I’m back!!!

On 5/30/2019 at 2:16 PM, Kingdiamond said:

What kind of weight did you pull in flower per plant?

I'm not sure yet, It's still drying. My best guess is the yield might be a little less but the quality is much higher. Completely covered in trichomes.

There were other factors involved that might account for decreased yield. I had to go out of town unexpectedly and ended up just putting the plants in tubs of water to keep them from drying out so the bottoms were always wet. They don't generally like that but it's better than losing them all.

15 hours ago, Kingdiamond said:

OK  would be curious as to how close you came to your HPS setups if its close im done with the electricity hog systems and going to list all of my ballasts and hoods on craigslist .

That market is saturated. There are tons of them on there already.

For example;

There's a 1000 watt switchable ballast with hood and both bulbs for sale for $130. It's been sitting there for two months now. Many just like that. The world has moved on. No one is buying. 

After about 2 weeks in veg, I'm very pleased.  I'm not doing a scientific experiment, but after growing indoors for X+ years, I generally know when something is or isn't working.   My veg plants are growing way faster than I've seen in a long time, if ever.  They are very deep green, bushy, and aren't stretching a lot.  

1 hour ago, Highlander said:

After about 2 weeks in veg, I'm very pleased.  I'm not doing a scientific experiment, but after growing indoors for X+ years, I generally know when something is or isn't working.   My veg plants are growing way faster than I've seen in a long time, if ever.  They are very deep green, bushy, and aren't stretching a lot.  

Yeah I have never seen such green lush plants in my  grow room  im going online tonight to see about ordering some high power panels for my grow room .

12 hours ago, Kingdiamond said:

Yeah I have never seen such green lush plants in my  grow room  im going online tonight to see about ordering some high power panels for my grow room .

I bought a 1200 and it works great also. $120.

1$ per ten watts LED. That's what the 1500 cost, the 1000, now the 1200. 

There are a lot of folks paying WAY more than that. Not sure they are getting anything better for their money. I think not.

I'm sticking with these little cheap ones. They are very versatile. Daisy chain them any which way. Modular is better than a big light that has only one footprint you have to conform to. 

Now if you want to be a light snob so you can say you have the best;

SPYDRx is designed for close-proximity, controlled environment agriculture, and multi-tier vertical farming environments.

SPYDRx

Rated 5.00out of 5 based on 9customer ratings
( customer reviews)

$900.00  $942.00

SPYDRx is the ideal top-lighting solution for the full-cycle cannabis cultivation for home hobbyists not supplementing with CO2, or vegetative cannabis cultivation in commercial environments. Designed to cover a 4’x4’ area at only 6 inches above canopy, SPYDRx delivers an average of 550 µmol/m2/s of highly uniform light over canopy.

PPF: 810 µmol/s
Efficacy: 2.5 µmol/J
Input Power: 330W

You can build one just like the SPYDR for $420. It covers 4' x 4'. That same coverage would cost you about $300 for two cheaper ones that make the same amount of PAR(the pair). 

There's one difference that I'm not sure matters;

The cheaper ones have fans and the expensive ones use heat sinks to cool. I'm not convinced which system is better for heat. Seems like fans would be better so maybe the cheaper ones are actually better than the expensive ones for heat. 

Over the past week, I have replaced my HPS ( 3x 1,000w) in my flower room with the Yehsence 1500s.  I don't miss the awkward big hoods and all of the ductwork.  Also, the Yehsence fixtures are fairly small and lightweight, so they sway with the wind, which kind acts like a light mover.  I have only two complaints for far.  1.) the light spectrum makes me a bit nauseous.  (I need some glasses) and 2.) My furnace has run in June for the first time in about 10 years (but that's kinduv a good thing, really)

1 hour ago, Highlander said:

Over the past week, I have replaced my HPS ( 3x 1,000w) in my flower room with the Yehsence 1500s.  I don't miss the awkward big hoods and all of the ductwork.  Also, the Yehsence fixtures are fairly small and lightweight, so they sway with the wind, which kind acts like a light mover.  I have only two complaints for far.  1.) the light spectrum makes me a bit nauseous.  (I need some glasses) and 2.) My furnace has run in June for the first time in about 10 years (but that's kinduv a good thing, really)

Definitely get yourself some glasses.

