Sign in to follow this  
fellowcabbage44

Wisconsin native looking to move and caregive.

Just looking for advice- I have been a cannabis user for years due to a back injury and the desire not to be on opiods- it works well for me.

I have a green thumb and love to grow.

Looking into properties in Iron Mountain, would love to become a caregiver and get involved in the cannabis community. Any advice appreciated moreso on the legality and the real ability for me to get licensed and started growing this summer. Any help appreciated!!!

15 minutes ago, fellowcabbage44 said:

Just looking for advice- I have been a cannabis user for years due to a back injury and the desire not to be on opiods- it works well for me.

I have a green thumb and love to grow.

Looking into properties in Iron Mountain, would love to become a caregiver and get involved in the cannabis community. Any advice appreciated moreso on the legality and the real ability for me to get licensed and started growing this summer. Any help appreciated!!!

Just move here and you can grow instantly if you are an adult. It's legal now for everyone to grow. No paperwork required. You still can't sell it legally but I'm sure you can find some friends to give it away to. 

I will still need to get licensed to grow more than 12 plants and to become a caregiver correct? Thats the path I'd like to go and maybe get into working a commercial garden when the rules come out regarding that.

I'd love to pick a current caregivers brain! 

Thanks for the reply Restorium!

You are late to it. Caregivers are pretty much established. The new ones are mostly folks that have sick relatives. Not a whole lot of commercial potential for you there. 

If you have a couple hundred thousand to invest then grow licenses are available. Success isn't guaranteed. 

I have a friend from out of state that moved here thinking that he was going to support himself being a caregiver. I think he's living with his mom and step dad now. Total fail. You have to remember that you can only collect, legally, what a max of 5 patients can pay you, minus expenses. It's a side job at best, or a way for someone who is already a patient to offset their med costs. 

On 3/4/2019 at 3:01 PM, Restorium2 said:

You have to remember that you can only collect, legally, what a max of 5 patients can pay you, minus expenses. It's a side job at best, or a way for someone who is already a patient to offset their med costs. 

This week, the State just opened it up for caregivers to sell to licensed processors and growers now.  ;)

11 hours ago, garyfisher said:

This week, the State just opened it up for caregivers to sell to licensed processors and growers now.  ;)

It's been open for a while now. It's supposed to close on March 31st. Then we will be back to a lot less selection and $300 an ounce. The dispensaries are lobbying heavily to keep the market open for caregivers. 

8 hours ago, Restorium2 said:

It's been open for a while now. It's supposed to close on March 31st. Then we will be back to a lot less selection and $300 an ounce. The dispensaries are lobbying heavily to keep the market open for caregivers. 

A little different starting April 1st. 

No longer can provisioning centers buy from caregivers. Only processors or growers can buy from caregivers. It must then be tested and entered into metrc and then can be sold to provisioning centers. This insures all product will be tested going forward  

They put no end date on this other than to say when it feel right they will pull the plug on caregivers. 

Also, whatever cg supply licensed pc’s have as of March 30th they can sell until it’s gone with a waiver. 

Edited by shishka

15 hours ago, shishka said:

A little different starting April 1st. 

No longer can provisioning centers buy from caregivers. Only processors or growers can buy from caregivers. It must then be tested and entered into metrc and then can be sold to provisioning centers. This insures all product will be tested going forward  

They put no end date on this other than to say when it feel right they will pull the plug on caregivers. 

Also, whatever cg supply licensed pc’s have as of March 30th they can sell until it’s gone with a waiver. 

They are pushing people to work around their overpriced system. With the rec market super stimulated, and the caregivers growing like there's no tomorrow, the dispensaries having to sell for $300 an ounce, it's a perfect storm for unregulated sales. The dispensaries are going to go around the State supply just to stay alive. Patients are going to hunt for the grower who was supplying the dispensary with what they were buying. There's no way law enforcement is going to be able to maintain the State dam of sand. The only way this is ever going to work is to bring the price down on the State marijuana. If it was $150-$200 an ounce everything would start working like a well oiled machine. 

On 3/9/2019 at 7:09 AM, Restorium2 said:

No this is different.  As shiska stated, no longer will be able to sell directly to stores, only licensed growers and processors.

I dont have a link.  It was on kormorns blog I believe.