What could be wrong with my plants?

hero4u

Hello,  here is a pic of one of my girls i just threw into flowering 3 days ago   I am noticing some curling of the leaves and other problems.  newbie here.  what does this look like?  Wind burn?  Possibly nitrogen toxicity?   How would i fix this?  Thanks everyone!  :)i have more pics but wont will only allow me to upload 7MB so i could only fit one. 

20190821_202602.jpg

Pull back on your base. Looks like you're starting a little nitrogen curl. And are you sure you don't have mites? Because i can see what looks like mite bites in the fan leaves. Gotta check the undersides. Often times when you droop in flower, it can be VPD. So watch that. And other times I've seen 'em droop is when adding too much silica. But this is posted in dirt, so you shouldn't be adding much silica anyways. Also, stop flowering in grow bags. I used grow bags until i noticed stagnant water rotting my roots in the bottom corners.

Edited by Slappy

38 minutes ago, hero4u said:

Ill recheck but pretty sure i have no mites.  COUld have been the pk boost?  I just started using it?   No it is not chocolope.  It is Doc Og i believe. 

The leaf tip burn is likely PK, but I am referring to those tiny dots on one of the fan leaves. Those dots that are like a pin size? Check the underside of that fan leaf for sure, because mites do that to leaves. And once you get an infestation.... you'll fight them "forever" unless you completely shut-down and eradicate. It's cheaper to start over than to feed mites sometimes. Hope I'm wrong though.

You definitely have a slight N overdose, but I believe your leaf curling to be one of 2 things. Heat stress, or overwatering. When you vegged, what kind of light were they under, are you flowering lights a lot more intense? I have seen this happen in my garden when I go from my t5 to hps without dimming or putting them around the outside of the light for a few days.

Overwatering, is another common problem, and usually happens from watering too often. It is a lack of oxygen in the rootzone, it will not happen from giving too much water at one time . How much and how often do you water? Are your pots light before you water again ?

Also, with the overfert, are you giving just water at least once every couple feeds, if not ever other?  When you get you ppm meter, check your food. I am guessing your feed is quite heavy. What size pots and media are you in? In soil I usually go for 1to 1.2ec first 2 weeks, working up to 1.8ec in week 4 through 6

Edited by glued gorilla

3 hours ago, hero4u said:

Ill recheck but pretty sure i have no mites.  COUld have been the pk boost?  I just started using it?   No it is not chocolope.  It is Doc Og i believe. 

It looks like the Docs I used to run, miss that girl. She is a heavy hitter with a strong earthy OG taste, and big strecher, if it's a similar pheno

Edited by glued gorilla

11 hours ago, hero4u said:

just switched my flowering back to 12/12.  was going with 11/13 for a while trying for better taste.

I've done 12/12, 10/14, and a secret flowering schedule going past 12/12. They all work, however aromatics are enhanced by bumping up magnesium. Add some epsom salts. Start with 1/2 tablespoon and go from there.

Edited by Slappy

1 hour ago, hero4u said:

i just heard about the epsom salt technique.  havent researched it enough yet to know too much about it?

Growers been using that stuff for many many years. Gotta find that sweet spot to work with your nutes. Some people do 1 tablespoon a week, I break it down to a 1/2 teaspoon every feed. Whatever works for you really. I've run a lot of strains, and dosage is mostly universal.

Edited by Slappy

6 hours ago, hero4u said:

ok cool.  What exactly does it do?

I have one strain that during flower the big leaves start turning yellow and dying.

It's magnesium deficiency because in that stage of growth it needs more than the nute system can give it.

So I dissolve a few tablespoon in water and add that to my reservoirs and the problem is solved. 

9 hours ago, hero4u said:

ok cool.  What exactly does it do?

Magnesium is typically required when there is not enough adequate light for proper photosynthesis. By supplementing magnesium you allow the plant to absorb and utilize all the light given, to its maximum ability. Therefore such plant will be in better health, and should be able to properly disperse nutrients where ever needed.

Edited by Slappy