MM specifics

I  have a severe spinal injury that results in severe muscle spasms. I have a MM card. I have tried RSO (Rick Simpson Oil)  and that seems to vary a lot from one dispensary to another. If you folks don't mind sharing, what specific MM do you use and for what symptoms (I would prefer not having to inhale smoke, but vaping or edibles might be fine)

Mel

Vaping provides more immediate relief and it's easier to control how it effects you. Edibles generally provide a stronger effect and last longer. The drawback to edibles is the long onset time and the fact that there are so many variables (empty/full stomach,etc.)

I would recommend vaping for initial relief and then eat an edible just before a meal, This seems to work the best for me.  Start out with a low dose of the edible until you know how they will effect you. Every batch of edibles can be different from the next in potency.

Once you know how they effect you it becomes easier. Just a slight learning curve. Experiment with different strains too. I try to keep a minimum of four strains with different effects depending on what I need at the time sleep, pain relief or being able to function properly during the day.

Hard candies are ,a good first choice because you can start with one and ad more as needed to achieve your desired goal. You probably won't be able to replace whatever pharmaceuticals you currently use but should be able to cut back quite a bit.

I'd be happy cutting back a little.

With RSO: some batches are extremely liquidy. They seem to be useless for me. No impact whatsoever.

Other batches are thicker, gel-like. They work well. I rub a grain of rice size on my gums. It does take about 2 hours to take effect, but then lasts 4 or 5 more hours.

My problem is this RSO variance. I suspect the liquidy stuff is more CBD oil and the gel-like stuff is more THC. Does that sound right to those in the know?

Mel

14 hours ago, compiler said:

I'd be happy cutting back a little.

With RSO: some batches are extremely liquidy. They seem to be useless for me. No impact whatsoever.

Other batches are thicker, gel-like. They work well. I rub a grain of rice size on my gums. It does take about 2 hours to take effect, but then lasts 4 or 5 more hours.

My problem is this RSO variance. I suspect the liquidy stuff is more CBD oil and the gel-like stuff is more THC. Does that sound right to those in the know?

Mel

My cannabis oil is all the same for ingestion. Get it at Dispo in Bay City and it will be the same every time. It's all tested. 

You should get some gel caps and put the dosage in that. Be careful to make the dosage exactly the same in each one. 

Sounds to me like you need a consistent, reliable source, then dial in your dose. 

1 hour ago, compiler said:

Funny you should mention that. The "good" RSO, I did get from Dispo in Bay City.

I've gotten RSO from Roots and Elite Wellness, and those have varied (Dispo was out of RSO at the time).

I think they have restocked. Have you found that their RSO is pretty consistent?

Mel

I know the process Dispo goes through to acquire their cannabis oil. First off it gets tested. So it would be consistent, you know what you are buying. I haven't purchased any cannabis oil anywhere. Just looking and asking so I know what's out there for patients. 

• 3 months later...

Tincture could be a good route. They are available in different THC:CBD ratios and can be made with glycerin,ethinol, or mct oil. They take less time than edibles and are easier to control dose and duration of high.  I like the balanced effect of a 1:1mct oil ticture, and I use it in my morning coffee