Any cartridge recommendations?

Anyone have any favorite prefilled cartridges? (My syringe filling days are over!)

My old fav, Midknight Express, clogs too much once they moved to 1 gm carts. Owner said this can happen because it is pure cannabis oil without any additives and to warm them up when this happens, but it's still a problem. Also there are recent accusations on Weedmaps regarding pesticides (one person even claims that MKX photoshopped lab results) but I don't know if I can trust those reviews since googling turns up no tests at all. But mentioning it anyway.

Had a bad experience with Olympian carts failing. 

Platinum vapes - didn't like the taste. Same for FlavRx.

The Clear was crap.

Have tried a number of others as well.

I don't want anything that is cut with PG, or has flavorings added (even "natural terpenes" that some claim).

Suggestions? 

With that glycerin added to make it work there may be COPD in your future. 

If those pens could burn just cannabis oil then they would be healthy. But someone made a failed invention work by making it unhealthy. People trade their health for convenience. Eclipse makes a handheld vape that burns pure cannabis oil but it's not cool enough I guess. 

3 hours ago, zeebudz said:

Source for that assertion?

Lab tests from PSI Labs done through independent testing of products purchased off the shelves of Michigan provisioning centers.

Most of the bigger companies pushing carts in shops are buying dirty distillate in bulk from Cali and branding it to look like it’s from Michigan. 

Platinum Vape Michigan, Official Big Gas, MKX, Savage Sticks, Wacky Willy, Pure Michigan Oil ect.

All have failed test results for pesticides. Most with extremely high levels of Myclobutanil which turns to cyanide when heated to temps over 410 degrees.

3 hours ago, Restorium2 said:

The best temp to vape oil is around 400 F. If one of those pens hits 500 F (near the heat source) with glycerin added you end up with formaldehyde as a by product, which is a known carcinogen. 

Myclobutanil turns to hydrogen CYANIDE at 410 degrees!!!

As far as the convienence factor goes, as the saying goes, the juice is not worth the squeeze. 

Edited by shishka

1 hour ago, shishka said:

Lab tests from PSI Labs done through independent testing of products purchased off the shelves of Michigan provisioning centers.

Most of the bigger companies pushing carts in shops are buying dirty distillate in bulk from Cali and branding it to look like it’s from Michigan. 

Platinum Vape Michigan, Official Big Gas, MKX, Savage Sticks, Wacky Willy, Pure Michigan Oil ect.

All have failed test results for pesticides. Most with extremely high levels of Myclobutanil which turns to cyanide when heated to temps over 410 degrees.

Thanks. I checked out the Psi Labs website and scrolled through a whole bunch of concentrate pages. Not only could I not find anything from Midknight, but also everything that I saw said "No Mold, Mildew, or Fungus".

Can you provide a link to an actual Midknight analysis that shows pesticides?

Edited by zeebudz

4 hours ago, Restorium2 said:

The best temp to vape oil is around 400 F. If one of those pens hits 500 F (near the heat source) with glycerin added you end up with formaldehyde as a by product, which is a known carcinogen. 

I haven't seen any of the current iteration of CO2 extracted cartridges containing glycerin or PG.

OTOH,  combusting flower can create ammonia byproduct up to 20x than that found in tobacco and Hydrogen cyanide (and other nasty stuff) 3-5x that found in tobacco smoke. Source: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18062674

1 hour ago, zeebudz said:

I haven't seen any of the current iteration of CO2 extracted cartridges containing glycerin or PG.

OTOH,  combusting flower can create ammonia byproduct up to 20x than that found in tobacco and Hydrogen cyanide (and other nasty stuff) 3-5x that found in tobacco smoke. Source: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18062674

That link isn't much. Just a premise. Where's the beef? 

2 hours ago, Restorium2 said:

That link isn't much. Just a premise. Where's the beef? 

"Premise"? What do you mean? That was an abstract of an analytical study as published in Chemical Research in Toxicology. Go to sci-hub.tw if you want the whole paper. Lots of nasty products from combusting cannabis.  

4 hours ago, zeebudz said:

Thanks. I checked out the Psi Labs website and scrolled through a whole bunch of concentrate pages. Not only could I not find anything from Midknight, but also everything that I saw said "No Mold, Mildew, or Fungus".

Can you provide a link to an actual Midknight analysis that shows pesticides?

Go to Instagram and check out @got_clean_meds account. 

Thanks, I just saw that. However, this does NOT show up on the PSI Labs website. Nor do other results that "got_clean_meds" shows such as Savage Sticks or Waky Willy or Fwaygo from 2/28/19 or a failed Platinum Vape or Pure Gold.  

I didn't look at everything that PSI Labs posted but find it "curious" after looking at a lot of cart analyses there that NONE showed pesticides! I am NOT claiming that this isn't a problem but there is a major disconnect here.

