garyfisher

600w True wattage LED HLG600H Quantum boards

If you have the ceiling room I'm thinking it might be better to keep them at full power higher above the plants like the sun. 

Had that idea when thinking about how the sun penetrates better because it puts out a lot of PAR from farther away. Then the whole plant is in the same PAR instead of like a plant light where the top gets a lot and less down lower. 

You should do some checking with your meter to see if you can get a range of PAR that is even from the top on down. 

On 8/14/2019 at 6:10 AM, Restorium2 said:

If you have the ceiling room I'm thinking it might be better to keep them at full power higher above the plants like the sun. 

Had that idea when thinking about how the sun penetrates better because it puts out a lot of PAR from farther away. Then the whole plant is in the same PAR instead of like a plant light where the top gets a lot and less down lower. 

You should do some checking with your meter to see if you can get a range of PAR that is even from the top on down. 

Even if you have low ceilinng (7') at 24"  you dont need to grow plants larger than 5'.  You can put these on the ceiling basically.  They dont need much clearance or take up much vertical height.

Also if you just run the 480w drivers such as the HLG 550, you can get them down to 16" at full power.

Gary,

Sounds great!  Looking forward to a report on grams/watt results.

Back early on I asked about the color of the light, i.e. the usual blinding purple or white.   I see many of the newest fixtures I see advertised appear to be white.   Not having used LED's myself it would seem that white would make it easier to judge how things are going if you have been use to seeing your plants under traditional HPS.