People ask why the expensive ones are so expensive.

If you can build one with $420 in parts that sells for $900 it becomes clear why there's such a difference in price. 

LED light manufacturers HAD a monopoly and decided to take advantage of us as we discover the advantages of LED lighting.

Then enter the cheap light manufactures who knew we would figure out we were being ripped off by the manufacturers that got their foot in the door in the beginning.

As we started to see what was going on the folks that ponied up the big money want to justify what they spent by cutting down the cheap lights.  They said, "No way you can grow nice plants under a $150 light!"

Now everyone knows better. Going rate is $1 for 10 watts of LED as long as the lights check out by a meter. There still are some false claims and bad LED lights out there. 

On 6/10/2019 at 8:06 AM, Restorium2 said:

Best DEAL!!!

For a limited time you can get this 1200 LED that I already bought and reviewed 40% off.

Here it is;

https://www.amazon.com/Exlenvce-Chained-Growing-Spectrum-Triple-Chips/dp/B07QY16YRD/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=Exlenvce+1200W+LED+Grow+Light&qid=1560168199&s=gateway&sr=8-3

Ordered two of these lights. Thanks

3 hours ago, blackhorse said:

How close can lights be to plants that are 2 weeks into flower?

Thinking of just adding one of these lights to the 600 watt light in grow tent.

I have a few plants in flower under the Yehsence 1500 LEDs.  They are all of about similar height but range from day 1 to about 4 weeks in flower.  (The first 4 weeks of the old ones were under HPS).  

I just measured my distances from lights to plant tops.  The canopy height and the heights of the lights vary, but, in general, the distance from bulbs to plant tops is about 18-24" with lots of new growth on the new ones and no bleaching on the old ones.

47 minutes ago, Highlander said:

I have a few plants in flower under the Yehsence 1500 LEDs.  They are all of about similar height but range from day 1 to about 4 weeks in flower.  (The first 4 weeks of the old ones were under HPS).  

I just measured my distances from lights to plant tops.  The canopy height and the heights of the lights vary, but, in general, the distance from bulbs to plant tops is about 18-24" with lots of new growth on the new ones and no bleaching on the old ones.

I had some 8 week old plants that I was planning to put outside, but no time to build legal outside garden.

So I put in flower inside and now they are getting tall, may be a problem with height. It was flower inside or destroy the plants.

13 hours ago, blackhorse said:

I had some 8 week old plants that I was planning to put outside, but no time to build legal outside garden.

So I put in flower inside and now they are getting tall, may be a problem with height. It was flower inside or destroy the plants.

One thing about these lights is that they make your plants stretch a lot less. It's a new learning experience. Some 'leggy' strains are more viable under these lights. More tops and better yields. I like how Bill put it, 'shrubbery'.

On 6/6/2019 at 2:46 PM, Highlander said:

I have been meaning to get back with you on this 'swaying'.

They send you those cables to hang the light. I found that a 10" piece of cheap coat hanger wire bent in the middle like a V with loops bent on each end to go through the mounting holes keeps the lights from moving so much and are shorter so you have more travel towards the ceiling. They also give me a better sense of confidence than the cables that could come apart. 

2 hours ago, Restorium2 said:

I have been meaning to get back with you on this 'swaying'.

They send you those cables to hang the light. I found that a 10" piece of cheap coat hanger wire bent in the middle like a V with loops bent on each end to go through the mounting holes keeps the lights from moving so much and are shorter so you have more travel towards the ceiling. They also give me a better sense of confidence than the cables that could come apart. 

Good idea.   I had a cable crimp come apart on a 4' 8 bulb T-5.  It wasn't pretty.

Also, being able to hang them closer to the ceiling is another benefit.

On 6/10/2019 at 8:06 AM, Restorium2 said:

Best DEAL!!!

For a limited time you can get this 1200 LED that I already bought and reviewed 40% off.

Here it is;

https://www.amazon.com/Exlenvce-Chained-Growing-Spectrum-Triple-Chips/dp/B07QY16YRD/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=Exlenvce+1200W+LED+Grow+Light&qid=1560168199&s=gateway&sr=8-3

Well, I just bought 4.  It's hard to go wrong at this price point.