Who the hell is got_clean_meds and where are they getting this info??

As an addendum: I don't see any PSI Labs results from 2019. Could be that these are privately submitted and not made public (and if so why not)?

In any event, I am super glad I raised the original question as it has opened my eyes to what is apparently a major problem with distillates. I frequently check out the various laboratory results and rarely see anything problematic. Concerned that there is just too much missing info. 

No more cannabis purchases for me until I can get this figured out. 

Edited by zeebudz

Good thinking. Quit ingesting stuff added to cannabis. The pretty smelling purple puff is just not worth it. Keep it as close to 100% cannabis as you can. That makes pens out of the question. I have been trying to invent a combustion device using induction heating but it's just not quite right yet. I'm back to a torch on a vial for the best bet. No way I'm going to cheat and call my invention a success by adding something to make it work. The pen folks should be shown for what they are, a failure. 

I have had good success vaping oil to help with asthma.  I make my own oil.  I previously used a metal pipe with a glass vial that threaded on, then heated the oil in the vial using a jet flame lighter.  Now, I use vape pens.  I fill my own cartridges.  I avoid thinning the oil with additives.  I use borosilicate glass cartridges with metal tips so when the oil is somewhat cold and doesn't flow, I just hit the cartridge with a jet flame lighter for a couple of seconds, and it works very well.

3 hours ago, Highlander said:

I have had good success vaping oil to help with asthma.  I make my own oil.  I previously used a metal pipe with a glass vial that threaded on, then heated the oil in the vial using a jet flame lighter.  Now, I use vape pens.  I fill my own cartridges.  I avoid thinning the oil with additives.  I use borosilicate glass cartridges with metal tips so when the oil is somewhat cold and doesn't flow, I just hit the cartridge with a jet flame lighter for a couple of seconds, and it works very well.

You have a pen that can burn plain cannabis oil? 

4 minutes ago, Restorium2 said:

You have a pen that can burn plain cannabis oil? 

Yes.  I and my patients have used a few different types of pens - the variable (higher) voltage ones being the best.  

The trick is to get the right cartridges.  The ones with at least four holes at 1.5mm in diameter work pretty well.

It took quite a bit of trial and error to figure this out.  I started with the Omicron pens close to 10 years ago.  They worked OK but were prone to leaks and clogs.  The newer wickless technology works much better.  

19 minutes ago, Highlander said:

Yes.  I and my patients have used a few different types of pens - the variable (higher) voltage ones being the best.  

The trick is to get the right cartridges.  The ones with at least four holes at 1.5mm in diameter work pretty well.

It took quite a bit of trial and error to figure this out.  I started with the Omicron pens close to 10 years ago.  They worked OK but were prone to leaks and clogs.  The newer wickless technology works much better.  

What's your best pen?

I made an induction coil heater that heats a vial full of cannabis oil with a small piece of titanium in there for the inductee. Made an attachment for an Eclipse venture and it works OK but not great. Someone could up the amps and make it more portable. Take the pen world by storm. My prototype cost about $20 in parts. 

11 minutes ago, Restorium2 said:

What's your best pen?

I made an induction coil heater that heats a vial full of cannabis oil with a small piece of titanium in there for the inductee. Made an attachment for an Eclipse venture and it works OK but not great. Someone could up the amps and make it more portable. Take the pen world by storm. My prototype cost about $20 in parts. 

I like the Ooze pens with adjustable voltage (mostly due to battery life).  You can get pens with voltage adjusted by hitting the button some number of times or other pens with a manual dial to adjust the voltage.  I'm a low-tech kinda person, so I prefer the manual adjustment.

But the cartridge is more important than the pen/battery.

The pens/cartridges we can buy are mostly born in the tobacco industry.  If someone can find a way to make a pen/cartridge combo that's easily refillable with pure cannabis oil, he or she would probably cash-in.

So I contacted PSI Labs to ask why those Instagram results (@got_clean_meds seems to be largely relying on @herbandlegend) weren't showing up and they told me that their website is being updated so no 2019 results yet. Also that clients don't have to post their results (although herbandlegend seems to be independently sending samples out.) I am going to assume for now that those Instagram accounts are posting legit results.

THANKS SHISHKA - I OWE YOU ONE!

10 hours ago, zeebudz said:

So I contacted PSI Labs to ask why those Instagram results (@got_clean_meds seems to be largely relying on @herbandlegend) weren't showing up and they told me that their website is being updated so no 2019 results yet. Also that clients don't have to post their results (although herbandlegend seems to be independently sending samples out.) I am going to assume for now that those Instagram accounts are posting legit results.

THANKS SHISHKA - I OWE YOU ONE!

Where have you been buying these that they don't have the testing results right with your purchase?

The rules say it has to be tested with the results included. 

Not sure how they even made it to the market with bad testing results.