Hello ! Need Guidance -New to Med marijuana

Hi!  I came here in search of a forum to meet others that are on the same medical marijuana "journey". I will be getting my card next week & I have NO idea what to expect  from the Dr, the dispensary the future...

I am a chronic pain patient tired of being treated as an addict by pain mngt Dr's. I was on Fentanyl 50mcg patches, changed every other day for 9 years with success. When the "opiod"crisis started I lost access to my meds when the Dr thought his liability outweighed my benefit. 

The last 2 years I have been on Narco 7 3x day, Have had 2 spinal ablation and 8 injections in my neck and back. 

I got tired of monthly urine tests and paying thousands of dollars for minimal relief.

Being raised in the Anti-marijuana era & only having a few experiences with illegal marijuana at friends houses or parties that didn't go well. (The Spins, passing out) I am afraid of what I am getting into.

My biggest fear is that I will hate it. There is no refund on this, I am not wealthy. 

If anyone else has felt the same way I would love to hear how you are doing on the medication. 

Thanks,C

Cannabis has helped me. I have issues with my spine and had the same Fentanyl, Norco, Dilauded route. The cannabis is much easier on your system and you don't have to worry about addiction.

If you got the spins while using it in the past I would guess that you used it in conjunction with alcohol. By itself it would take a large dose to do that.

Start out with a low dose. Smoking or vaping is the easiest to control. Take a couple hits and wait for it to take effect then go from there.

Be careful using edibles that's where most newbies get into trouble. It sometimes takes a couple of hours to hit so if you don't feel anything then wait a little longer. There's a lot of information available so do some reading and learn as much as you can.

Thanks Wild Bill,  I will be using vape and edibles. I was thinking maybe the reason I got The Spins was the herb was a gift to my husband from a friend and I sucked very hard on the pipe then held it in til I turned blue (the way I was taught in 1984) but I did not drink alcohol, I layed down and the whole room started moving, I hated i it. Never touched any since. I smoked cigarettes for 13 years without problems. 

I am thinking of starting with a low sativa hybrid possibly high in cbc.

Do dispensaries sell vaporizer cheaper than smoke shops?

Sorry for all the questions.... I appreciate your input.

---C

12 hours ago, Steveyaknow said:

Not sure if someone knows but can sure use a point in the right direction I've recently needed to get rid of overages per say I deliver discreet 100% legal just need to share my very impressive medical cannabis.

If you are a registered caregiver you can ask some dispensaries if they want to buy it. Otherwise, give it away. People love that. You will make friends and influence people! Maybe get a pie or some cookies in return. Thanks for sharing.

After comparing the dispensaries online menu to the strain info on Leafly.com I am thinking of getting "Blue Dream" "Lemon Skunk" and "chocolope" (the dizzy level worries me) 

A strain called "Phantom cookie" intrigued me but was not on the menu.

I am looking for a strain that will NOT make me hungry, dizzy 

1 hour ago, crump1970 said:

After comparing the dispensaries online menu to the strain info on Leafly.com I am thinking of getting "Blue Dream" "Lemon Skunk" and "chocolope" (the dizzy level worries me) 

A strain called "Phantom cookie" intrigued me but was not on the menu.

I am looking for a strain that will NOT make me hungry, dizzy 

Online menu's are kind of a shot in the dark. Better than nothing. But if you could talk with someone who actually bought something, that is priceless.

So here it is from a very recent experience; Go to Dispo in Bay City and get Blackberry OG. Try that and go from there. It's a decent value and it's not going to knock your head off.