Caregivers Overage Path To Market

Restorium2

21 minutes ago, shishka said:

I don’t think you guys know what’s going on inside the industry. 

There is no flower available in METRC. None.

If you have a PC and no grow and want flower, you are paying around $4000 if you can even find some. 

Fu*k it. Want flower? Trade me for clones. LOL. In my circle, my friends no longer will let go of their genetics by clone. One dude said quote "mine are cup winners, you want my genetics? it's 400 for 15 seeds." Another friend supplying me genetics actually cried saying "you're gonna leave me behind bro?" when I told him about my grow offers. And, another one gave me the excuse "oh, i forgot to plug my cloner back in after a change." And another "My cloner died bro, i'm sorry". I'm dealing with some salty donkey mofo's in the same industry right now. I 'm on my 3rd hydro store because the whole vibe changed when i told them i'm going places. Last year had access to 75+ strains. Now I'm reduced to cuts from Cali and seeds. Where ya'll at? LOL.

Edited by Slappy
Forgot info

9 minutes ago, shishka said:

I don’t think you guys know what’s going on inside the industry. 

There is no flower available in METRC. None.

If you have a PC and no grow and want flower, you are paying around $4000 if you can even find some. 

"Inside The Industry" Really? LOL

I'm sure you can find people like that.

I know what's going on around here for sure.

None of the 30 or so dispensaries are paying anywhere near $4000 a pound.

Even at the slimmest margin for profit they are paying $2000 a pound.

More like $1500.

Now here's the deal on the dispensaries with no grow.

They get it even cheaper from caregivers, black market grows, and some commercial from out of the country, because no one is enforcing the rules.

Last time I heard they were paying $1200 a pound. And on down from that depending on the quality. 

Wow. It took me a while, but i found this: https://www.thesocialrevolution.org/news/critical-shortage-of-cannabis-flower-drives-mmfla-businesses-to-surf-facebook/

No one can produce clean flower. That's the gist. If you've taken a look at banned substances in regards to pesticides....everything is on there. You can grow without sprays, you can use beneficial insects. But then people complain about about ladybugs or predatory mites in the flower. You can't win. The state needs to re-evaluate the list of banned pesticides.

Edited by Slappy

And this: https://www.metrotimes.com/detroit/michigan-is-experiencing-a-medical-marijuana-drought/Content?oid=22380915

This may actually be true. Almost every big grower I know is using Mammoth P.  I bet that's why they are failing for E.coli. I said it before, that stuff smells like a pig pen. The same pig pen I used to clean. No joke. And i'm deathly allergic to Mammoth myself.

Okay I think you are starting to see what’s going on slappy. 

There is NO flower available for licensed shops to purchase. They can’t buy from caregivers, they can’t bring it in from the black market. METRC is the new law of the land. 

Im not talking about black market pound prices, I’m talking about licensed flower with a metrc tag on it that has passed testing and is ready to go. 

If you have to sign a waiver at your local shop you are getting old flower that has not passed testing. 

7 minutes ago, shishka said:

Okay I think you are starting to see what’s going on slappy. 

There is NO flower available for licensed shops to purchase. They can’t buy from caregivers, they can’t bring it in from the black market. METRC is the new law of the land. 

Im not talking about black market pound prices, I’m talking about licensed flower with a metrc tag on it that has passed testing and is ready to go. 

If you have to sign a waiver at your local shop you are getting old flower that has not passed testing. 

In September, i'm gonna start moonlighting dispos. LOL.

And if you aren’t familiar with testing they actually grind up your flower, make a solution and swab a petri dish and let it sit to see if mold spores grow. 

Limit is 10,000 colony forming units per gram. Pretty hard to get under that number. Outdoor will have no chance. Only the cleanest grow rooms and drying rooms can achieve this. 

IF you can produce this, you can get 3k+ today for flower. 

2 minutes ago, shishka said:

And if you aren’t familiar with testing they actually grind up your flower, make a solution and swab a petri dish and let it sit to see if mold spores grow. 

Limit is 10,000 colony forming units per gram. Pretty hard to get under that number. Outdoor will have no chance. Only the cleanest grow rooms and drying rooms can achieve this. 

Oddly enough, my cousin was working for a cannabis testing facility in Seattle last year. She said it's better to fail for mites than pesticides. Wow. I'm taken aback. I know i can do it if I get approved. But i'll be in some serious debt with a few loansharks having to build a hermetically sealed grow room. LOL.

36 minutes ago, Slappy said:

Oddly enough, my cousin was working for a cannabis testing facility in Seattle last year. She said it's better to fail for mites than pesticides. Wow. I'm taken aback. I know i can do it if I get approved. But i'll be in some serious debt with a few loansharks having to build a hermetically sealed grow room. LOL.

Oh definitely, if you fail for bugs or even mold you still have options such as remediation or you can blast it and sell the concentrate. 

This is the bummer part. If you fail for pesticides after it’s been tagged and entered into metrc it MUST be destroyed. 

