Pics of my first grow

wjkingsnorth

4 hours ago, Restorium2 said:

ProMix yet? Until you switch to Promix don't expect any different results.

That is soil, I am using fox farm. I thought you were talking about nutrients or something. Too late for that. I went to The Grow Show at lunchtime. They think it is probably transplant shock or that they are not getting enough nutrients. 

Be careful with Fox Farm soils, as they can be quite hot out of the bag. I started with Ocean Forest(burned lots of seeds), and moved to coco/perlite. I was talking to another guy about them recently, and he said that the east coast receives a different source of humates than west coast (cali hum). So Fox Farms results may differ depending on which coast the shipment came from.

12 minutes ago, wjkingsnorth said:

That is soil, I am using fox farm. I thought you were talking about nutrients or something. Too late for that. I went to The Grow Show at lunchtime. They think it is probably transplant shock or that they are not getting enough nutrients. 

I've never seen any visible indication of transplant shock, only a brief stunted growth. Sure bumping/reducing ppm may be beneficial, but the leaves are likely falling off because of mites. If you do have mites, you need 3 different sprays, and can do attitude. Spray plant tops, bottoms, and undersides dripping. Repeat every 3-5 days, forever. Always have a clean environment.

23 minutes ago, Slappy said:

Be careful with Fox Farm soils, as they can be quite hot out of the bag. I started with Ocean Forest(burned lots of seeds), and moved to coco/perlite. I was talking to another guy about them recently, and he said that the east coast receives a different source of humates than west coast (cali hum). So Fox Farms results may differ depending on which coast the shipment came from.

I am using Happy Frog from Fox Farm. 

33 minutes ago, wjkingsnorth said:

Next time, when you put the clone with fresh roots in soil use Promix. NO NUTES!

The guy at Grow Show said that the plant might be pulling nutrients from the leaves because it is not getting enough. He ran over several scenarios.

Transplant Shock

Not enough Nutrients

Overwatering

I picked up some canes and bent over the one really tall plant. Not too much but made it so it is not so close to the light. Also moved over a branch that was intruding on its neighbor with the cane and soft green wire. I got a bundle of 4' tall canes. When we get the the point the plants need support there will be plenty. No sign of buds yet but the stalks seem to be getting thicker.

Edited by wjkingsnorth

You have to understand that ready made soils are likely to get insects from sitting at a growshop. Many people go there when they need sprays and the like. So often times bugs come with soils. And that's why Resto said pro-mix. I use coco, and there's not a lot to attract them to the bag by itself. Super soils have lots of "goodies" which attract insects. I personally have seen fungus gnats come from a fresh bag of Big RootZ. It happens. Next time, bake your soil before planting.

Edited by Slappy
mispelling

Last night I inspected all my plants. I used my reading glasses plus a powerful magnifier. No signs of pests. There was some powdery mildew on a few leaves that were near soil level. I trimmed a few small branches near the bottom of the plants. I purchased some neem oil to treat the plants just incase I missed something. It is supposed to also help with mildew. 

Edited by wjkingsnorth
Misspelling

26 minutes ago, wjkingsnorth said:

Last night I inspected all my plants. I used my reading glasses plus a powerful magnifier. No signs of pests. There was some powdery mildew on a few leaves that were near soil level. I trimmed a few small branches near the bottom of the plants. I purchased some neem oil to treat the plants just incase I missed something. It is supposed to also help with mildew. 

Good work. You would have seen the mites if they were there. 

Not trying to be a dick, but i think you missed something. That pic you posted was the underside of a leaf. During my growing venture I've never seen Powdery mildew on the undersides of leaves. It's usually on top. Plus, look at those darker tips at the end? That's a tell sign of mites. That and losing leaves and or branches. You won't see the mites unless you have like an 80x or 100x microscope.

34 minutes ago, wjkingsnorth said:

Is it normal for the buds to grow when it is dark? Yesterday I came home and they looked the same as in the morning,  this morning I checked and they almost doubled in size. 

You have entered into the twilight zone ….. ah, no. Your plants have entered that time when the buds expand quickly. Shows everything is going well. 

Question about lighting. For the first 2 weeks of going 12/12 I had the lights set to veg and bloom. I am using LED. You can set it veg, veg bloom or bloom. Now that the plants are in full bloom I switched it to just bloom. Is that what I should be doing? 

Edited by wjkingsnorth
Misspelling

55 minutes ago, wjkingsnorth said:

Question about lighting. For the first 2 weeks of going 12/12 I had the lights set to veg and bloom. I am using LED. You can set it veg, veg bloom or bloom. Now that the plants are in full bloom I switched it to just bloom. Is that what I should be doing? 

You should have them both on.

42 minutes ago, wjkingsnorth said:

Ok, researched other places as well and it should be both on during flowering. It would have been nice for the led light company to stipulate that. You just add the bloom to the veg lights. 

Yeah both is best. I'm pretty sure that uv only works in "veg" switch anyways. I once grew an autoflower accidently using only a veg switch. She ran 84days, and I put her on full spec at day 70ish. The potency was dope, but the flower came out leafy instead of nice nuggetrees. Here's a pic, it was Alien VS Triangle F2 Auto

AVT auto.jpg