Pics of my first grow

wjkingsnorth

40 minutes ago, wjkingsnorth said:

Just thought about something. This flush might be useless. All but one of the plants has soil that has time released nutrients. (6 months) The one plant that does not have the nutrient soil is the smallest of the 4 plants. The flush will work on that one for sure, but the flush might not work on the others.

I dunno about that. Big RootZ is supposed to last a flowering cycle, yet I had to feed after 3 weeks. Prolly could've fed it earlier, as I know the full potential of this widow. Depends on the plant maybe? Or perhaps the bags estimates are for perennials and the like.

So, concerning the distilled water for the flush. Supposedly it is for getting salt and minerals out of the plants. Also, it is supposed to be very pure. I have also read that you are supposed to use the same water that you used to feed it with for the flush. There are so many opinions about how to do everything. I am doing what sounds right and makes sense to me. Right now I already purchased the distilled water so that is what I am going to use. I am ph'ing it between 5.5-6.5 just like the tap water I was using. I may be new to growing cannabis, but I am not new to growing plants. I have a huge flower and vegetable garden.

To half quote Tony Soprano : "I'm like king Midas, except everything I touch turns to sh!t" LOL. That's how I feel about growing things other than cannabis and peppers. I do know that if I PHd my solution below 5.8, I'd be freaking the -F- out in soil. Using distilled water may or may not affect the end product during a flush. However, growing other things I realized distilled water is not the way to go. Up against the tap in Fl, it did horribly. And the tap in FL was 380ppm, and loaded with ammonia. I know. I used to test water quality at a Pet Store before recommending water treatment.

7 hours ago, Slappy said:

I'll have to post a pic of a widow I just put in flush a little later. She is like a cola frenzy! Like 15 colas or something. The whole plant was darn near sideways when I walked into the flower room a couple days ago, and I had to re-stake her upright again. She's only been in flush 3 days. LOL.

See my Meter? It's hiding in the bushes. LOL.

IMG_20190910_171234.jpg

Every morning I have to add more support to branches with buds on them. I am supporting them to allow optimal light exposure to lower colas. A kind of super cropping. The branches are bending over with the weight of the top bud. I am supporting them just under the top so that the lower colas get more light. 7 days to harvest!

Edited by wjkingsnorth

Love to see some fresh pics of the progress.

5 hours ago, wjkingsnorth said:

Every morning I have to add more support to branches with buds on them. I am supporting them to allow optimal light exposure to lower colas. A kind of super cropping. The branches are bending over with the weight of the top bud. I am supporting them just under the top so that the lower colas get more light. 7 days to harvest!

I had to cut a few branches this morning that had buds so big that they actually broke the branch they were on. These were in a place that I could not support them. They were hanging down and shading lower colas. I got about a half ounce out of the three snake oil branches and probably  a quarter ounce from the White Widow branches. These were very small branches with very large buds on the ends. I trimmed them and put them in my new drying tent. (My new indoor tent without anything growing in it.) I got an 8 layer mesh drying rack that hangs from the top of the tent.  They will sit in the dark for the next week and start drying. Next Saturday is harvest day. I will be filling up that drying rack next weekend. Right now the WW and Snake Oil are on separate racks. Next week when I harvest I will consolidate the WW and Snake Oil into one layer, or I just may remove it all together and let it finish drying somewhere else. Feeding the plants water 5 more times before I harvest them. (Monday-Friday)

Lookin' mighty tasty. Congratulations on your completion, and look forward to seeing what you do next. At this point you're likely "hooked", and will get the ol' seed popping itch quite frequently. Before long, you'll be snatching up every strain you can find. Just like the rest of us. Don't stop now, the fun is just beginning.

5 hours ago, Slappy said:

Lookin' mighty tasty. Congratulations on your completion, and look forward to seeing what you do next. At this point you're likely "hooked", and will get the ol' seed popping itch quite frequently. Before long, you'll be snatching up every strain you can find. Just like the rest of us. Don't stop now, the fun is just beginning.

Yep, will be growing year around now. In fact, I just had one of my Cannatonic plants pop up from the ground today. Waiting for plant number 2.