What will be the difference in amounts we can possess medically vs recreationally

4 hours ago, Restorium2 said:

Keeping your card will give you a better defense if caught driving and do not pass a blood test. 

That's about it. So if you don't drive then let it laps. Or if you want to buy at the dispensaries don't let it laps. 

Probably some other reasons too. 

You can have 10 ounces now.

Medical patients are getting the same 10 ounces as recreational? 

11 hours ago, blackhorse said:

Medical patients are getting the same 10 ounces as recreational? 

As long as you are an adult. You are a patient and a resident. I don't think you can add it together so go with the higher of the two. I can see that a case can be made for adding it together. But it wouldn't be automatic. You would have to make a case that you needed 2.5 for some specific medical use and then you want to enjoy your recreational 10 also. So then you can have 12.5.

2 hours ago, Restorium2 said:

As long as you are an adult. You are a patient and a resident. I don't think you can add it together so go with the higher of the two. I can see that a case can be made for adding it together. But it wouldn't be automatic. You would have to make a case that you needed 2.5 for some specific medical use and then you want to enjoy your recreational 10 also. So then you can have 12.5.

I will wait and see how this plays out. 

If you make purchases from a dispensary the tax rate will be lower for medical. I just got back from Las Vegas where it is legal and they use this model. CBD products are considered medical while THC products are considered recreational. THC is taxed at 15% and CBD at 10%. (Not positive about the exact tax rate but I think that's what they told me.)

3 hours ago, Wild Bill said:

If you make purchases from a dispensary the tax rate will be lower for medical. I just got back from Las Vegas where it is legal and they use this model. CBD products are considered medical while THC products are considered recreational. THC is taxed at 15% and CBD at 10%. (Not positive about the exact tax rate but I think that's what they told me.)

Isn't that a crock of BS? Knowing that THC, along with the rest of the plant, IS the medicinal part, yet it gets excluded AS the medicine part.

There are some backwards politicians in Vegas. 

20 hours ago, Restorium2 said:

Isn't that a crock of BS? Knowing that THC, along with the rest of the plant, IS the medicinal part, yet it gets excluded AS the medicine part.

There are some backwards politicians in Vegas. 

Folks are used to paying more for everything in Vegas so the excessive taxes don't seem to bother them.

The dispensary I went to was very nice though. Lots of brass and polished wood. It reminded me of a high end tobacconist.

It's not the taxes that will take away our rights. It's the very shaky foundation it's all built on when they lie about the ingredients. If they know it or not they are pushing the 'all you want to do is get high on THC' and 'you can't drive with THC in your blood'. 

When you succumb to false accusations and bad double standards, no matter what you get out of it, you go backwards in the long run.

See where accommodating the false hype about CBD has put us? Only a fraction of medical use is allowed because of the big fat lie for money about CBD. Most REAL patients don't even want just CBD. The people who hyped CBD were all about profit and making a monopoly, and not so much about helping anyone. They totally have been messing us up and costing us our future with medical THC and the rest of the plant. 

2 hours ago, Restorium2 said:

See where accommodating the false hype about CBD has put us? Only a fraction of medical use is allowed because of the big fat lie for money about CBD. Most REAL patients don't even want just CBD. The people who hyped CBD were all about profit and making a monopoly, and not so much about helping anyone. They totally have been messing us up and costing us our future with medical THC and the rest of the plant. 

Some real patients want the thc and cbd. Their is room for both in the market. Dispensaries that I have frequented do not carry any bud with medium or high cbd.

I don't see a problem here in Michigan . As a caregiver, if a patient wants higher cbd then I will try to accommodate them. I never grow more than my quota so it isn't a problem.