Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
blackhorse

600 watt / 1200 led comparison

Recommended Posts

49 minutes ago, Restorium2 said:

Looks close to the same. Maybe the calyxes are bigger on the LED side? 

What strain is this again?

Top pic is Skywalker and bottom is Gorilla Glue.

Starting to look as though the LED is not filling out as much as the 600 watt.

Got another week to go.

Looks like the LED side will finish before the 600 watt side. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I did my side by side like you are doing my LED side grew longer and got thicker in the last couple weeks. 

Vigorous growth sometimes takes longer to mature fully. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Restorium2 said:

When I did my side by side like you are doing my LED side grew longer and got thicker in the last couple weeks. 

Vigorous growth sometimes takes longer to mature fully. 

I'll know more at harvest, which is a week or so. Skywalker is really bulking up.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After harvesting the plants I see very little difference between plants under the 600 watt compared to under the LED.

Savings in electrical use will be big difference.

Next flower will be one 600 watt and two LED's. 600 watt in center and LED on both ends.

Tent is 5' x 10'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, blackhorse said:

After harvesting the plants I see very little difference between plants under the 600 watt compared to under the LED.

Savings in electrical use will be big difference.

Next flower will be one 600 watt and two LED's. 600 watt in center and LED on both ends.

Tent is 5' x 10'.

When you have it down there's very little room for improvement only room for failure to adapt properly.

Congrats on a perfect adaptation to a totally different light source.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You proved you don't have to get all 'fancy' with the LED lights you buy. Some folks need to be fancy and others have to ask why do I need to be so fancy. Seems to me that the only thing the expensive lights do better is spend your money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, blackhorse said:

Put some 4 week old plants under the 1200 LED, how far away is recommended?

This is veg.

I would start at 3 foot to be safe. Just the veg switch on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Restorium2 said:

I would start at 3 foot to be safe. Just the veg switch on. 

That is what I have, 3 feet and veg switch only. 

Running 18 on and 6 off.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...