Naughty neighbor

question: my non-card carrying neighbor has scattered a dozen plants around on his property, they're not enclosed or very well hidden and i was curious if anyone might have an idea of what price legally he,d have to pay if caught.. he seems to think that leo isn,t even going to bother with guys like him because everyone is doing it.

I think leo is going to pay for their black helicopter with somebody's money..lol

13 minutes ago, budpuffer said:

question: my non-card carrying neighbor has scattered a dozen plants around on his property, they're not enclosed or very well hidden and i was curious if anyone might have an idea of what price legally he,d have to pay if caught.. he seems to think that leo isn,t even going to bother with guys like him because everyone is doing it.

I think leo is going to pay for their black helicopter with somebody's money..lol

Civil infraction, $100 fine and confiscation of plants.  for not being enclosed as long as there are 12 or less. Why would you want to narc on your neighbor? It would only open a can of worms, what he is doing isn't hurting anyone. Do you really want to tick him off, and deal with that as long as you are neighbors?

Edited by glued gorilla

32 minutes ago, budpuffer said:

He's right. It's legal. The cops don't care anymore. They only send up the helicopter if it's 1000+ plants.

The worst he's going to get is a small fine and a 'talkin' to'.  Cops are lazy and they can't take your stuff anymore so it's no fun. They found something else to do. Most of them are glad they don't have to worry about this anymore. 

And what kind of nut are you?..lol..where do i say anything about wanting him busted, yet alone narcing on him.all i wanted to do is find out what fine he,d be facing should he get caught, a $ 10, $100 or a $1000 fine with community service.he,s my friend.

I,ve been a member of this site forever and now i remember why it is that i haven,t posted for so long.because of members who just don,t think before they post.

4 minutes ago, budpuffer said:

And what kind of nut are you?..lol..where do i say anything about wanting him busted, yet alone narcing on him.all i wanted to do is find out what fine he,d be facing should he get caught, a $ 10, $100 or a $1000 fine with community service.he,s my friend.

I,ve been a member of this site forever and now i remember why it is that i haven,t posted for so long.because of members who just don,t think before they post.

People all over the place have plants all over the place. I suppose you might be able to find someone who cares but not around my neck of the woods. 

4 hours ago, budpuffer said:

Sorry man, just the way it seemed, calling him a naughty neighbor and saying someone's got to pay for that helicopter. My bad✌️

They are supposed to be in an enclosure but nobody knows that from the ballot language they voted on.

The citizens of Michigan said it's legal.

You are going to have to stick your neck out further than having no fence to get in trouble. 

Nobody cares but nosy neighbors and people who already have a grudge against you.

Cops are ignoring 911 calls about plants all day long just like complaints about fireworks. 

6 minutes ago, budpuffer said:

Thanks restorium2, my nut reply was to glued gorilla not you.. i just thought that its better to be informed then ignorant and simply that..thanks for your reply

I understand where you were coming from.

It's just hard to transition to marijuana being normal after all those years of false accusations and repression.

It's going to take some time.

I too agree that everybody and their mom is growing pot plants outside, me included.  I have mine within a 6' tall fenced in area behind a house which is not visible from public view.  The law states that cant be visible from a public vantage point at ground level without the aid of optical devices.

Frankly,  I'm seeing pictures of people growing pot in the cities, all over the place.  Theres going to be so many plants that they cant possibly go after every joe nobody who has 12 or less.

49 minutes ago, blackhorse said:

You are talking about recreational correct?

I will look at LARA site.

Yes, there is a whole section for recreational. In it they have all the different parts of the law. Google LARA adult use, it will be easier to find the page

Edited by glued gorilla

This is what I'm reading after a search;

1. Notwithstanding any other law or provision of this act, and except as otherwise provided in section 4 of this act, the following acts by a person 21 years of age or older are not unlawful, are not an offense, are not grounds for seizing or forfeiting property, are not grounds for arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, are not grounds for search or inspection, and are not grounds to deny any other right or privilege:
  (a) except as permitted by subdivision (b), possessing, using or consuming, internally possessing, purchasing, transporting, or processing 2.5 ounces or less of marihuana, except that not more than 15 grams of marihuana may be in the form of marihuana concentrate;
  (b) within the person's residence, possessing, storing, and processing not more than 10 ounces of marihuana and any marihuana produced by marihuana plants cultivated on the premises and cultivating not more than 12 marihuana plants for personal use, provided that no more than 12 marihuana plants are possessed, cultivated, or processed on the premises at once;
  (c) assisting another person who is 21 years of age or older in any of the acts described in this section; and
  (d) giving away or otherwise transferring without remuneration up to 2.5 ounces of marihuana, except that not more than 15 grams of marihuana may be in the form of marihuana concentrate, to a person 21 years of age or older, as long as the transfer is not advertised or promoted to the public.
  2. Notwithstanding any other law or provision of this act, except as otherwise provided in section 4 of this act, the use, manufacture, possession, and purchase of marihuana accessories by a person 21 years of age or older and the distribution or sale of marihuana accessories to a person 21 years of age or older is authorized, is not unlawful, is not an offense, is not grounds for seizing or forfeiting property, is not grounds for arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, and is not grounds to deny any other right or privilege.
  3. A person shall not be denied custody of or visitation with a minor for conduct that is permitted by this act, unless the person's behavior is such that it creates an unreasonable danger to the minor that can be clearly articulated and substantiated.

7 hours ago, blackhorse said:

I've not found anything that states plants must be in enclosed area.

(f) cultivating marihuana plants if the plants are visible from a public place without the use of binoculars, aircraft, or other optical aids or outside of an enclosed area equipped with locks or other functioning security devices that restrict access to the area;