Recreational

blackhorse

• 4 months later...

Since so many municipalities are opting out of recreational marijuana facilities, is anyone working on getting this on the ballot?

Understand that 5% of voters in last governors race must sign a petition to get this on the ballot.

This will have to happen at each township/city to overrule the officials opting out ruling.

1 hour ago, blackhorse said:

Since so many municipalities are opting out of recreational marijuana facilities, is anyone working on getting this on the ballot?

Understand that 5% of voters in last governors race must sign a petition to get this on the ballot.

This will have to happen at each township/city to overrule the officials opting out ruling.

Colorado let them decide for themselves. Probably the best way to go. Express your ideas at meetings and ultimately vote out the cannabis haters if they can't learn. 

I have found that a smart township supervisor will be on your side, however, how many are smart? If they opt out they are ignorant. Vote in someone intelligent for a leader.

I was curious as to when we would be reading about ballot proposals concerning recreational.

With so many townships opting out of the program, I am sure a proposal will be on ballot soon.

Collecting the 5% of voters signatures would take an organized group. Well maybe not as 5% of 2000 voters is only 100 signatures. Easy to get the signatures then.

1 hour ago, blackhorse said:

I was curious as to when we would be reading about ballot proposals concerning recreational.

With so many townships opting out of the program, I am sure a proposal will be on ballot soon.

Collecting the 5% of voters signatures would take an organized group. Well maybe not as 5% of 2000 voters is only 100 signatures. Easy to get the signatures then.

Not sure if anyone was paying attention back in December but the outgoing legislature and Snyder made voter initiatives very, very difficult.   https://www.mlive.com/news/2018/12/ballot-drives-will-get-harder-under-snyder-signed-bill.html

Compounding the problem is the fact that the majority of the local communities that have opted out have a valid short term reason, they are waiting for the BMR to write the rules governing the operation of recreational businesses.

10 hours ago, semicaregiver said:

Not sure if anyone was paying attention back in December but the outgoing legislature and Snyder made voter initiatives very, very difficult.   https://www.mlive.com/news/2018/12/ballot-drives-will-get-harder-under-snyder-signed-bill.html

Compounding the problem is the fact that the majority of the local communities that have opted out have a valid short term reason, they are waiting for the BMR to write the rules governing the operation of recreational businesses.

It kind of makes me sick to my stomach when someone provides excuses for people who hate others based on their choices. Choices that don't hurt anyone. Choices that should be given automatically. Choices that really are none of their business. I don't believe ANY local communities opted out because they are waiting for rules. None. Every single one has done it because it makes them better to not sell pot in their community. They think that their community will reward them for putting the boots to the pot heads. Maybe they are right? Show them at the ballot box. If they get voted back in then they will continue to do this type of hater thing in your community. 

On 4/11/2019 at 8:55 PM, semicaregiver said:

Believe this is talking about state wide proposals.

A lot of these communities will not change their minds after the rules are set. 

My township voted to opt out and have no intention of changing their minds.

Anti marijuana!