get caught up in the propaganda. It's not like alcohol. People don't get in wrecks because they are high. People get in wrecks when they are high for other reasons and it gets blamed on cannabis. Most people aren't ever 'under the influence' of marijuana. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dalbert:

Why should I worry about a field sobriety test? I would not be high when pulled over. I am a good, careful driver. I have been pulled over for various violations and I have NEVER been given a field sobriety test. I don't carry the RSO in the car, other than transport from dispensary to home.

 

Mel

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, compiler said:

Dalbert:

Why should I worry about a field sobriety test? I would not be high when pulled over. I am a good, careful driver. I have been pulled over for various violations and I have NEVER been given a field sobriety test. I don't carry the RSO in the car, other than transport from dispensary to home.

 

Mel

 

Good question. You need to practice your field sobriety test because SOME cops will try to blame everything and anything you do on marijuana. They like to pad the statistics. Basically lie for money and job security. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, compiler said:

Dalbert:

Why should I worry about a field sobriety test? I would not be high when pulled over. I am a good, careful driver. I have been pulled over for various violations and I have NEVER been given a field sobriety test. I don't carry the RSO in the car, other than transport from dispensary to home.

 

Mel

 

Yes, I understand this. My question is if a cop did decide to mess with you when you weren't medicated? A blood test shows THC. Even though you're not high at the time, it still shows up on the test. And the way LEO likes messing with people, I can easily see this happening 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×