Jump to content
JOSE AMAYA

I want to be a caregiver, please help me with my questions

Recommended Posts

Dear friends.

I plan to live in Michigan in 2019 and I intend to start in the marijuana business as a caregiver. I have no experience in the subject and I want to respectfully ask for your help.

Is it easy to become a caregiver?
If so, what part of Michigan is the business most promising?
How much can my net income be a year, that is, after covering all my expenses?

Thank you for your help and I hope it is allowed to ask this type of questions in this forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest there is not a ton of money to be made in the caregiver  business most times caregivers  find patients that are low income and cant afford to pay much  as for location most places with larger populations are the best bets to find Patients metro Detroit Grand Rapids Battle creek   etc  and its not hard at all to become a caregiver as long as you dont have  a criminal record like  drug sales or any Violent felonies  on your record.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be competitive you would have to cough up tens of thousands of dollars for a grow license and then compete against the dispensaries offering ounces from $80 on up to top shelf for $200. 

There are no marijuana monopolies in Michigan anymore. It's a very free market. The question asked here is way behind the wave. That time has come and gone as Michigan has turned the corner. You would have to find another emerging State to set up that kind of business. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Restorium2 said:

To be competitive you would have to cough up tens of thousands of dollars for a grow license and then compete against the dispensaries offering ounces from $80 on up to top shelf for $200. 

There are no marijuana monopolies in Michigan anymore. It's a very free market. The question asked here is way behind the wave. That time has come and gone as Michigan has turned the corner. You would have to find another emerging State to set up that kind of business. 

Thanks for your reply. So the best thing will be to have a vertical business? Cultivate, have a dispensary and have your own clients?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Kingdiamond said:

To be honest there is not a ton of money to be made in the caregiver  business most times caregivers  find patients that are low income and cant afford to pay much  as for location most places with larger populations are the best bets to find Patients metro Detroit Grand Rapids Battle creek   etc  and its not hard at all to become a caregiver as long as you dont have  a criminal record like  drug sales or any Violent felonies  on your record.

Thanks for your reply. Your information is very valuable to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, JOSE AMAYA said:

Thanks for your reply. So the best thing will be to have a vertical business? Cultivate, have a dispensary and have your own clients?

If you had been here about 2 years ago, yes. You are quite late to this. I'm watching the weak and late have their businesses fail. Lots of used grow equipment for sale these days. Large lots of it. 

Now caregivers are just that, caregivers for sick people close to them or just growing for themselves. Not in it to make money. Just in it to help people and save money on their personal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Restorium2 said:

If you had been here about 2 years ago, yes. You are quite late to this. I'm watching the weak and late have their businesses fail. Lots of used grow equipment for sale these days. Large lots of it. 

Now caregivers are just that, caregivers for sick people close to them or just growing for themselves. Not in it to make money. Just in it to help people and save money on their personal.

Thanks for your sincerity and support. What do you think then to enter as an investor, maybe someone who wants to take a next step and need investors?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yes, honestly if you are looking for a business, you need the money and knowledge to get the license. First step in becoming a CG is to grow your own. We spent about 10k to make our room and buy the equipment, and we didn't even have the patients at that time. The microgrow business license most likely won't be ready to apply for for almost a year. Some towns are opting out of recreational facilities, but allowing medical facilities. We are all waiting to see what happens, but most likely it'll take up to 2 years before we see recreational legal sales. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, t-pain said:

Quickest legal way to make money? Open a hydro grow supply store in an area that needs it. Or in a municipality that has opted out / banned dispensaries.

A city that bans dispensaries means more people will grow in those areas.

Thank you. Tell me more and maybe we are partners. What do you think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, t-pain said:

Quickest legal way to make money? Open a hydro grow supply store in an area that needs it. Or in a municipality that has opted out / banned dispensaries.

A city that bans dispensaries means more people will grow in those areas.

Those will be the dry areas just like Colorado. If a city doesn't like dispensaries then they will not like growing either. Don't set up in cannabis unfriendly areas. That wouldn't be smart at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, bliss said:

yes, honestly if you are looking for a business, you need the money and knowledge to get the license. First step in becoming a CG is to grow your own. We spent about 10k to make our room and buy the equipment, and we didn't even have the patients at that time. The microgrow business license most likely won't be ready to apply for for almost a year. Some towns are opting out of recreational facilities, but allowing medical facilities. We are all waiting to see what happens, but most likely it'll take up to 2 years before we see recreational legal sales. 

