If Proposal 1 is passed how soon will non patients be able to purchase marijuana, and from where?

6 hours ago, Restorium2 said:

Good question. You need to practice your field sobriety test because SOME cops will try to blame everything and anything you do on marijuana. They like to pad the statistics. Basically lie for money and job security. 

Exactly. I have a handicapped plate and was pulled over last year. The cop asked me if I was drinking. I don't consume alcohol. He asked me to step out of the car. I was freaking out that he was going to give me a sobriety test, which I would fail. At least walking a straight line or a balance test. I have MS which effects my balance and coordination.  There's no practicing I could possibly do. But the cop apparently decided I was OK and let me go. A failed sobriety test may have resulted in a blood test which would have tested positive for THC. I wasn't actively high but I was the night before.

Did I mention, I don't trust police? : )

You're right- medicated does not equal impaired.

Should have said- if you have a card, you are not in danger if not impaired at time of stop.

But I also recognize it's a deep rabbit hole in how leo determines impairment.  There is too much power in leo's hands, facts can easily be created or manipulated.  Unfortunately, we're subject to the guilty until proven innocent rule.  How do you prove you weren't impaired (maybe at a later date) when it's automatically assumed leo is on the up and up?

Personally, I don't go out much and don't vape my oil when I do.  I also do not transport my cannabis unless I have to (only use it at home, only transport to bring home).   I will not give them the ammo to condemn me by having my stash with me

I understand others have different situations (needing to use it more often, etc), so no judgements from me.

If a blood test is the decider, I'm medicated all the time. I can always drive with no impairment. Haven't had a ticket in 15 years. No accidents. Nothing. Just a good driver staying within the boundaries of what you can do and not get a ticket. 

At some point it's going to come to light that cannabis is one of the safest medications to be on while driving. They shouldn't even be testing for it at all. There are so many bad drivers out there for so many other reasons it is laughable that they even test for cannabis use. That is why law enforcement is having such a hard time with it. Everything they are doing regarding cannabis impairment is built on a foundation of bad information and bad intentions. 

36 minutes ago, Restorium2 said:

If a blood test is the decider, I'm medicated all the time. I can always drive with no impairment. Haven't had a ticket in 15 years. No accidents. Nothing. Just a good driver staying within the boundaries of what you can do and not get a ticket. 

At some point it's going to come to light that cannabis is one of the safest medications to be on while driving. They shouldn't even be testing for it at all. There are so many bad drivers out there for so many other reasons it is laughable that they even test for cannabis use. That is why law enforcement is having such a hard time with it. Everything they are doing regarding cannabis impairment is built on a foundation of bad information and bad intentions. 

Put a cell phone in a driver's hand and their IQ drops 15 points. And they were already idiots....

I'm glad you're a good driver. I like to think I am one too. But even the best driver in the world could get rear ended or t-boned. It happens every day. And one over-eager cop is all it takes to blow a person's world up. Yes, it hasn't happened yet but with the new laws pisssing off the cops, they may start testing everyone they can. Legally or not. Police really do believe they're above the law.

It's a crime to lie to the police but they are legally allowed to lie to a citizen.  Pretty backwards if you ask me.

I wouldn't be looking for State Licensed recreational provisioning centers anytime soon, but looking back at medical over the last decade we saw dispensaries galore!! Hell we just had our first fully licensed sale a few weeks ago! That being said, I wouldn't be surprised to see unlicensed "gray" area shops popping up sporadically across the state. Another option that may or may not happen is that some licensed medical provisioning centers would be issued a special license to sell recreational cannabis. I think that would be an awesome option...\

KEEP YOUR CARD at least for the next year, then play it by ear.

Just now, JR411 said:

I wouldn't be looking for State Licensed recreational provisioning centers anytime soon, but looking back at medical over the last decade we saw dispensaries galore!! Hell we just had our first fully licensed sale a few weeks ago! That being said, I wouldn't be surprised to see unlicensed "gray" area shops popping up sporadically across the state. Another option that may or may not happen is that some licensed medical provisioning centers would be issued a special license to sell recreational cannabis. I think that would be an awesome option...\

KEEP YOUR CARD at least for the next year, then play it by ear.

That's what I'm hearing from the local government. They are waiting for the State to give them this option. It's the easiest option for their zoning. The Supervisor and the dispensary owners seem to be on the same page, just waiting for the ok. Then everyone can go to the dispensaries. 

On 11/9/2018 at 2:32 PM, Restorium2 said:

All these accidents that they blame on cannabis have other reasons why they happen. Always at least another factor. Never just cannabis. In all my years I have yet to know of a single accident that was actually caused by cannabis. 

Also, the rise is cannabis with driving- they didn't have a roadside test until recent years.  How can they claim there has been a rise in numbers when they don't have any data to compare with?  I personally don't feel there has been a rise in driving/cannabis, they're are just trapping more people because they can now test for it.

• 3 weeks later...

This is a pretty good read even if it's a year old. 

https://baronedefensefirm.com/blog/driving-under-the-influence-of-marijuana/

Zero tolerance for no-medical card holders..

"On the other hand, if you don’t have a medical marijuana card and are stopped by the police, then you can be charged with a zero-tolerance crime.  This means that if you are not a medical marijuana patient/card holder, then the prosecutor need only show “any amount” of THC in order to gain a conviction."