Bugs in my DWC reservoir

caregiver123

I’m very upset with the info I received elsewhere about my root aphid problem.

Will Botanigard and/or Green Clean work to kill these aphids?  If so, how should I use them?  These plants have already received several treatments of Azamax throughout veg. The aphids only exist within my reservoir so that is they only place I want to treat.  They are 2 weeks into flower at the moment.

Thanks for the help!

Edited by caregiver123

Try diatomaceous earth on top of your substrate. It can also help if you have a continuous breeze blowing on the plants. Rinse your roots daily if possible and change your water frequently.

It generally helps if the substrate is above the water line. When the substrate is constantly wet it tends to create problems from insects and fungus type diseases.

Do they fly? If so they are probably fungus gnats.

• 1 year later...
On 11/25/2018 at 8:19 PM, caregiver123 said:

I’m very upset with the info I received elsewhere about my root aphid problem.

Will Botanigard and/or Green Clean work to kill these aphids?  If so, how should I use them?  These plants have already received several treatments of Azamax throughout veg. The aphids only exist within my reservoir so that is they only place I want to treat.  They are 2 weeks into flower at the moment.

Thanks for the help!

Go nuclear. 35% H202 @ 3ML/gallon. Bye bye aphids. I'd wear gloves. Highly corrosive stuff. I sterilize my reservoirs with it :)

Edited by jonnynobody

• 1 year later...

I have dealt with them before and the only sure way I think to kill them is to kill them every day for a couple of weeks. There are many sprays that kill them, on contact. Some are more aggressive than others but find one you like that wont kill your roots, like a strong peroxide would work but also risks hurting roots. Open the lid and spray them dead, then do it again and again over the course of a couple weeks, eventually the babies that keep hatching will die out and nothing will be growing anymore.

• 2 months later...