Trouble cloning in rockwool cubes?

hero4u

12 minutes ago, hero4u said:

i started out cloning in soil with great success.  To save time and to make it a bit easier, i have been cloning in rockwool with only some success.  What can i do to help myself have more success using rockwool?  Thanks

I just started to use rockwool. I personally see no difference in using those and the rapid rooter or root riot plugs I'm used to.

This helped me out tremendously when I converted from hydroponic cloners to plugs.

https://www.growweedeasy.com/cloning-made-easy

I personally wipe 50% alcohol on my razor blades in between cuts to maintain sterility. I also cut the tips off the clones big fan leaves to accelerate the rooting process. It's not necessary, but knocks a few days off at the least. Place cuts into rooting hormone, then rockwool. Use ph'd water at 5.7, and change every 2 days. Spray rockwool the minimum of 3x each day. 4 is better, and less likely to dry out too fast. When to open domes is extremely important. Also understand that some strains won't clone well with certain methods. Try placing a cut into an opaque glass of ph'd water, and changing that every day. I have a finicky one myself. Gotta take like 6 cuts to get 2. And she hates the hydro-cloner.

Edited by Slappy