Georgia Medical Card

Artist-retreat

No, Michigan does not restrict products to low THC, if you have an out of state med card.

You may want to call ahead to a specific dispensary to ask if they accept out of state/Georgia cards. I would say they should, but its kind of a strange thing as your state is not really true medical marijuana.

However I do not see Georgia in the list that Michigan LARA created. Probably because a "low thc oil" "only" card is not really a medical marijuana card.

Does your card look like this?

Low-THC-Registry-Card---Front_Back.png

https://www.michigan.gov/documents/lara/Ohio_Patient_ID_Cards_and_Out_of_State_Registration_624599_7.pdf

Based on the available data, the following states are currently issuing medical marihuana cards or registration certifications to patients:

• Alaska • Arizona • California • Colorado • Connecticut • Delaware • Florida • Hawaii • Illinois • Maine • Maryland • Massachusetts • Minnesota • Montana • Nevada • New Hampshire • New Jersey • New Mexico • New York • Ohio# • Oregon • Pennsylvania • Rhode Island • Vermont • Washington • Washington DC • West Virginia*

Sounds fishy.  Are you in Georgia still?  (I would guess that's the case, or you'd have a Michigan mmj card)  trying to cheat the system isn't going to work, and no reputable shop here is going to risk their future.  Anyone you find who will sell to you with that card isn't going to be less risky than just buying it from folks down there.

I mean (and I've never heard of a low thc registry, so not an expert), there are very few loopholes in these laws (mostly because they're made so restrictive in the first place) and if you think you've found one, I promise- you aren't the first and measures have been taken against the holes.

And, being Georgia isn't on the medical mj list above, I don't think they're going to let you shop at Costco with your Sam's Club card.   again, not an expert.  apple and oranges

Going to be legal here soon, anyway.  Why risk your money, assets, time and possibly, freedom?  (in the event you're now a Michigan resident)

Just wait a couple months and everyone will be able to buy at the dispensaries. Until then you can carry 2.5 ounces and have 10 at your home. 

I don't think they are arresting anyone for buying anymore if it's not over 10 ounces. Even if you are from Georgia. :^) Gotta smoke it here though. Taking it home is going to put you to picking State peas in Georgia. 

• 2 months later...

If you are 21 or older and stay away from K-12 schools or federal property (like national parks), you can legally have up to 2.5 ounces of weed and take it wherever you like. That’s a lot of pot: The Michigan limit amounts to around 140 joints of 0.5 grams each.

In your own home, you can have much more. Each household can have up to 10 ounces (560 joints) and can grow up to 12 plants. There are additional restrictions on where and how they can grow — for example, plants (even outdoor ones) must be in a place where they’re not easily visible to the public.

• 4 weeks later...