600w True wattage LED HLG600H Quantum boards

garyfisher

9 hours ago, glued gorilla said:

Look closely. They are there, receaded like they should be, minimal new flowers. Just pointing it out, not trying to be part of the argument.

No argument. Just suggestions. Once you run a bunch of cycles you start to experiment. First few runs with LED finished early. Figured I would see what happens if I let them grow longer since the calyxes were still getting bigger.  I went longer and got a better harvest, better quality effects. Patients can tell it's better. Just passing on what I have found from experience. 

Take it or leave it. No argument. I like the way you point out solid observations and not just personal cutdowns. That's how a  normal person reacts to something they don't agree with. 

On 1/14/2020 at 7:26 AM, Restorium2 said:

No argument. Just suggestions. Once you run a bunch of cycles you start to experiment. First few runs with LED finished early. Figured I would see what happens if I let them grow longer since the calyxes were still getting bigger.  I went longer and got a better harvest, better quality effects. Patients can tell it's better. Just passing on what I have found from experience. 

Take it or leave it. No argument. I like the way you point out solid observations and not just personal cutdowns. That's how a  normal person reacts to something they don't agree with. 

I'm glad you're figuring out how to dial in LEDs.  I've been using these lights for 2.5 years now; have already went through that learning phase.  I didn't post any pics of the harvested buds so I'm not sure how you could say it was early.  That's all I was pointing out.   If you were referring to the pictures with the beer can, then inaccurate assumptions were made that was harvest date.  Those were taken sometime pre harvest.  I'd have to look at photo dates to be sure.   I'll post a pic of the bud later.  

On 1/13/2020 at 10:02 PM, glued gorilla said:

Hey Gary, what size pots and veg time did you give? Nice looking grow, and great yield!

My heaviest yielding plants were in 2 gallon square pots. 50:50 coco/perlite.  drip. drain to waste. Feed every 2 hours for 2-4 minutes.

Edited by garyfisher

On 1/13/2020 at 9:57 PM, glued gorilla said:

Look closely. They are there, receaded like they should be, minimal new flowers. Just pointing it out, not trying to be part of the argument.

Just checked the date and the pics of the buds up close was a week before harvest.  Either way.  The tricomes were mostly all milky with 15-20% amber, just how I like it.

10 hours ago, garyfisher said:

I'm glad you're figuring out how to dial in LEDs.  I've been using these lights for 2.5 years now; have already went through that learning phase.  I didn't post any pics of the harvested buds so I'm not sure how you could say it was early.  That's all I was pointing out.   If you were referring to the pictures with the beer can, then inaccurate assumptions were made that was harvest date.  Those were taken sometime pre harvest.  I'd have to look at photo dates to be sure.   I'll post a pic of the bud later.  

My heaviest yielding plants were in 2 gallon square pots. 50:50 coco/perlite.  drip. drain to waste. Feed every 2 hours for 2-4 minutes.

So you got 1lb plants in 2 gal pots? Was it wet or dry weight that you had posted before?

10 hours ago, garyfisher said:

The picture I was looking at when I made the comment that they were early was the one where you have the bud in your black gloved hand.

It looks all white. Not much red hairs. I don't grow GG4 so I don't know specifically about that strain's characteristics. All of my strains are full of red hairs when they have reached their full potential. It could just be the lighting in the picture. 

3 hours ago, glued gorilla said:

So you got 1lb plants in 2 gal pots? Was it wet or dry weight that you had posted before?

13 hours ago, garyfisher said:

budhand.jpg
GG4.  Patients are more than satisfied.

Yes.  the crappy pics I posted were just to show cola size, not details.  The hairs weren't observable in the pics and it was GG4.  

Here is an upclose pic of my GG4 and you can see orange/red hairs.    This was a 12 gram bud grown under quantum boards.

@gorillaglued  Yes I'm yielding around 1-1.5lbs per plant. dry weight using an automated feed system.

6 plants were in a Titan Flow and Grow hydro system - ebb and flow - 3 gallon net pots with hydroton.  Fed every 4 hours 1000ppms.  I use a 50 gallon barrel/res for nutrients here and it's really simple.  I also used this same rez to feed my coco plants on a dripper system.
The coco plants yielded slightly more than the hydro ebb and flow.  The largest yield was from Nasa Bruce - bred by TheMan13 weighing in at 666 grams dry(seriously filled 6 gallon jars) trimmed flower.  Everything else was around 450-550 grams per plant Dry.  

9 minutes ago, garyfisher said:

Yes.  the crappy pics I posted were just to show cola size, not details.  The hairs weren't observable in the pics and it was GG4.  

Here is an upclose pic of my GG4 and you can see orange/red hairs.    This was a 12 gram bud grown under quantum boards.

@gorillaglued  Yes I'm yielding around 1-1.5lbs per plant. dry weight using an automated feed system.

6 plants were in a Titan Flow and Grow hydro system - ebb and flow - 3 gallon net pots with hydroton.  Fed every 4 hours 1000ppms.  I use a 50 gallon barrel/res for nutrients here and it's really simple.  I also used this same rez to feed my coco plants on a dripper system.
The coco plants yielded slightly more than the hydro ebb and flow.  The largest yield was from Nasa Bruce - bred by TheMan13 weighing in at 666 grams dry(seriously filled 6 gallon jars) trimmed flower.  Everything else was around 450-550 grams per plant Dry.  

darn Gary! You are smokin it brother. Never did much with any type of hydro, maybe you should start. Lol nice garden, thanks for sharing.

Edited by glued gorilla

Well alrighty then. It's obvious I was right about the hairs in the picture. 

The only strain I ever grew that didn't have red hairs all over when I harvested was BigBud. That was before I had decent genetics. It grew huge and white. You could get large harvests from it easily. What I grow now is all quality and doesn't grow huge and white like that unless I harvest early. 

5 minutes ago, Restorium2 said:

Well alrighty then. It's obvious I was right about the hairs in the picture. 

The only strain I ever grew that didn't have red hairs all over when I harvested was BigBud. That was before I had decent genetics. It grew huge and white. You could get large harvests from it easily. What I grow now is all quality and doesn't grow huge and white like that unless I harvest early. 

Cool story bro.