Pics of my first grow

wjkingsnorth

6 minutes ago, wjkingsnorth said:

My plants are not in a heated building. I am going to grow until the end of August then start them blooming. I will have 2 months of bloom time before harvest at the end of October. 

Ok, I see your plan.  My Widow, 56 days. My buddys widow. 70 days. Without running a plant first, you're pretty much going in blind. Are you going outdoor for 2 months, or indoor for 2 months. If indoor, you might need vaulted ceilings if vegged any longer. If I were you I'd take a bunch of big clones from the top. As long as you keep the mites down, all the lower branches will grow into new colas, giving you the extended veg you want. Plus, you'll have some rooted teens by the time you flower mother. Then just do them all at the same time.

34 minutes ago, Slappy said:

It all depends on the plant. You can get an idea of what phenos to expect from sites like seedfinder, or possibly even the seed breeder sites. But the only way to know is to run it, or one of each plant.  Widow typically stretches a lot. Mine stretches for 20 days before she bulks up. Are you flowering indoors, because those should be trees in 6 more weeks. LOL. Also, if desperate, you can "snap" in flower. Just don't do it too far into flower. If it's an 8wk, I wouldn't "snap" past 2 weeks. Otherwise, you'll stress her out too much, and lose potency.

Look back at how big they were 2 weeks ago when I first put them in the new tent. Scary how much they have grown. 

40 minutes ago, Slappy said:

It all depends on the plant. You can get an idea of what phenos to expect from sites like seedfinder, or possibly even the seed breeder sites. But the only way to know is to run it, or one of each plant.  Widow typically stretches a lot. Mine stretches for 20 days before she bulks up. Are you flowering indoors, because those should be trees in 6 more weeks. LOL. Also, if desperate, you can "snap" in flower. Just don't do it too far into flower. If it's an 8wk, I wouldn't "snap" past 2 weeks. Otherwise, you'll stress her out too much, and lose potency.

Look back at how big they were 2 weeks ago when I first put them in the new tent. Scary how much they have grown. 

Thanks for all the advice. I am going to start them into bloom cycle this week. My tent is only 6'5" and these are going to be trees in 6 weeks if they continue the way they are. I only have one shot at a harvest as my wife does not want them stinking up the house. I have some clones I took from topping them. I am allowed to grow in the house as long as I don't let them bloom. 

1 minute ago, wjkingsnorth said:

Thanks for all the advice. I am going to start them into bloom cycle this week. My tent is only 6'5" and these are going to be trees in 6 weeks if they continue the way they are. I only have one shot at a harvest as my wife does not want them stinking up the house. I have some clones I took from topping them. I am allowed to grow in the house as long as I don't let them bloom. 

You should educate her about how one using carbon filters, has no odor issues. Then viola! You're free to bloom. I flower near a supermarket, so odor control is a priority for me too. Already got my doors kicked in once for not using carbon filters in the past.

1 hour ago, Slappy said:

You should educate her about how one using carbon filters, has no odor issues. Then viola! You're free to bloom. I flower near a supermarket, so odor control is a priority for me too. Already got my doors kicked in once for not using carbon filters in the past.

I do have the carbon filter system. I will be growing 2 plants indoors this winter and I will see what I can do to keep the smell down.

37 minutes ago, wjkingsnorth said:

I do have the carbon filter system. I will be growing 2 plants indoors this winter and I will see what I can do to keep the smell down.

How big is the carbon filter? In the beginning, I could flower 6 plants using a 4" carbon filter. Now I have to use a 6" as well as a 4" for 7 plants. It took me a while to get the aromatics going strong is what I'm saying.

On 7/16/2019 at 3:24 PM, wjkingsnorth said:

Is it true that the plants will continue growing even when you start into bloom and increase in size 50% of what they are when you start the bloom cycle?

Dependant on genetics, but yes much growth occurs in the first three weeks of flower. Sativa leaning breeds typically strech the most, sometimes tripling in size. Indicas generally less.My blue dream flowered at 30 in usually finishes around 5ft(60in), while my grape ape typically only gains 8in or so after flip.

I got them transplanted this morning into 7 gallon containers, Monday they are going into bloom mode. Want to give them a couple days to acclimate to their new containers. They were fairly root bound at the bottom of their root ball. Used rooting powder on the root ball and in the hole. sprinkled lightly so they don't get burnt. They seem to be responding well to the transplant. Also, I got 2 out of the 4 clones I took from the moms to produce roots. They are in soil now in the nursery. Also purchased 2 new 1000 watt led lights. Now each plant will have their own light. I moved them to one side of the tent because it was getting difficult to water them the way I had them in the tent.

Edited by wjkingsnorth

One of these ladies is probably going to outgrow the tent. Fortunately the room she is in has 8 foot ceilings. I already warned my wife that this plant may need to be moved outside the tent. Each plant has its own light so that will not be an issue. She will stink up that room though when she is in bloom. 

On 7/20/2019 at 4:10 PM, wjkingsnorth said:

I got them transplanted this morning into 7 gallon containers, Monday they are going into bloom mode. Want to give them a couple days to acclimate to their new containers. They were fairly root bound at the bottom of their root ball. Used rooting powder on the root ball and in the hole. sprinkled lightly so they don't get burnt. They seem to be responding well to the transplant. Also, I got 2 out of the 4 clones I took from the moms to produce roots. They are in soil now in the nursery. Also purchased 2 new 1000 watt led lights. Now each plant will have their own light. I moved them to one side of the tent because it was getting difficult to water them the way I had them in the tent.

If you're having issues with burning from Mycos, try Great White. I had the same issues using ZHO, then I made the switch. Mammoth P is good too, but I am allergic.

2 hours ago, wjkingsnorth said:

One of these ladies is probably going to outgrow the tent. Fortunately the room she is in has 8 foot ceilings. I already warned my wife that this plant may need to be moved outside the tent. Each plant has its own light so that will not be an issue. She will stink up that room though when she is in bloom. 

So take the big one, whack a few 6" clones and put 'em in a dome. Maybe more, it's up to you. Make it a nice even canopy for the 12/12 flip that way. You'll be really upset if you run out of room. Reminds me of a haze I grew way back in the day. had to S curve her along the back of the wall.

2 hours ago, Slappy said:

So take the big one, whack a few 6" clones and put 'em in a dome. Maybe more, it's up to you. Make it a nice even canopy for the 12/12 flip that way. You'll be really upset if you run out of room. Reminds me of a haze I grew way back in the day. had to S curve her along the back of the wall.

So it won't hurt to top it again?

I wouldn't top it if you're absolutely hell-bent on flowering sooner than a week. I usually make sure veg plants have at least a week before their last HST or snipping colas. That way the smaller shoots all become new colas. As long as the plant remains in a vegetative state, you can "mother" it, and take as many clones that you want from her. Just be clean, and be wary of pests.

Are you sure you don't have mites? Is it mostly in the bottom, close to the stalk? Do you see any specs(dots) on the fan leaves in the surrounding area? Or maybe tiny webs under the leaves?

Edited by Slappy
added info

1 hour ago, Slappy said:

Are you sure you don't have mites? Is it mostly in the bottom, close to the stalk? Do you see any specs(dots) on the fan leaves in the surrounding area? Or maybe tiny webs under the leaves?

I will check on that tonight. My grow tent is not in my house so it very well could have pests.