Anyone ever use Bud Candy?

hero4u

8 hours ago, glued gorilla said:

It is a carbohydrate, and works as well as most others, but is a bit more pricey. Personally, I have found I like my bud better without loading the plants with sugar. I use a very small amount(1/2tsp) of molasses to feed microbes throughout flower, but that's it.

You put that in with the nutes? When do you start that, at what stage of blooming?

27 minutes ago, wjkingsnorth said:

You put that in with the nutes? When do you start that, at what stage of blooming?

Here the deal with this type of stuff;

It's mostly just sugars like molasses. 

Since it's just a simple sugar wouldn't you think that a good fertilizer would have the correct amount already?

Why would any decent formulation need more sugar?

Try to not be sucked into the marketing for these gimmicks. It's throwing money away and making your feeding schedule more complicated.

I make cannabis oil. One of the things I have to remove to make a great cannabis oil is plant sugars. They are useless in the mix and just make vaping the oil harsh. It doesn't make any sense to put sugar on a plant over and above what good nutes supply. It's a common sense issue. 

46 minutes ago, wjkingsnorth said:

I use it through the whole life of the plant, usually every other watering, and I also use it to lower pH when needed. I use the Earth Juice Hi Brix, it is like $13 for a gallon.  Just cut it out the last week. I use recharge and some other microbes additives, this is my way of feeding them. Yes I add with nutes also

Edited by glued gorilla
added more info