Recreational growing & houseplants

Help me out here. 

Per the 2008 act, a medicinal grow has to be in an "enclosed, locked facility".

But Prop 1 (recreational) says nothing about the 12-plant home grower regarding such a restriction. Indeed the only mention of locks is in conjunction with a) outside grows and b) if you store more than 2.5 ounces. 

So am I cool with "cannabis houseplants" out wherever I want them?

16 minutes ago, Restorium2 said:

The more we know about cannabis the quicker we move to free it, make it legal.

Which tells us that we were always falsely repressed by ignorance and hate. 

So there's no need for any more of the happy horseshit that went on with hiding. 

Unless your employment does not allow it.  Then you still need to hide it unless you want to find new job.

If I were a recreational grower no way would I put my business out for all to see all that does is attract thieves as for the cops who knows what the butt hurt anti cannabis warriors are going to do which we know exist in law enforcement  we can only hope they adapt quickly and dont fill up the court with a bunch of test cases and concentrate on the real crime .

Law enforcement, specifically the regional narcotics task forces, still own all of those helicopters. I've had one fly over my property. They will still want to see who is doing what in their neighborhood. But f*ck em. Garden outdoors naked, Michigan, and flip them the bird when they hover overhead.

The best thing we ALL can do for ALL of us is to use your head. 

Use common sense.

Point out other things that are legal but regulated and demand equal treatment.

The biggest thing that I have been seeing as a problem is people conditioned to the hiding game and still want to play it now that the rules have changed.

You can remain a victim if you do not quit being one.

There's no real reason to hide a marijuana plant anymore.

It's not made of gold so thieves are not wanting it.

It's not hurting anyone, no one has to be 'protected' from it.

A cigarette but on your porch has more chance of hurting a kid. 

An unlocked bottle of whiskey has more chance of hurting a kid. 

Will industrial hemp have to be grown in an "enclosed locked area" too, hidden from public view, or are there no similar restrictions under the new law? (I'm thinking huge open fields similar to cornfields).  From what I have read, industrial hemp can produce a variety of terpenes, resins, flowers, and looks and smells identical to it's high THC cousin. George Washington said "plant hemp everywhere". I'm all for that. Anyone know where hemp seeds for strains suitable for Michigan climate are available? 

1 hour ago, impatient said:

Will industrial hemp have to be grown in an "enclosed locked area" too, hidden from public view, or are there no similar restrictions under the new law? (I'm thinking huge open fields similar to cornfields).  From what I have read, industrial hemp can produce a variety of terpenes, resins, flowers, and looks and smells identical to it's high THC cousin. George Washington said "plant hemp everywhere". I'm all for that. Anyone know where hemp seeds for strains suitable for Michigan climate are available? 

Nope. None of that. It's good for fiber, not cannabinoids. 

"There's no real reason to hide a marijuana plant anymore.

It's not made of gold so thieves are not wanting it."

You really dont believe this do you ?

Cannabis  plants are still worth their weight in gold  maybe once the state gets overgrown that will change but for the meantime  no way no how should anyone be advertising their crop to anyone .

On 12/20/2018 at 10:50 AM, Restorium2 said:

Nope. None of that. It's good for fiber, not cannabinoids. 

this is simply false.  It's good for everything except THC which must be below 0.3%.  You can still have a high CBD strain producing what essential looks like a plant that would get you high.  There is no difference visually between these two.  Atonic anyone? 

7 hours ago, garyfisher said:

this is simply false.  It's good for everything except THC which must be below 0.3%.  You can still have a high CBD strain producing what essential looks like a plant that would get you high.  There is no difference visually between these two.  Atonic anyone? 

Technically right. When I picture a hemp industry marijuana plant it doesn't look like a medical or recreational marijuana plant. It's grown out in a huge field of it and it doesn't resemble what we carefully grow.

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 4:07 PM, Kingdiamond said:

"There's no real reason to hide a marijuana plant anymore.

It's not made of gold so thieves are not wanting it."

You really dont believe this do you ?

Cannabis  plants are still worth their weight in gold  maybe once the state gets overgrown that will change but for the meantime  no way no how should anyone be advertising their crop to anyone .

This conversation started with 'having' to hide them because of our legislation making a law to hide them.

If you make reasons for that then, of course, they will make a rule to hide them.

I would rather make reasons why they can leave us to our own personal rules. Like with other things that are legal and regulated. The proper comparison, just like with hemp, might do us a little good. 

If you think an idea through, like thinking about why we should have a rule to hide our plants, or that hemp is just like any other marijuana, then we end up with rules to protect us from ourselves. 

So I make sure that the opinion is out there that we don't need a rule to hide our plants OR a rule to treat industrial hemp like it's the same as medical or recreational marijuana. Because you can bet folks like Jones or Richardson would love to slap some more restrictive rules all over us. 

9 hours ago, garyfisher said:

Edited by Restorium2

In the mid seventies my friend had an uncle with a farm in southern Indiana. Growing wild on his farm was hemp that had been planted for war production in WW2.

We would produce oil from this industrial hemp and sell it for $10 a gram if I remember correctly.

It always sold out and we never had a complaint about quality. So I would have to say there is some kind of psychoactive substance involved. It would probably be called high CBD oil today.