Genetics Exchange

Would we want a swap meet type thing or just meet up individually? The beginning of February would be the earliest I could do it. With the holidays and travel plans in January I don't think I could get rooted clones ready until then. Cuttings of course could be ready on a moments notice.

Rooted clones would be my first choice. I'd hate to travel across the state and then have the cuttings die when I got them home.

When we get a better idea of how many people might be involved then we can make a more informed decision about where to meet. We need to find a location that's reasonably accessible to everyone.  I've spoken to a couple of folks not on the forum and they're interested in taking part too.

Edited by Wild Bill

On 12/10/2018 at 4:10 PM, blackhorse said:

I had Star Tonic until a year ago. Though I would always be able to get in AA, but soon as I stopped growing the supplier stopped selling the clones too.

Got seeds of 20% THC and 20% CBD to crack soon. These are for a seizure patient to try out.

I can get the clone back for you.  

• 3 weeks later...

I spoke with Anthony from GrowGreenMi last night and he said that they are willing to let us have our genetics exchange at their facility in Whitmore Lake, just north of Ann Arbor.

For those not familiar with GrowGreenMi, it's the largest grow store in the state. They frequently have events for the growing community and they are willing to fit us into the schedule.

Grow Green Mi
9197 E M36
Whitmore Lake, MI 48189
810-299-2900

We should have some ground rules so I'm going to suggest a few.
  1.  NO CASH EXCHANGES! Trade or gift only. We don't want the authorities to have any reason to take away what we fought for so long.
  2.  No more than 12 cuttings/clones per person. Same reason as above.
  3. Ideally we should have some volunteers to check incoming plants for insects or disease.
  4. Any conditions that GrowGreenMi might require. They have been long time supporters of the movement and are generous enough to let us meet there so whatever they say goes.

If we can get some feedback on how many might be interested and how long it might take to get things organized we can finalize plans.

I would be willing to donate a few cuttings to new patients who are just getting started.

Hopefully we can all get together soon.

Edited by Wild Bill

• 1 year later...
10 hours ago, GMStringbean said:

What happened? Post went cold?

There wasn't much interest on this site. Grow Green Mi has had a couple of clone and seed swaps. They are becoming popular from what I understand. Keep an eye on their website for info on upcoming swaps.

http://growgreenmi.com/