Decarbing

I always decarb at 225 degree temp for an hour. Last time I had a senior moment and set temp at 325 degree for an hour. 

Anyone know if I destroyed the material or not?

I went ahead and make butter out of the bud/trimmings. I have not tried to make any edibles yet.

Just wondering if I have a pound of butter that has no potency.

There's an old saying in the uh..lets just say chemistry field regarding reactions. "Slower the cook, the better the dope". So i hate when people do a 30min decarb at higher temps. Like a pet peeve. Second, i think you should be ok. I mean most brownie recipes are at least done at 350-375. And the fact you covered it with foil likely saved you. I once decarbed without covering in a toaster oven, and it ruined the batch.

14 minutes ago, glued gorilla said:

Hey, on this subject, I have a question. You guys ever decarb a batch of weed then use it later to make butter? I want to make a batch of butter, but don't have time to do it all right now. I just want to be able to throw it in the crock pot when I'm ready.

I've done it before. I've decarbed, gone and picked up my wife, then made the butter. I notice no difference really. As for sitting longer than an hr or so... not too sure.

2 minutes ago, glued gorilla said:

It might be a few hours or maybe a week, unsure of my schedule

I quit doing my own. I drop mine off, and pick up the batch. For a while everything was going to oil, acetate when possible. Now my dude won't process(darn legalities and whatnot), and everything's going to medibles. The last couple batches came out great, and i just dropped 2.5 zips of Tahoe OG flower for more.

9 hours ago, glued gorilla said:

Hey, on this subject, I have a question. You guys ever decarb a batch of weed then use it later to make butter? I want to make a batch of butter, but don't have time to do it all right now. I just want to be able to throw it in the crock pot when I'm ready.

I put it in the freezer for up to a year. 

12 hours ago, glued gorilla said:

I will decarb a batch, then put back in jar and could be a couple weeks or longer before I make butter. No issues at all. As long as jar is sealed you should be good. Put butter in freezer and use as needed. Like Resto said, up to a year.

• 1 year later...