How Much Weight Can I Grow?

gage2008

Is the weight grown by your recreation plants the same as purchased?

I ask because

a) one has no clue how much cannabis is on the plant while its growing. would hate to see all these nice folks, accidentally growing over there limit.

b) What about wet flowers? ~75% of the flower is water content when harvested. That means you would need ~490grams or 17.5oz (wet) to get hit your 10oz mark. All while being technically over your limit.

I read an article where a lady was busted over here limit because they weighed her buds in the middle of harvest so she was over her 2.5oz limit.

I sincerely think they need to rewrite the laws for growing weight. Its easy to guarantee 10oz of dried purchase (gifted) cannabis. but try guaranteeing 10oz or less on a outdoor grow or even a 1000w light.

I got 10oz from a 2' W x 4' L x 3' High plywood box I built a few years back on a 12bulb t5 mix. I don't know anyone growing in those tight of spaces. Everyone is grabbing 3x3, 4x4 + size tents and 600w-1000w  lights. How well do think they are going to do staying within the legal limits?

Would be safer for us Michiganders to be free to grow however much we want for weight, limit purchase weight (I don't know why that matters either after 10oz's. After 10oz might as well ok a couple pounds. 10oz isn't a tiny amount in retrospect) and give us the freedom to build are familys a future in our homes and on our properties. Or just grow some good dank. Without worrying about being over our limit and going to jail.

Any weight limits are for dried product. Weight does not apply while on the living plant or while in the process of drying/curing.

Honestly, the 12 plant personal limit is a much better thing than a weight limit or a light wattage limit. There is nothing preventing you from creating something like this:

giant_tree.jpg

Edited by mishigami bear
original photo didn't upload properly

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2019 at 1:56 AM, mishigami bear said:

Here is some more inspiration. Imagine having this in your backyard. Just keep it to 12.

Jorges_Yard.jpg

On 1/3/2019 at 1:39 AM, mishigami bear said:

Any weight limits are for dried product. Weight does not apply while on the living plant or while in the process of drying/curing.

Honestly, the 12 plant personal limit is a much better thing than a weight limit or a light wattage limit. There is nothing preventing you from creating something like this:

giant_tree.jpg

So I can have 100 lbs of fresh frozen?

Lastly the writen law says 10oz on your residence. If that was the case just 1 of those plants will throw you well over your limit. 

This is what I fear. Everyone new to this will be growing 12 outside and everyone will be over their limit and be at risk issues with the law.  Realistically their going to have to get rid of our weight limit and allow us to sell our overages to rec facilities, processors or to whoever.  

This is after all a money game for the politicians for tax revenue.  More product = more tax revenue.  

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 1/13/2019 at 1:02 AM, gage2008 said:

So I can have 100 lbs of fresh frozen?

Lastly the writen law says 10oz on your residence. If that was the case just 1 of those plants will throw you well over your limit. 

This is what I fear. Everyone new to this will be growing 12 outside and everyone will be over their limit and be at risk issues with the law.  Realistically their going to have to get rid of our weight limit and allow us to sell our overages to rec facilities, processors or to whoever.  

This is after all a money game for the politicians for tax revenue.  More product = more tax revenue.  

You are allowed what is grown off your plants, this is from Lara: B)within the person's residence, possessing, storing, and processing not more than 10 ounces of marihuana AND ANY marihuana produced by marihuana plants cultivated on the premises and cultivating not more than 12 marihuana plants for personal use, provided that no more than 12 marihuana plants are possessed, cultivated, or processed on the premises at once;

You won't be able to sell it in any capacity, but you can have it, must be locked up though. That is in another part of the law

Edited by glued gorilla
added more info