Any cartridge recommendations?

19 minutes ago, Highlander said:

Another question.  When you fill that "wide mouth" one, how does the center chamber thing make electrical contact with the base?  Wouldn't the oil be in the way?

I bought that one second and have not tried it yet. Just ordered it yesterday. I'll let you know next week. 

I'm guessing that the mouth piece comes off the top and you fill it just like the other one. 

On 3/15/2019 at 2:05 PM, Highlander said:

Another question.  When you fill that "wide mouth" one, how does the center chamber thing make electrical contact with the base?  Wouldn't the oil be in the way?

Finally got a chance to try that one out. You fill it up to the line and then insert the threaded post right through the oil and thread it together. Works great. 

• 9 months later...
On 3/5/2019 at 8:38 AM, zeebudz said:

Unfortunately it seems that these are few and far between. Mary's Medicinals, Mitten Meds, Claw, seem to be reliable. There is also now a concern of counterfeits and companies are starting to serial number/hologram their products (which are ALSO starting to be counterfeited). 

Depressing situation. This is really bad news and not just for the immunocompromised.

Yeah, Mary's Medicinals seems legit, if I was going to vape I would go for MM but for the moment I think I'm going to opt for the tincture.

• 3 months later...
On 3/3/2019 at 9:30 AM, Restorium2 said:

The best temp to vape oil is around 400 F. If one of those pens hits 500 F (near the heat source) with glycerin added you end up with formaldehyde as a by product, which is a known carcinogen. 

https://blog.mtbakervapor.com/the-truth-behind-the-formaldehyde-scare/

8 minutes ago, Pickles75 said:

Nice try but there's no way to defend it. 

Cartridges with glycerin added are a bad thing. People have damaged their lungs permanently.

I have a lot of pens and a lot of experience with them. It's easy to overheat them. Easy to get over 500 F.

Why would anyone try to defend glycerin anyway? Just use something better.

I make my own cartridges and make the oil so you don't have to add anything.

If I can make that work why can't the industry do it? Answer; They like to make it so you get more hits, watered down.

Cart manufacturers clearly state on their boxes and websites, that they should be used at a range 2 - 3v which translates to around 5 - 6w according to my devices anyway. (I'm of course only referring to weed carts.) That is for pure oil, none of the manufacturers I buy use glycerine.

Actually, I've personally never seen glycerine or PPG listed as an ingredient in a Official or Retail setting. I'm sure that's just a yet. I've only experienced that in a few fake Carts I got into early on. You could tell the difference for sure. So, I'm not sure where that comes in?

I was just posting the article I found refuting the formaldehyde tests done, for appropriate reasons. You can't perform a test to establish a baseline that includes unrealistic parameters, that does invalidate the test. That is the exact reason why the cancer warnings were taken off of Sweet n Low. The state of California fed a ridiculous amount of the stuff to a bunch of Rats and they got cancer. The human equivalent dosage was far more than a human would/could consume in a lifetime. That was my only point with the article. So I'm not defending Glycerin per say, I'd just like to see a valid study. 

I welcome links to independent scientific analysis, however, do be very sure you try your best to evaluate the source to find out if the tobacco industry is connected to the labs performing the tests. The tobacco industry is pretty desperate to kill vaping no matter what tests and statistics they have to bend to their views. Tobacco is losing out big time because most nicotine for vaping is primarily sourced from vegetable sources. Something I found very interesting. I know politics is also after vaping and disgustingly twisted the Vit-E in weed cart, lung disease crisis to go after vaping. 

Edited by Pickles75

2 hours ago, Pickles75 said:

Cart manufacturers clearly state on their boxes and websites, that they should be used at a range 2 - 3v which translates to around 5 - 6w according to my devices anyway. (I'm of course only referring to weed carts.) That is for pure oil, none of the manufacturers I buy use glycerine.

Actually, I've personally never seen glycerine or PPG listed as an ingredient in a Official or Retail setting. I'm sure that's just a yet. I've only experienced that in a few fake Carts I got into early on. You could tell the difference for sure. So, I'm not sure where that comes in?

I was just posting the article I found refuting the formaldehyde tests done, for appropriate reasons. You can't perform a test to establish a baseline that includes unrealistic parameters, that does invalidate the test. That is the exact reason why the cancer warnings were taken off of Sweet n Low. The state of California fed a ridiculous amount of the stuff to a bunch of Rats and they got cancer. The human equivalent dosage was far more than a human would/could consume in a lifetime. That was my only point with the article. So I'm not defending Glycerin per say, I'd just like to see a valid study

I welcome links to independent scientific analysis, however, do be very sure you try your best to evaluate the source to find out if the tobacco industry is connected to the labs performing the tests. The tobacco industry is pretty desperate to kill vaping no matter what tests and statistics they have to bend to their views. Tobacco is losing out big time because most nicotine for vaping is primarily sourced from vegetable sources. Something I found very interesting. I know politics is also after vaping and disgustingly twisted the Vit-E in weed cart, lung disease crisis to go after vaping. 

yada yada

They can and do get above 500 degrees which leaves a dangerous byproduct if you are using glycerin, just like what I said in the post of mine you quoted. Better to not use it. Not worth wasting time on another study about it.

• 3 months later...

I can't tell you exactly how it is working but it can be as the shisha system, the difference is that we smoke charcoal on shisha, but we vape on batteries. Battery electricity is used to make the coil hot, then it starts to make vapor from oil and you inhale the glycerine with aromatizatory, nothing really special. If you are interested, there are websites like vaporsolo that includes in itself all the information about vaping and vape products at good prices as well. So it is better to check there, because they know more than us.

Edited by VictorLewis

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I am vaping, too, but I didn't notice any side effects yet. Maybe it depends on the vaping products you use. I think the e-cigarettes of good quality, shouldn't have any harmful constituents. At least, I choose to buy only qualitative vape liquids that aren't dangerous for me or for people surrounding me. Here https://www.velacommunity.com/coupons/, I found a big range of discounts (more than 20%), of coupons for flavors and the price, is

Edited by JAbbot1985

1 hour ago, JAbbot1985 said:

I want to suggest Pineapple Express is a flavor that has the sweetness you desire, but not so sweet that you get tired of it. It is excellent for people that are new to vaping. It’s also good if you enjoyed this strain of cannabis but would like to enjoy it legally and safely. This is a classic, tried and true tested flavor that will ensure your vape pen experience never gets dull.

What??????????????

Since when is it safer and more legal to use one of those cheap pens burning something like oil but with junk mixed in it?