1500 watt x 2 LED grow

Kingdiamond

12 hours ago, Kingdiamond said:

Grape soda Grape ape  and Girl scout cookie in the LED  room  Chem dawg and pre 98 Bubba in the HPS  room 6 plants each room the HPS  room  pulled 21 and a half ounces  dry and the led room 6 to 8 because  some are still drying  the quality from the LED  room is great but  for all I put into it I expected much more .

Kingdiamond

• Trees in the D !
  •  
  • Kingdiamond
  • Forum Leaders
  • team_staff.png
  •  
  • 7,217 posts
  • Location"New Detroit"

Well after looking at opinions all over the web and here  regarding the advances in LED  panels in  growing  I decided to do a start to finish  grow using  Yehsense  LED  panels  the strains will be Chem Dawg Pre 98 Bubba  Holy grail and Chem Bubba starting from clones will show each stage of growth in pictures to get and give  a solid opinion  of the 1500 watt panels vs a 2x1000 watt HPS  setup .

On 4/24/2019 at 8:58 PM, Kingdiamond said:

Well after looking at opinions all over the web and here  regarding the advances in LED  panels in  growing  I decided to do a start to finish  grow using  Yehsense  LED  panels  the strains will be Chem Dawg Pre 98 Bubba  Holy grail and Chem Bubba starting from clones will show each stage of growth in pictures to get and give  a solid opinion  of the 1500 watt panels vs a 2x1000 watt HPS  setup .

Which Chem Dawg cut do you have? I've been looking for #4 for a while.

6 minutes ago, Kingdiamond said:

Because of lack of space  ran out of room and moved the bushes to the bigger space

So let me get this straight;

The Chem dawg and pre 98 Bubba grew fantastic under the LED so you moved it under the HPS, quote; moved the bushes and gave the HPS all the credit.

And you put some other smaller substitutes in under the LED.

Then you say that LEDs are not applicable to your caregiver grow because you have responsibility to patients. 

Dude, that's passing the buck don't you think? I think you need to do better next time and it's not the LED's fault. 

8 minutes ago, Kingdiamond said:

I am not  doing another led run  cant afford to run short of product for my patients with trial and error i am sure with some work i could  pull more weight but  with HPS  and the new CMH  630 I ordered that will no longer be a problem .

Dude at the growshop made the switch to CMH. He said they run way cooler than hps, and the end result is better. I've been intrigued every since. You should do hps v.s. cmh forum. Since your HPS game is on point, that'll be fun to watch.

53 minutes ago, Kingdiamond said:

I am not  doing another led run  cant afford to run short of product for my patients with trial and error i am sure with some work i could  pull more weight but  with HPS  and the new CMH  630 I ordered that will no longer be a problem .

Isn't that the light with the big ballast right up mounted on the fixture? I always liked my ballasts separate to move the heat away from the main grow area. Man I'm glad I'm totally free of ballasts!

Yeah it is concerning ive never liked those attached ballast setups ive already prepared this area for my portable ac in case of heat buildup but a friend at a local grow store just raves about the CMH   lights says they simulate the sun  spectrum better then any other light setup .

Dont  get me wrong about the LED panels the quality of the finished product and the lack of heat leaving the plants looking lush and pretty really is an attractive feature if I had a bigger grow space I could do wonders with them but  the amount my patients use on a monthly basis mandates me getting as much as possible out of each watt of light but they produce  some true High times calendar quality  buds  .

The thing about the total watts you can run. With HPS I had to be careful how many I had on circuits. The hogs limit your wattage. I can run a BOATLOAD of these LEDs on one timer in a daisy chain. Every time I added an HPS I knew it with the electricity draw. So I can have a LOT more watts with LEDs. As many as I want and then some. Put one or more over every plant if you want.