20/4 VS 18/6 for VEGGING???

hero4u

LOL. Don't worry tho, I'll keep poking holes in all your grow theories. Keep yourself limited with those 'ol growers wives tales. And you may want to find something else to blame. Even as a part-time alcoholic....my ish is always fire. The problem with most growers is they get comfortable the moment they have good results. And that's what I see. Someone who got comfortable, and never unlocked their full potential.

1 hour ago, Restorium2 said:

I know how you roll. What you post means exactly.... nothing. Totally lost it. 

You are on ignore forever now.

LOL. Don't worry tho, I'll keep poking holes in all your grow theories. Keep yourself limited with those 'ol growers wives tales. And you may want to find something else to blame. Even as a part-time alcoholic....my ish is always fire. The problem with most growers is they get comfortable the moment they have good results. And that's what I see. Someone who got comfortable, and never unlocked their full potential.

On 8/15/2019 at 7:12 AM, Restorium2 said:

In my opinion, leaving the light on for 24 hours will stress a plant.

Been running 24/7 since 09  not one time did I notice any issues  I did try to go to 18/6 during one veg period and got massive stretch  due to my   limit ceiling space I went back to 24/7.

21 minutes ago, Kingdiamond said:

Been running 24/7 since 09  not one time did I notice any issues  I did try to go to 18/6 during one veg period and got massive stretch  due to my   limit ceiling space I went back to 24/7.

I'm still not positive it was the 24/7. Could be too much lighting. Some kind of stress though. 

2 hours ago, Restorium2 said:

The timer switch got slid over to constant on by accident. This has happened a few times over the years. 

I decided to put duct tape over the switch so it can't get bumped over to the non timed side. 

Yeah, that's why I just run 24, seems like I always f up my timers

11 minutes ago, glued gorilla said:

Yeah, that's why I just run 24, seems like I always f up my timers

Well you see, I got all my genetics from someone who ran them for a very long time.

One day I asked him about 24/7.

He just shook his head and said no, it will cause stress.

I figure he knows better than I do. So I follow that and pass it on. 

2 hours ago, Restorium2 said:

Well you see, I got all my genetics from someone who ran them for a very long time.

One day I asked him about 24/7.

He just shook his head and said no, it will cause stress.

I figure he knows better than I do. So I follow that and pass it on. 

I have only seen stress on one variety, and it was a finicky plant to begin with. 18 does save a tad on the electric though

• 3 years later...

In my opinion, providing 16 hours of light and 8 hours of darkness is necessary. Many people prefer to light up 18 hours daily, leaving 6 hours of unlit time. With this scheme, plants often demonstrate accelerated development. There is also an opinion that vegetative cannabis is optimally illuminated around the clock - 24 hours.  Although no data has yet been received on the harm of such treatment, I prefer to speak in favor of the right of plants to a night's rest. So, 16-18 hours of light per day is a proven mode option for the vegetation phase. You can read more about it at https://weedofficials.com/.

Edited by Eraldert