11 hour flowering?

hero4u

1 hour ago, hero4u said:

hello.   I was told by someone that if you flower using 11hour ON and 13 hour OFF light cycle that the nugs will be develop more taste and trichomes?  is this correct?.  he said the buds wont be as big but will be tastier?  is this true? thanks  

You want to go with the maximum hours of light that will keep them in the bud cycle. That's 12. Especially through mid budding. Maybe at the end when they are ripening it would help to give them a little less light. That could be true.

You can play with different light cycles, but 12/12 is the standard. Getting some experience first with that will be beneficial in being able to recognize positive or negetive reactions in the experiment.

In my experience 11on/13off caused a slightly faster maturation (like a week) and a reduction in yield. I also tried 13on 11off with opposite results. If I had time to go 11 weeks I would do 13/11.

A plant will flower when it's critical night period is reached. This can vary from strain to strain , but is usually between 10.5 and 12hrs darkness.