Sign in to follow this  
hero4u

purple stems TOO MUCH nutrients?

Hello  i was told if your stalks/stems are a dark purple or darker color, then that means you are giving them too much nutrients?  Is this true?  Thanks!

4 hours ago, hero4u said:

Hello  i was told if your stalks/stems are a dark purple or darker color, then that means you are giving them too much nutrients?  Is this true?  Thanks!

Not necessarily. Many strains have that color stems normally.

However, if you know your strain really well it may be a sign of something if it happens and it's not normally what you see with that strain.

8 hours ago, hero4u said:

Like Resto said, some strains are like that. Could be phosphorus deficiency. Some need a little more PK to balance out the base. They all grow different.

Edited by Slappy

Could be, or could be a deficiency, a pH problem or genetics. I find for me it is usually when my pH drifts too low. I grow in ocean Forrest with nothing added, and pH will drift acidic at times. My gorilla glue seems the most sensitive, many people think it's genetics of the glue, but it is not.

On 8/25/2019 at 9:38 PM, glued gorilla said:

Could be, or could be a deficiency, a pH problem or genetics. I find for me it is usually when my pH drifts too low. I grow in ocean Forrest with nothing added, and pH will drift acidic at times. My gorilla glue seems the most sensitive, many people think it's genetics of the glue, but it is not.

I haven't grown GG4 since Gangster Brand. I'd love to see what I could do with glue after 5yrs of additional experience.

Edited by Slappy
forgot an al

1 hour ago, Slappy said:

I haven't grown GG4 since Gangster Brand. I'd love to see what I could do with glue after 5yrs of additional experience.

If you come out near Grand rapids, let me know, I'd give ya one. Be a awhile before I take cuts again though

11 hours ago, glued gorilla said:

Plants going root bound can cause purple stalks too

Just saw that with my momma widow. Very true.

21 hours ago, glued gorilla said:

If you come out near Grand rapids, let me know, I'd give ya one. Be a awhile before I take cuts again though

Bet that up. I got a buddy down that way that was ranting about a blackberry kush cut. I'll have to make a day of it for sure.

3 hours ago, Slappy said:

Bet that up. I got a buddy down that way that was ranting about a blackberry kush cut. I'll have to make a day of it for sure.

Just hit me up on a private message a while before you come out this way. If you have anything interesting at that time, I am open to some new genetics too