You will not get it back from the licensee. Therefore don’t go trying to go this route if you spray any banned chemicals. 

10 hours ago, shishka said:

Again, that is a total lie. No one is paying that.

It's totally not happening when I can go to the dispensary and get it for that same price. 

Posting it over and over isn't going to make it true. 

Sprinkling a little truth about texting on top of a lie doesn't make it true.

You can bet the testing is fudged for the big grows or they will just buy the lab too.

The dispensaries that don't have a grow buy from who ever and say they had it tested. 

There is no enforcement. They do whatever they want to do.

So the price for anything that is grown and put through the system is about $1500 wholesale.

The rest is all unpredictable.

If you find a dispensary selling anything for less than $200 it's one that is doing things 'their way'.  

11 hours ago, shishka said:

Oh definitely, if you fail for bugs or even mold you still have options such as remediation or you can blast it and sell the concentrate. 

This is the bummer part. If you fail for pesticides after it’s been tagged and entered into metrc it MUST be destroyed. 

You will not get it back from the licensee. Therefore don’t go trying to go this route if you spray any banned chemicals. 

The mold would still be in the concentrate unless you used a special filter to remove it. Not an easy process.

Why would you fail for pesticides? Because you are a terrible grower. Only answer.

Now with mold the testing needs to get more comprehensive and match real world conditions and what actually hurts humans.

It will shake out to different levels of testing where some will just have a label that says that it may have small amounts of mold spores that people with extremely weak immune systems should avoid.

That's where things are going in other states ahead of us.

Now that we are shooting down these monster stories told around the campfire things look a little better in the light of day. 

Outdoor grown cannabis is going to easily pass testing for the recreational market. 

Insert other media.url

Edited by Restorium2

36 minutes ago, Restorium2 said:

The mold would still be in the concentrate unless you used a special filter to remove it. Not an easy process.

Why would you fail for pesticides? Because you are a terrible grower. Only answer.

Now with mold the testing needs to get more comprehensive and match real world conditions and what actually hurts humans.

It will shake out to different levels of testing where some will just have a label that says that it may have small amounts of mold spores that people with extremely weak immune systems should avoid.

That's where things are going in other states ahead of us.

Now that we are shooting down these monster stories told around the campfire things look a little better in the light of day. 

Outdoor grown cannabis is going to easily pass testing for the recreational market. 

Insert other media.url 134 B · 1 download

Oh i was around the time when the "Gold Standard" was exposed. I know all about mold contaminated concentrates making their way to market. As for pesticides, my people in Cali all use Forbid and Avid. Which will 100% fail if tested here in MI. They say quote "you ain't gonna kill nobody dawg". However, i refuse to use those products myself. Some products used have an insane half-life, and typically last longer than the average grow cycle. I know its not a pesticide, but a perfect example is Paclo. It's half-life is something like half a year, so if used with a strain longer than 12 weeks flowering....you'd still have to stop using it in veg. I remember separating what seemed like a white chalky flaky substance from a series of filter disks when extracting, and to this day....the dispo owner still won't admit that he uses PGR's.

Edited by Slappy

13 hours ago, Slappy said:

Ok, here's the deal. Loan shark said "For every 10,000 borrowed..I want 2lbs a month indefinitely until the debt and interest is paid". After which i talked to a financial advisor, and he advised me not to take a gamble on the recreational industry. He states that even though Michigan appears to be making it easier for the common folk....there really isn't a way for a "mom and pop" shop to make it. Under the strict rules and regulations, the recreational industry will likely implode under its own weight. He went on to confirm that the "affordable" options for small time growers are just not feasible, and are likely a way to recuperate lost taxes from failing medical marihuana businesses. So in other words, its a money grab. A desperate move by the government to leach off the common hardworking folks to fill the void of the failed medical program. It's all a sham, because only the "big fish" will have the backers and resources to outlast all smaller grows and retail shops. If thats true, that is really really sad.

People need to adjust their thinking to the new reduced penalties and how they are enforced.

The fears of the past have been effectively reduced to a point that everyone can grow huge harvests and share with their friends with very little risk of any major penalties.

Everything has changed. 

People stuck in the fears of the past will continue to suffer supply problems and the ones who move on, quit living in fear, will enjoy their new found freedom. 

The world moved on so there's no need to keep living in fear unless you need something to be scared about while telling stories around the campfire. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm sure the big grow interests would love it if everyone keeps living in fear. Keeps slinking on down to the dispensaries and parking in back. While the rest of us are planning our futures where cannabis doesn't cost us much anymore. At some point the reality of paying huge amounts for the opportunity to grow and run a pot store is just going to be a foolish business mistake.

We are already seeing a disconnect here where one guy says they pay $3000 for a pound wholesale when most of the rest of us don't even pay that retail. 

They will come out from behind curtains and out from under rocks and realize the world moved on. 

4 minutes ago, Restorium2 said:

People need to adjust their thinking to the new reduced penalties and how they are enforced.

The fears of the past have been effectively reduced to a point that everyone can grow huge harvests and share with their friends with very little risk of any major penalties.

