1500 watt x 2 LED grow

Kingdiamond

3 minutes ago, glued gorilla said:

Just curious, what is the actual power draw on these lights? And what are you guys pulling per light? I have thought about LEDs, but would like to hear some actual results from someone with experience.  I run double ended hps, happy with results, but very hot. Would like to save on power from cooling and lighting

Depends on who you ask. Everyone has a different opinion. Most leds are using around 50% of what the light says. I've been growing led for 7 years, but apparently that doesn't mean anything to these guys. The most I pulled from apollo 6 was 5.5 zips. Best I did with 600w hps is 7 with the same strain. That was skywalker og. If you do several fixtures, like 1 per plant, each smaller fixture will only raise temps like 3 degrees.

1 minute ago, Slappy said:

Depends on who you ask. Everyone has a different opinion. Most leds are using around 50% of what the light says. I've been growing led for 7 years, but apparently that doesn't mean anything to these guys. The most I pulled from apollo 6 was 5.5 zips. Best I did with 600w hps is 7 with the same strain. That was skywalker og. If you do several fixtures, like 1 per plant, each smaller fixture will only raise temps like 3 degrees.

Thanks, do you know what the draw is on that Apollo or on the yehsence you guys have been talking about?

10 minutes ago, glued gorilla said:

Thanks, do you know what the draw is on that Apollo or on the yehsence you guys have been talking about?

Would like to find out how much draw I will need to equal my lights. 1000w DE hps, pulling 32 to 36 zips  per. Thinking if I ran 2 for each light I want to replace, I would be close. Whatcha think?

Edited by glued gorilla
incorrect info

Just now, glued gorilla said:

Ah, so they are probably closer to a 400w hps, I guess I will look into bigger ones. Any that you know would get close to a 1000w hps? Maybe one that draws around 600w?

That's the name of the game right there. Preference. I prefer the secondary optical lenses(apollo 6 and platinum led), while others claim the lenses are a gimmick and do not help. It all comes down to what you decide to buy. No right or wrong answers, as they all work. Some grow denser flowers than others.

1 minute ago, glued gorilla said:

Ah, so they are probably closer to a 400w hps, I guess I will look into bigger ones. Any that you know would get close to a 1000w hps? Maybe one that draws around 600w?

You can't really go by what they draw as to what they put out. The only way you can tell what they put out is checking with a meter or seeing it tested, published like on youtube or a website. 

These 1500's put out more PAR light than a 1000 hps at about half the draw. 2 for 1 or better. 

1 minute ago, Restorium2 said:

To give any advice that helps buy a light you have to give a source to buy it. 

Then we can talk specifics to that purchase.

Not sure where to buy, just feeling out possibilities. I don't want to sacrifice quality or quantity. How much area can these lights cover? And what results do you see from them?

Just now, glued gorilla said:

Not sure where to buy, just feeling out possibilities. I don't want to sacrifice quality or quantity. How much area can these lights cover? And what results do you see from them?

The plants grow a lot of nodes, more than with MH. Like shrubbery. Very healthy veg growth. Lots of bud sites. Depending on the strain there can be too many. My stretchy strains do fine but my bushy strains need pruning for production. All in all I get very close to the same weight. Not a miracle for someone who had it dialed in on HPS. They are a great substitute especially with less heat and power consumption. I believe everyone is going to switch soon. Most are already. 

Lets please keep this  thread civil  .

I went out and got the material to build a screen and just topped some sugar babys  and will be  doing two to four plants  in the screen one question I see a lot of these  scrog grows where the  pots are 1 or two gallon pots  what is up with that?

46 minutes ago, Kingdiamond said:

Lets please keep this  thread civil  .

I went out and got the material to build a screen and just topped some sugar babys  and will be  doing two to four plants  in the screen one question I see a lot of these  scrog grows where the  pots are 1 or two gallon pots  what is up with that?

By using smaller pots, someone can use a smaller reservoir for multiple plants. Also means you can use less nutrients and water, while also maximizing yields. The smaller the pot, the faster it drinks and dries. Therefore, they can handle more feedings in a day.

Wel i have finished my first full LED  grow and I  am very happy with the quality  but as a caregiver that needs to pull as much weight as possible to keep my 5 patients supplied its just not applicable for my needs I am sure if I did a scrog type grow that would be  better for a better yield but from what effort I put into this grow it just was pretty much a weak harvest and yield .

16 minutes ago, Kingdiamond said:

Wel i have finished my first full LED  grow and I  am very happy with the quality  but as a caregiver that needs to pull as much weight as possible to keep my 5 patients supplied its just not applicable for my needs I am sure if I did a scrog type grow that would be  better for a better yield but from what effort I put into this grow it just was pretty much a weak harvest and yield .

Strain you are used to growing?

How much weight did you get off each grow, LED and HPS? 

Grape soda Grape ape  and Girl scout cookie in the LED  room  Chem dawg and pre 98 Bubba in the HPS  room 6 plants each room the HPS  room  pulled 21 and a half ounces  dry and the led room 6 to 8 because  some are still drying  the quality from the LED  room is great but  for all I put into it I expected much more .

10 hours ago, Kingdiamond said:

Grape soda Grape ape  and Girl scout cookie in the LED  room  Chem dawg and pre 98 Bubba in the HPS  room 6 plants each room the HPS  room  pulled 21 and a half ounces  dry and the led room 6 to 8 because  some are still drying  the quality from the LED  room is great but  for all I put into it I expected much more .

When I did my side by side comparison to see how well the LED worked against the HPS I ran a true comparison with the same strain under each. Same grow conditions all the way through the grow. The LEDs, just like the ones you are using, performed superior to the old HPS. 

You see, I wanted to actually know for myself how they worked. That's why I did a true comparison. It's hard enough to compare growing things let alone cross referencing between strains at the same time. 

What did you mean when you said "For all I put into it"?

On 4/24/2019 at 8:58 PM, Kingdiamond said:

Well after looking at opinions all over the web and here  regarding the advances in LED  panels in  growing  I decided to do a start to finish  grow using  Yehsense  LED  panels  the strains will be Chem Dawg Pre 98 Bubba  Holy grail and Chem Bubba starting from clones will show each stage of growth in pictures to get and give  a solid opinion  of the 1500 watt panels vs a 2x1000 watt HPS  setup .

I see you originally intended to do a true comparison. Why did you swap in those other strains on the LED side?