Caregivers Overage Path To Market

Restorium2

2 minutes ago, semicaregiver said:

The impression I had from the memo's put out by LARA is only a licensed grower can buy from a caregiver.  The objective of the LARA change was to guarantee that the folks they sold "grow" licenses to are the only ones allowed to sell flower into the system.  

Exactly right in my opinion. Easy to understand the memo.

Dispensaries have been going right around that memo, ignoring it. 

Seen it myself. Bought caregiver product from dispensaries well after the memo came out.

So how would the memo be enforced?

A sting where a cop saying they are a caregiver sells to a dispensary.

Easy.

Yet it isn't happening. You would hear about it if it was happening. Part of making enforcement work is press releases after the take downs. The; "If a tree falls in the woods and no one hears it …. did it really fall?" concept.

We can only take away from that is there isn't any civil enforcement of the state rules over dispensaries.

Grower licensee or processor licensee can purchase from caregivers legally and then transfer said product to any dispensary of their choosing  

Caregivers cannot sell to either legally. 

That is the system as it is happening right now, but trust me it’s happening with the old wink n nudge. 

Edited by shishka

Don't worry guys, if I can make it happen...I'll fu*k witchu. I plan on hitting up Komorn before coughing up my 6gs for an application though. I'm trying to stay in MI for that reason only. If I can't get a license, i'll be outta here in 6-8 months. Got offers in 3 other states, no time to play this money grab game. If you've been in the medical loop, you know that's pretty much what it is....

12 minutes ago, shishka said:

Grower licensee or processor licensee can purchase from caregivers legally and then transfer said product to any dispensary of their choosing  

Caregivers cannot sell to either legally. 

That is the system as it is happening right now, but trust me it’s happening with the old wink n nudge. 

Whaaat?

You just said that processors CAN LEGALLY BUY from caregivers but caregivers can't LEGALLY SELL to them?

Doesn't make any sense does it?

What I think you meant, hard to tell, lol, is that caregivers can legally sell to processors. If that's what you were trying to say it's correct.

But it's just not happening at all. 

Quote to me from dispensary owner with a grow license," We are selling not buying. We have our own grow, we don't need to buy anything. We are just selling".

Common sense please.

Answer me this;

If you had a 1500 plant grow that you can produce all you want off of, or even more than 1500, would you be buying from your competition?

Or would you be keeping your nose to the grindstone and growing like a big dog and selling what you grow yourself?

That's what the dispensary owner with their own grow put into perspective for me. Made sense. No reason to lie. 

I think what matters is enforcement.

Who cares about any rules if the enforcement is a low priority and you don't lose everything when caught? 

It's like we used to get the death penalty now we get a fine and maybe lose some plants.

Can't even hang the fed thing over our heads anymore with congress openly working with NORMAL changing the federal rules leaving things up to the individual states.

Changes everything.  

1 minute ago, Restorium2 said:

I think what matters is enforcement.

Who cares about any rules if the enforcement is a low priority and you don't lose everything when caught? 

It's like we used to get the death penalty now we get a fine and maybe lose some plants.

Can't even hang the fed thing over our heads anymore with congress openly working with NORMAL changing the federal rules leaving things up to the individual states.

Changes everything.  

My old grow partner called the cops on me about 5 years ago. The cops said they didn't even want to see my plants. They didn't care, just said "be careful who you partner up with, we see this all the time." And the last time I got pulled over:

COP: "Any guns or dope in the vehicle?"

ME: "Might be a little weed, but i have a rod in my leg, i use it for pain."

COP: "So you don't have any dope? No guns?

ME: "no sir"

COP: "have a nice day, and watch your speed"

Even the police don't want to enforce frivolous laws. They quote: "we don't care about pot"

1 minute ago, Restorium2 said:

What I think is happening is the State of Michigan sold some grow licenses to some silly fools that are going to have a heck of a time making their money back.

While others get to grow for free and sell without paying for testing, transportation, a store, employees, etc.

Who are the smart ones? 

Last year there was a grower who was thrown through the "loop" over 19 times. Applied and denied 19 times? Each time fixing or adjusting to codes and enforcement btw. That's straight B.S. They are just taking the money, and accepting the ones who "greased the wheels a little". Noticed how with rec license they don't even give you a partial refund with denial??? LOL

27 minutes ago, Restorium2 said:

Whaaat?

You just said that processors CAN LEGALLY BUY from caregivers but caregivers can't LEGALLY SELL to them?

Doesn't make any sense does it?

What I think you meant, hard to tell, lol, is that caregivers can legally sell to processors. If that's what you were trying to say it's correct.

Show me the memo that says caregivers can legally sell to licensees. 

