Notice that the 3% excise tax will stop in March 2019.

In same bulletin they talked about a new 10% excise tax.

So is the state removing the 3% excise tax and then adding a new 10% excise tax?

Read the bulletin a couple times and I am confused.

The 3% excise tax on medical cannabis goes away 90 days after recreational cannabis became legal.

The 10% excise tax is only on recreational cannabis(MRTMA). 

Edited by Restorium2

I pay 6% sales tax at my dispensary. What is the deal about a 3% excise for medical m?

Edited by zeebudz

12 minutes ago, zeebudz said:

I pay 6% sales tax at my dispensary. What is the deal about a 3% excise for medical m?

The dispensaries pay it to the State. (Supposed to.)

Dispo in Bay City gives a rebate/incentive/points that cover all the tax. 

15 minutes ago, zeebudz said:

The 3% excise goes away in March. This tax was used to pay townships who opted in and to counties. And a couple other places the money went.

Resto says the 10% is only for recreational.

3 minutes ago, blackhorse said:

The 3% excise goes away in March. This tax was used to pay townships who opted in and to counties. And a couple other places the money went.

Resto says the 10% is only for recreational.

The trick to reading the bulletin is when it says MRTMA it means recreational.

Our township made the applicants for dispensaries and grows pay $5000 per application. 

We raked. Not sure where the money went. 

My old township was going to charge the $5000 application fee also. It seems to be the normal.

I moved north and then township opted out of the program for lack of support from the board members.

We were waiting for planning commission to set up guidelines, which they were stalling on since majority of members were against the program

They may address the issue at a later date though.

The $5000 fee was to be used for attorney fee's, planning commission fee's, zoning admin. fee's, and anything else that was needed. The money doesn't need to be put in a special fund.

44 minutes ago, blackhorse said:

My old township was going to charge the $5000 application fee also. It seems to be the normal.

I moved north and then township opted out of the program for lack of support from the board members.

We were waiting for planning commission to set up guidelines, which they were stalling on since majority of members were against the program

They may address the issue at a later date though.

The $5000 fee was to be used for attorney fee's, planning commission fee's, zoning admin. fee's, and anything else that was needed. The money doesn't need to be put in a special fund.

Yup, they missed the boat. Now they hang their hat on being better because they don't have dispensaries. When, in reality, they are perpetuating the wrongs done to us for decades. They are racking up some more bad karma. 

8 hours ago, Restorium2 said:

Yup, they missed the boat. Now they hang their hat on being better because they don't have dispensaries. When, in reality, they are perpetuating the wrongs done to us for decades. They are racking up some more bad karma. 

Yes, so true.

Plainfield Twp. is set to vote on Recreational this month. Third Wednesday at 6:30 P.M.

From what I've observed at the meetings, they will vote to opt out.

Anyone who would like a grow or dispensary in Plainfield Twp. should attend the meeting and voice your concern.