Everything has changed. 

People stuck in the fears of the past will continue to suffer supply problems and the ones who move on, quit living in fear, will enjoy their new found freedom. 

The world moved on so there's no need to keep living in fear unless you need something to be scared about while telling stories around the campfire. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm sure the big grow interests would love it if everyone keeps living in fear. Keeps slinking on down to the dispensaries and parking in back. While the rest of us are planning our futures where cannabis doesn't cost us much anymore. At some point the reality of paying huge amounts for the opportunity to grow and run a pot store is just going to be a foolish business mistake.

We are already seeing a disconnect here where one guy says they pay $3000 for a pound wholesale when most of the rest of us don't even pay that retail. 

They will come out from behind curtains and out from under rocks and realize the world moved on. 

For real. All the crap I've been caught up in in my life time? I'd straight up laugh at a cop if I was busted for anything involving flowers. However, some people are terrified of operating in "gray areas". That's exactly why I lost my backer for a precision extracts supercritical extraction machine. Investor said "I have to be 100% legal, no loopholes". Even though I explained that most compensation is made through loopholes, he stands firm on his decision. Told me "come back when you get approved". Which now, to be honest, isn't much of a priority since talking with my financial advisor.

Forgot to mention liability insurance. Liability Insurance can sink a starting business quickly. Aside from "crowd funding", investors require a list of certainties: Elite security measures, Liability Insurance, and wide range of Advertising for starters. If there is any possible way for me to make this happen, the likely culprit to stand in my way is Liability Insurance.

4 hours ago, Slappy said:

Ok, here's the deal. Loan shark said "For every 10,000 borrowed..I want 2lbs a month indefinitely until the debt and interest is paid". After which i talked to a financial advisor, and he advised me not to take a gamble on the recreational industry. He states that even though Michigan appears to be making it easier for the common folk....there really isn't a way for a "mom and pop" shop to make it. Under the strict rules and regulations, the recreational industry will likely implode under its own weight. He went on to confirm that the "affordable" options for small time growers are just not feasible, and are likely a way to recuperate lost taxes from failing medical marihuana businesses. So in other words, its a money grab. A desperate move by the government to leach off the common hardworking folks to fill the void of the failed medical program. It's all a sham, because only the "big fish" will have the backers and resources to outlast all smaller grows and retail shops. If thats true, that is really really sad.

I would agree, the small rec licenses, i.e. 100 plant grow and the microbusiness (150 plants) are pipe dreams.   I attended the 2 hour dog and pony show that LARA did under the name of "social equity" here in Detroit.   The fact that you need to move into a commercial space and then be subject to all their construction, reporting and inspection rules make the idea a non-starter.  Personally my estimate of the future wholesale market is way below any numbers discussed here.   Once they legalize at the federal level and it can be transported from western states I see the wholesale $ at below $800/#.    I grow in rockwool and have spent alot of time studying the existing agricultural operations that use rockwool in places like Arizona for tomato growing.   These folks are growing in 1,000,000 sq ft fully automated green houses and producing stuff at $0.50/#.  Think about what they can do to the cannabis market if they can ship it nationally.

5 hours ago, semicaregiver said:

I would agree, the small rec licenses, i.e. 100 plant grow and the microbusiness (150 plants) are pipe dreams.   I attended the 2 hour dog and pony show that LARA did under the name of "social equity" here in Detroit.   The fact that you need to move into a commercial space and then be subject to all their construction, reporting and inspection rules make the idea a non-starter.  Personally my estimate of the future wholesale market is way below any numbers discussed here.   Once they legalize at the federal level and it can be transported from western states I see the wholesale $ at below $800/#.    I grow in rockwool and have spent alot of time studying the existing agricultural operations that use rockwool in places like Arizona for tomato growing.   These folks are growing in 1,000,000 sq ft fully automated green houses and producing stuff at $0.50/#.  Think about what they can do to the cannabis market if they can ship it nationally.

Oh absolutely. I was talking to my dude in NY, and he made a good point regarding the upcoming flooded market. The best will always stand out. So all the outdoor and all the GH Lucas that practically everyone uses is going to hit rock bottom. The kind will always be the kind.

Plain clothes people from BMMR. 

They even made Dispo quit sending their menu out in a daily text message. Said that was illegal.

I was wrong about the lack of enforcement of dispensaries who aren't following the rules. 

Dispo didn't get bought out by a grow interest. 

They did say they are working to get their own affiliated grow to maybe bring down prices from $200 an ounce. 

On 8/25/2019 at 4:48 PM, Restorium2 said:

All the dispensaries in the Bay City area were raided by the State.

Everything that wasn't purchased from the State grows was confiscated.

I heard about a rec dispo open in the D, and went there. There was an orange sign saying they were closed for utilities, but after seeing your thing about Bay City....I wonder if they shut down expecting a raid. The first day, like 7 people pulled up before I left. Today, It was 5. People coming from other states hearing about this place. How in the heck is that happening?

Edited by Slappy