Jump to content

microbusiness questions...?


Super Yooper
 Share

Recommended Posts

I am looking to start a microbusiness. I have read much of the new law and FAQ's on the website, however, it seems like they dont include language about microbusiness process. Fee's, requirements etc.

 

I see where the A,B C licenses have $6000 application fee and business plans are needed etc.

 

can anyone point me in right direction? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The $6000 application fee you speak of is for a med license. The micro license will be a rec license. 

LARA will be charged with coming up with rules and regulations for the rec side of things and they haven’t done that yet. It will be a while before any solid info is known. 

One thing we do know is the state has a year to come up with applications for rec growers. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, shishka said:

The $6000 application fee you speak of is for a med license. The micro license will be a rec license. 

LARA will be charged with coming up with rules and regulations for the rec side of things and they haven’t done that yet. It will be a while before any solid info is known. 

One thing we do know is the state has a year to come up with applications for rec growers.  

Those. First, $ 6,000 is paid for filing an application, but as I understand it, no one guarantees that they will issue this license? If the license is not issued, then no one will return the money, right? What are the reasons for refusing a license? What are the requirements? Thanks in advance for the answer!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 6:49 AM, hidean said:

Those. First, $ 6,000 is paid for filing an application, but as I understand it, no one guarantees that they will issue this license? If the license is not issued, then no one will return the money, right? What are the reasons for refusing a license? What are the requirements? Thanks in advance for the answer!

In my area the folks that wanted any of these types of applications had to pay the local township authority $5000 first just to get a valid application. Then they fill that out and send it to the State to see if they qualify. The local authority told me they wanted to treat legalization the same as medical. It could be different in each local area because they get a say. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Restorium2 said:

In my area the folks that wanted any of these types of applications had to pay the local township authority $5000 first just to get a valid application. Then they fill that out and send it to the State to see if they qualify. The local authority told me they wanted to treat legalization the same as medical. It could be different in each local area because they get a say. 

The township decides on the fee cost, it can be up to $5000 per application. I know of one township that charges $2500.

Most likely the recreational will mirror the medical guidelines.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, blackhorse said:

The township decides on the fee cost, it can be up to $5000 per application. I know of one township that charges $2500.

Most likely the recreational will mirror the medical guidelines.

That's what Glenn Rowley, Bangor Township Supervisor said. He said it's on the December meeting agenda. They have been very fair with the medical dispensaries and they are thriving here because of it. Best deals and selection in the State. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, even though the backers of prop 1 made it out like a micro business was for the “little guy”, the “mom and pop” ect. cannabis is still a schedule 1 drug and will be treated as such by the state. 

If you couldn’t afford a class A med license or couldn’t clear the financial and criminal background checks chances are you will not be able to clear the hurdles for a micro license. 

One example, for a med grow you need a co2 alarm/mitigation system in place to protect the safety of employees. Same thing will be true for a micro grow licensee. This is just one of many expensive stipulations the state is putting in place not too mention seed to sale tracking, pesticide testing ect.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Restorium2 said:

That's what Glenn Rowley, Bangor Township Supervisor said. He said it's on the December meeting agenda. They have been very fair with the medical dispensaries and they are thriving here because of it. Best deals and selection in the State. 

Plainfield Twp. discussed the recreational marijuana issue at last meeting and will wait until new year to make decision. Majority of board is against anything to do with marijuana though. Supervisor seems to have an open mind concerning the issue, but not others. A lot of empty stores in area that could be a money maker for area. And most important a local supply for our veterans and people in need.

How is Frederick Twp. doing with their medical licenses? Understand they have open doors. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Restorium2 said:

What's better;

1. 12 plants to do with what you want for FREE. No inspections.

2. Paying to grow more than that BUT everything you grow is inspected and tracked seed to sale.

12 plants is not enough to do what I want. 

 

there is some misinformation in the replies above. each municipality chooses how much fee is. elegibility is determined by how many rec operations are allowed by each municipality. there is a incomplete list already on LARA with alot of municipalities reporting.

 

did you guys read the proposition itself or at least the briefs intended for politicians?  abridged version pretty much. it mentions state has 1 year like mentioned above, but I also read that prior convictions for marijuana only related offense cannot be considered towards decision.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What ever you plan to do think about how that is going to fit into the bigger picture. Go to a few dispensaries and see what your competition is. Go to Dispo in Bay City and see that the bar is pretty high for a grower thinking they are going to compete. There will be no monopolies going forward. The market is opening up and I'm hearing some mediocre growers crying and whining that their 'customers' are getting too good a deals at the dispensaries to compete. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Super Yooper said:

12 plants is not enough to do what I want. 

 

there is some misinformation in the replies above. each municipality chooses how much fee is. elegibility is determined by how many rec operations are allowed by each municipality. there is a incomplete list already on LARA with alot of municipalities reporting.

 

did you guys read the proposition itself or at least the briefs intended for politicians?  abridged version pretty much. it mentions state has 1 year like mentioned above, but I also read that prior convictions for marijuana only related offense cannot be considered towards decision.