I showed you mine, show me yours. 

Rule 27. Marihuana microbusiness license. (1) A marihuana microbusiness license authorizes the following: (a) The cultivation of not more than 150 plants. (b) The processing and packaging of marihuana. (c) The retail sale or transfer of marihuana to only an individual 21 years of age or older, but not to other marihuana establishments. (d) The transfer of marihuana to a marihuana safety compliance facility for testing.

(2) Except as otherwise provided in Rule 42, this rule, and the act, a marihuana microbusiness license authorizes a marihuana microbusiness to transfer marihuana from the marihuana grower area to the marihuana processor and marihuana retailer areas of the marihuana microbusiness and from the marihuana processor area to marihuana grower and marihuana retailer areas of the marihuana microbusiness without using a marihuana secure transporter if all areas of the marihuana microbusiness enter each transfer between different areas of the marihuana microbusiness into the statewide monitoring system.

25 minutes ago, shishka said:

Those imaginary entities are currently paying over $3k per pound if your flower can pass testing. 

darn it’s a good time to be a caregiver. 

You just keep digging a deeper hole.

Excuse me for being so brash but you are lying through your teeth. 

I can buy it all day long at the dispensary for $200, which is $3200 a pound. That would mean the mark up on a pound is $200 for the store and the employees, tax, fees, licensing and a few more expenses. That's how I know you are wrong because it doesn't make any sense. 

You come off as someone trying to act like a wise guy, however, what you post just makes you look ignorant and shows you can't even do simple math. 

5 minutes ago, Restorium2 said:

You just keep digging a deeper hole.

Excuse me for being so brash but you are lying through your teeth. 

I can buy it all day long at the dispensary for $200, which is $3200 a pound. That would mean the mark up on a pound is $200 for the store and the employees, tax, fees, licensing and a few more expenses. That's how I know you are wrong because it doesn't make any sense. 

You come off as someone trying to act like a wise guy, however, what you post just makes you look ignorant and shows you can't even do simple math. 

Yup. I went into the dispo with some Alpha OG. And they told me they'd give me between 80-120 a zip when i get my caregivers card(years back btw). And my boy was getting lowballed for concentrates at 20-25 per gram. But his product on the shelves were 60-70 at the same dispo. Best part was, he has won 2 cannabis cups for concentrates! The point is, no dispo will undercut their profit margin that much. That'd be ridiculous, and likely not even cover their overhead.

2 hours ago, shishka said:

Okay, carry on. 

We obviously grow different flower. 

80 a zip lol. 

Really guy? I have an offer master grower position in FL at 125,000 a yr. In another state it's 165,000. Oh, and if I run my own isolate, its upwards of 280,000. So frankly, it doesn't matter what you or anyone thinks about me or what I have to say. My worth is there, i turn down opportunities on the regular. Like I said, i don't get approved I'm outta here!!! Ya'll can fight for the scraps. LOL.

Edited by Slappy

3 hours ago, shishka said:

Those imaginary entities are currently paying over $3k per pound if your flower can pass testing. 

darn it’s a good time to be a caregiver. 

3000 a lb is only possible in like 4 states. Your flower is most likely going across state lines to Indiana. Like I don't have my Fort Wayne homies wanting to come an see me because of rec. LOL. The Dakotas and GA are the only states that haven't caught up to the median pricing. Maybe even VA, as they don't play. My uncle got a year probation for a single joint. Hell, even the 5 point told me 2g's at their spot. Be smart bro. You just gave yourself away.

Edited by Slappy
forgot something

That in no way confirms your 3000 per elbow. Cali is sending that ish everywhere at 1750 top shelf. My people in Fl confirmed that prices have significantly dropped because of cali-grown flower flooding the market. Low shelf is like 700-800. Just talked to my dude in NY, the absolute top price is 2600. Although he laughs at anything over 200 a zip. However, my boys in Indiana...whoo! Told me 350 per oz all day, or 20-30 dollars a gram. Plus if it's purple....it goes as high as 400-450. Doesn't even matter if it's fire. My family planted roots in MI. My great-grandfather worked for Al Capone. In fact, he had closer workings with the Purple Gang. I always admired my great-grandfather, as he took countless risks to better future family generations. So long story short, i followed the same path. Of course not with the mob. At the top of my old life, i was basically a "black-market" liaison between different groups. And although I now embrace a life of legitimacy, I still have my ears to the streets. All over the nation, different countries. We 360. The reason i mentioned that is this: I never before in my entire life had the opportunities for a 6 figure income without an additional RICO investigation. Last year it was 35,000 for assistant grower. A year later I'm being scouted as master grower. You can take that ish to the bank. I already know I'm going to.