Question on seeds

Hello,

I have more seeds than I could ever use before they went bad. All good strains and feminized.  My question is legally could I trade some of these for flower?  

Or possibly find a trustworthy care giver that I could give the seeds to and work out an arraignment for them to grow flower for me.  I am new to growing and just don’t want to screw it up.  My thinking is that I wouldn’t be paying for weed at that point.  I would be paying for their service and time which I would have to think us ok under the law.

Thoughts?

Tricky question if your a card holder and if you gift someone seeds that part I believe is now legal but  them giving you bud back in a deal  or  you help pay for the costs im not sure if that is legal outside or you not being connected to whomever you choose to grow via the registry ?

I would sell the seeds for cash and use the cash to buy flower from a dispensary or caregiver that you are legally connected to via the MMMP.
That's really the only way you can do any of what you had asked without having to worry if your outside the law. I personally think a gift exchange between trusted friends or family is an appropriate situation even if it's not the 25th of December, but like I said before...

Or better yet grow your own! It's much more cost effective and the growing can be therapeutic itself. You have the seeds already, why not right?!

• 4 months later...

I don't see why it would be an issue. If you can find someone who wants seeds. Most people want clones to reduce veg time. Some seeds show sex in a month, others 2+months. By the time you pop, veg, and clone...it's about 6-9 months before you'll even know if it's a good seed or not. What Fem seeds do you have?

On 3/14/2019 at 8:34 AM, Restorium2 said:

It's still illegal to sell or trade seeds. So only do that with someone you are positive will not tell on you(or is a cop/informant).

I understand the whole illegality thing about trading seeds, but why couldn't one just "disguise" a transaction. For instance: "Hey, you gotta try this flower....,(couple of sentences etc.), "oh by the way, I found those seeds I mentioned before. Maybe you can give 'em a try. Here." Nothing illegal about gifting. Just no "transaction".

2 minutes ago, Slappy said:

I understand the whole illegality thing about trading seeds, but why couldn't one just "disguise" a transaction. For instance: "Hey, you gotta try this flower....,(couple of sentences etc.), "oh by the way, I found those seeds I mentioned before. Maybe you can give 'em a try. Here." Nothing illegal about gifting. Just no "transaction".

I don't believe it is illegal now to trade seeds. You just can't sell them.