600w True wattage LED HLG600H Quantum boards

garyfisher

If you have the ceiling room I'm thinking it might be better to keep them at full power higher above the plants like the sun. 

Had that idea when thinking about how the sun penetrates better because it puts out a lot of PAR from farther away. Then the whole plant is in the same PAR instead of like a plant light where the top gets a lot and less down lower. 

You should do some checking with your meter to see if you can get a range of PAR that is even from the top on down. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2019 at 6:10 AM, Restorium2 said:

If you have the ceiling room I'm thinking it might be better to keep them at full power higher above the plants like the sun. 

Had that idea when thinking about how the sun penetrates better because it puts out a lot of PAR from farther away. Then the whole plant is in the same PAR instead of like a plant light where the top gets a lot and less down lower. 

You should do some checking with your meter to see if you can get a range of PAR that is even from the top on down. 

Even if you have low ceilinng (7') at 24"  you dont need to grow plants larger than 5'.  You can put these on the ceiling basically.  They dont need much clearance or take up much vertical height.

Also if you just run the 480w drivers such as the HLG 550, you can get them down to 16" at full power.

• 3 weeks later...

Gary,

Sounds great!  Looking forward to a report on grams/watt results.

Back early on I asked about the color of the light, i.e. the usual blinding purple or white.   I see many of the newest fixtures I see advertised appear to be white.   Not having used LED's myself it would seem that white would make it easier to judge how things are going if you have been use to seeing your plants under traditional HPS.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Update with the new lights.  Had a few issues in the room but kept stats dialed in 95% of the time.  AC died a couple weeks into the run.  Exhaust fan fell from the ducting 6 weeks in.  Had a few days get up to 90+ but quickly fixed it.

10 plants in the room
Pulled 1.5 grams per watt or around 900 grams per light.  One plant, Nasa bruce yielded 666 grams.  Average plant yield was 450-550 grams.

9 hours ago, Restorium2 said:

The buds look good but they are missing the red hairs. Did you harvest too soon?

i dont think you can see the hairs in the photos.  I harvest by trich color anyways, not hair color and prefer mostly cloudy/slightly amber.

Yep.  You can now buy HLG lights on amazon.  I'd bet one of these 4 boards could out compete one of your lights. These boards cost $29 each. 

53 minutes ago, garyfisher said:

i dont think you can see the hairs in the photos.  I harvest by trich color anyways, not hair color and prefer mostly cloudy/slightly amber.

Yep.  You can now buy HLG lights on amazon.  I'd bet one of these 4 boards could out compete one of your lights. These boards cost $29 each. 

The boards need a driver to fire them up correct?

Either way you got some killer results from your   setup kudos .

11 hours ago, garyfisher said:

I noticed that using LED that you need to grow them a little longer in flower. I'm seeing that with your harvest. You harvested a little early. Next batch let them go longer and you will do a little better. 

You always could buy them on Amazon. I put a link up for a complete one before you built one. 

you literally have no idea what you are talking about.  I can actually finish faster with LED but I'm not getting into a pissing match with you.  I couldn't give a sh1t less what you think or say.  I'd actually prefer if you left your trolly banter off of my thread.  

You've noticed with YOUR sh1tty leds you've been trying to sell on this forum that it takes LONGER.  The only picture of a bud being held is a harvest bud and its not possible to tell how far along the trichs are in that photograph.  These buds are exactly where I want them 20% amber. 60% cloudy and 20% clear.  tinkle off somewhere else dude.  

Edited by garyfisher

2 hours ago, garyfisher said:

you literally have no idea what you are talking about.  I can actually finish faster with LED but I'm not getting into a pissing match with you.  I couldn't give a sh1t less what you think or say.  I'd actually prefer if you left your trolly banter off of my thread.  

You've noticed with YOUR sh1tty leds you've been trying to sell on this forum that it takes LONGER.  The only picture of a bud being held is a harvest bud and its not possible to tell how far along the trichs are in that photograph.  These buds are exactly where I want them 20% amber. 60% cloudy and 20% clear.  tinkle off somewhere else dude.  

You can finish faster, I see that's what you did, however, you can also take advantage of having another week of growth and having a better harvest. 

It's very sad that you think you are so superior that no one would ever have valid advice for you. 

Edited by Restorium2

20 hours ago, garyfisher said:

Yes they require a driver.  You can push one board anywhere from 50-150watts and get excellent output.  I build a small 240 watt version using 4 boards.  It covers a 2x4 area VERY well and the light output is 4x greater than my 8 bulb 4' T5 while using half the power.

220 power  is needed then ?