Dispensary Discussion

My go to place - Plan B - recently closed. They were one of two dispensaries robbed around Jan 1 via a truck ramming through the wall. Some rumors that the closing was due to that, but but I called and a guy said they are waiting for a renewal from the state.

Used to be lots of places on West 8 Mile but now it is very sparse. Far West anyone?

Oh wow. Went to Far West. They only carry certified by the state products (among other things everything is Iron Mountain Labs tested) and also have a VERY limited selection. We're talking FOUR strains of flower, 2 at $35 and 2 at $50 an eighth. They have only ONE oil brand Mary's Medicinal at $45 1/2 gram. Big place and not much to choose from. 

We will see what happens as things get ramped up for recreational, but availability of medicinal along the Green Mile certainly is not what it was even a few weeks ago.

By the way, I am willing to pay a little more for quality tested meds. Not just THC/CBD, but mold and bacteria. Check out this recent news article!

Marijuana products sold in Detroit and Kalamazoo recalled for mold

Michigan regulators are recalling marijuana products sold at dispensaries in Detroit and Kalamazoo after failing lab tests for mold and bacteria.

The products were sold at The Green Mile on Eight Mile Road in Detroit and Compassionate Care by Design in Kalamazoo.

The Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA), issued two safety and health advisories for the items sold between Dec. 18 and Jan. 3 at The Green Mile in Detroit and Dec. 12-29 at Compassionate Care by Design in Kalamazoo. 

Products recalled at the Detroit dispensary include Gelato, Superman OG, Mimosa, and Girl Scout Cookies. The Gelato and Girl Scout Cookies items failed the lab testing for yeast and mold, while Superman failed for chemical residue. Bile-tolerant gram-negative bacteria and coliforms were the cause for the Mimosa strain. 

Items recalled at the Kalamazoo dispensary include Critical Cali, GMO, Silver Haze, Girl Scout Cookies, Critical Kush, Blueberry, Skunk #1, Chunk D, Amnesia Lemon Kush, Purple Punch, and Special Kush. 

LARA urges patients or caregivers who have these items to return them to The Green Mile or Compassionate Care by Design for proper disposal. The store must inform those who purchased the items about the recall. 

https://www.freep.com/story/news/marijuana/2019/01/11/michigan-marijuana-recall-detroit-kalamazoo/2546822002/

I have witnessed Lake affect in portage take meds that had mold.  They had the weed tested at The Spott which reported the bud percentages as well as negative for mold.  I know for a fact the product had mold on it because I would not take it from this grower and went with him to lake affect to off it.  

3 hours ago, garyfisher said:

so dont believe everything you read.  If I were buying from a dispensary I would bring my own loupe to inspect the bud.  I dont care what a piece of paper says.

Keeping in mind that you aren't going to be able to detect bacteria or pesticides with a loupe.

https://www.michigan.gov/lara/0,4601,7-154-11472-487245--,00.html

That press release for the recall seems like it could be when the change over happened from untested to tested. 

From the old suppliers to the new. From the unconnected to the connected. They kicked all the old stuff to the curb. 

It smells fishy. Might have been purposely contaminated for a good story or they just lied, fake news.

9 hours ago, garyfisher said:

are places testing for pesticides?  I haven't seen much of that on any data sheets.  Maybe with new mmfmla weed but I cant say.

Check out https://www.ironlaboratories.com/current-results

Besides the usual THC, CBD, etc, they analyze pesticides, yeast & mold, pests, e. coli, and salmonella, although not all samples are tested for everything. 

Look at the two samples from BREEDSVILLE PROVISIONING CENTER  especially their Gelato which had yeast & mold hyphae, spider mites and also failed for pesticides!! https://www.ironlaboratories.com/client/1002175

Makes me wonder if anything grown outdoors would pass. Also makes me wonder how much power Iron Labs is enjoying in this position. Power equals bad moves for money. They could easily create monopolies for their friends. 

I would have to get something I grew tested to be sure of the fairness. The caregivers I talked with don't trust the lab to treat them and their samples fairly. The rules say if your sample comes up bad then the whole lot needs to be destroyed. You don't get a choice to take it back and use it yourself. It's just gone. 

https://www.mlive.com/news/2019/01/medical-marijuana-contaminated-with-mold-chemicals-recalled-from-2-michigan-shops.html

LOLOL

Support your local faqing caregiver.  Faq these stores.

State officials are issuing a mandatory recall of medical marijuana sold at provisioning centers in Detroit, Kalamazoo and Lansing after tests revealed the product did not meet state standards.

This is the second and third recall of medical marijuana in a week issued by the Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs' Bureau of Marijuana Regulation.

Friday morning officials recalled four strains of marijuana flower sold at The Green Mile Detroit at 6650 E. Eight Mile Road in Detroit, and 11 strains of marijuana sold at Compassionate Care by Design at 401 N. Sage St. in Kalamazoo.

Friday afternoon officials recalled four strains of marijuana flower sold at HG Lansing at 1116 E. Oakland Ave. in Lansing.

All three licensed provisioning centers had obtained the marijuana from caregivers, and sold it to customers before it was tested by a lab, said David Harns, spokesman for the bureau.

Lab testing revealed marijuana sold at The Green Mile was contaminated with yeast, mold and chemical residue, and marijuana sold at Compassionate Care by Design was contaminated with chemical residue. Marijuana sold at HG Lansing was contaminated with E. coli, Salmonella and chemical residue.

Due to a shortage of medical marijuana at newly state-licensed provisioning centers, officials announced in early December that they would continue to allow the shops to keep stocking their shelves with marijuana grown by caregivers without fear of retribution. Provisioning centers were allowed to sell untested medical marijuana from caregivers until Dec. 31, 2018, as long as patients signed a disclosure form, Harns said.

As of Jan. 1, provisioning centers are required to test any caregiver product that they are selling.