I go right to the bossman of the township and ask him what's up. Not fooling around guessing. We have dispensaries all around here. Probably 20+ in the area. Great selection and pricing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Super Yooper said:

12 plants is not enough to do what I want. 

It's not just what you want to do. You will have partners in your business that get to help you decide. BUMMR will be your boss if you choose to be monitored seed to sale. Pay a bunch of money to grow more plants but have to carry around an overwatching partner as you try to compete with the dispensaries already operating. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

Pay a bunch of money to grow more plants but have to carry around an overwatching partner as you try to compete with the dispensaries already operating. 

I think it would be almost impossible for little guys (like me) to try to compete with the big money growers and dispensaries. I know that I will never be able to produce the quantity or the price point of those guys. Nor do I think that I could manage a large operation, with all of the associated issues like facility maintenance, HVAC, electrical safety, fire detection and suppression, managing employees and payroll, business and health insurance, quality testing, etc.

Instead, I would like to focus on providing quality genetics (both seeds and clones) for home growers. Rather than trying to maintain a large variety of genetics, I will instead focus on just a few select indica strains that I personally enjoy.

I would like to kick my breeding/selection program into high gear. Right now, plant limits prevent me from being where I'd really like to be. A micro business license (150 plants) would allow me to keep multiple fathers and mothers necessary for a good breeding program, while still producing clones for sale.

I'm cool with maintaining seed-to-sale tracking, paying all required taxes and fees, and opening my property to LARA inspectors.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They will be needing clones no doubt. 

But inspections? Not at my house. Just not worth it. I can't live with them in my house ever. Not even in my outhouse if I had one! Many businesses are not worth what you would have to go through. Most businesses fail because of not enough thinking about the unpleasant parts.

I can help PLENTY of people without a license and keep my privacy intact. If you are just in it to help people then the way is clear and not full of inspectors and cameras watching you. If you want to 'finally make a bunch of money' then good luck with that trouble, you can have it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

to my understanding and the reason for beginning this thread, is microbusiness will not require all the nasty business stuff.

 

Unfortunately I am unable to be a caregiver because of prior felony conviction for growing. I read in the proposition it would be required that a marijuana rlated offense could not be reason for denial. did this portion pass?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Super Yooper said:

to my understanding and the reason for beginning this thread, is microbusiness will not require all the nasty business stuff.

 

Unfortunately I am unable to be a caregiver because of prior felony conviction for growing. I read in the proposition it would be required that a marijuana rlated offense could not be reason for denial. did this portion pass?

The same 'stuff' as the 1500 plant grows, just smaller numbers. 

It says in the LARA FAQs that the board will look at if you complied with the rules in the past.

They say if they think you are a rule breaker they will deny your application. Proof of cheating growing rules in the past would probably make you ineligible. But you could pay a bunch of money up front and give it a try. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We should all get automatically expunged for minor marijuana offenses.

What's the process?

I was caught smoking a joint in a park back in 1982 and that's still on my record.

What a messed up system when something like that stays on your record for over 30 years and LARA digs it up when you just want to be a caregiver for your family. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Super Yooper said:

to my understanding and the reason for beginning this thread, is microbusiness will not require all the nasty business stuff.

 

Unfortunately I am unable to be a caregiver because of prior felony conviction for growing. I read in the proposition it would be required that a marijuana rlated offense could not be reason for denial. did this portion pass?

Can you get the felony set aside? I got my felony set aside a few years ago and was then able to be a caregiver. Prior to that I had to hide behind my wife being the caregiver. 

It was a pretty easy process and in all, I didn’t pay an attorney to help me with just followed the steps mandated by the state. Everyone at the courthouse even the judge were super helpful and supportive. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My felony is from Wisconsin. I'll attempt to provide exact quote and link, but in the proposition itself, I found an abridged version with all the bullet points meant for the politicians. Most of it I see is the new law, but it clearly said sternly that marijuana only convictions cannot be reason for denial.

 

It also said any crimes in last 5 years can be considered etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

found it... here is a link   https://www.house.mi.gov/hfa/PDF/TestPDF/Ballot_Proposal_2018-1_Marijuana_Initiative.pdf

 

scroll down to page 4 and youll find

 

 Qualifications for licensure. (A prior conviction solely for a marijuana-related offense could not be considered in determining eligibility for licensure, and would not affect an individual’s eligibility for a license, unless the offense involved distributing a controlled substance to a minor.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/17/2018 at 6:13 PM, Super Yooper said:

found it... here is a link   https://www.house.mi.gov/hfa/PDF/TestPDF/Ballot_Proposal_2018-1_Marijuana_Initiative.pdf

 

scroll down to page 4 and youll find

 

 Qualifications for licensure. (A prior conviction solely for a marijuana-related offense could not be considered in determining eligibility for licensure, and would not affect an individual’s eligibility for a license, unless the offense involved distributing a controlled substance to a minor.)

abybody confirm this is true?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share



×
×
  • Create New...