 

That's not what I'm hearing from the local township supervisor. He wants to fast track recreational users being able to use the medical dispensaries. The dispensary owners in the area are just waiting for the ok to go forward with selling to everyone. Shouldn't be years. Should be months. Should be very interesting indeed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Restorium2 said:

That's not what I'm hearing from the local township supervisor. He wants to fast track recreational users being able to use the medical dispensaries. The dispensary owners in the area are just waiting for the ok to go forward with selling to everyone. Shouldn't be years. Should be months. Should be very interesting indeed!

That's right, my concern in the business is that the state of Michigan will soon release the sale to recreational clients. It would be very interesting to be there and earn a few dollars.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, JOSE AMAYA said:

That's right, my concern in the business is that the state of Michigan will soon release the sale to recreational clients. It would be very interesting to be there and earn a few dollars.

Just nice for everyone to be able to have 10 ounces and 12 plants and nobody goes without. 

The money angle is a little nauseating for me at this point. Seen every single angle you could think of and most of it is lies for money. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Restorium2 said:

Just nice for everyone to be able to have 10 ounces and 12 plants and nobody goes without. 

The money angle is a little nauseating for me at this point. Seen every single angle you could think of and most of it is lies for money. 

Is true. Thank You again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Resto said it right.  The money angle is nauseating.   If you are a caregiver and operate under the framework of MMJ rules, probably the best you can do is break-even.  Every guy and his brothers and his cousins are growing weed in Michigan.  I've been doing this for many years.  I know several growers who are sitting on pounds of high-quality outdoor-grown marijuana and offering ounces for about $80 to $100.   If you want to profit in this industry, as a caregiver, you need to be able to offer a product that supplants what is available on the open market.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for your opinion. My idea is to do things correctly and understand what it is about being a Cargiver, a producer or being a dispensary owner. Now that the state has approved the sale for recreational use I think that new possibilities open to investment. I value and respect the opinion of all of you in this forum and I am receiving the wisdom of many years of experience. I am still very interested in the business and I am open to listen to proposals. Thanks again everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/14/2018 at 2:13 PM, JOSE AMAYA said:

Thank you for your opinion. My idea is to do things correctly and understand what it is about being a Cargiver, a producer or being a dispensary owner. Now that the state has approved the sale for recreational use I think that new possibilities open to investment. I value and respect the opinion of all of you in this forum and I am receiving the wisdom of many years of experience. I am still very interested in the business and I am open to listen to proposals. Thanks again everyone.

I am a very experienced grower from Indiana planning to relocate to SW Michigan in a few months. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2018 at 12:47 PM, JOSE AMAYA said:

Dear friends.

I plan to live in Michigan in 2019 and I intend to start in the marijuana business as a caregiver. I have no experience in the subject and I want to respectfully ask for your help.

Is it easy to become a caregiver?
If so, what part of Michigan is the business most promising?
How much can my net income be a year, that is, after covering all my expenses?

Thank you for your help and I hope it is allowed to ask this type of questions in this forum.

my advice is dont do it.  Unless you're planning on taking the cannabis back to your buddies in indiana, there is no market  for it.  Exxcept gTrick cant seem to find any, anywhere.  THe market is completely saturated.  Top shelf meds go for $125/oz if you're lucky.  Everyone wants fronts and noone wants to pay.  

If you're still interestd, I have an entire grow op I'm willing to sell you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/14/2018 at 2:00 PM, Highlander said:

Resto said it right.  The money angle is nauseating.   If you are a caregiver and operate under the framework of MMJ rules, probably the best you can do is break-even.  Every guy and his brothers and his cousins are growing weed in Michigan.  I've been doing this for many years.  I know several growers who are sitting on pounds of high-quality outdoor-grown marijuana and offering ounces for about $80 to $100.   If you want to profit in this industry, as a caregiver, you need to be able to offer a product that supplants what is available on the open market.

I have a closed loop extractor I'd love to network with these people sitting on weight.  Although its a bit old now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The folks who made money during the California gold rush were the ones who sold the pick axes, the maps, the denim jeans, etc.  Very few miner '49ers got lucky and actually made money themselves.

T-Pain's advice about opening a hydroponics store is very good advice.

There is so much money going into grow businesses, dispensaries, cannabis stocks, etc. There will likely be overproduction (like in Oregon), with razor thin profit margins. I wouldn't try to compete, either as a grower or as an "investor".

Look at niche markets that support the main grower market. A hydroponics store is one idea. Also think about setting up a testing facility, if you have the lab skills.  Or become an edible maker, buying other growers' shake for a song.

For myself, I am looking to breed special strains of cannabis and make high-quality Indica-dominant seeds (and maybe clones). I am also looking at producing earthworm castings in bulk.

Edited by mishigami bear
spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Similar Content

×
×
  • Create New...