Problems in the flower room!

hero4u

still having some problems with my leaves turning yellow, curling on the tips and they also feel like paper?   im using pk boost, ionic bloom, bud candy, and calmag.   WHat could possibly be the problem?  Buds look good.  But eaves are turning yellow, curling downward on the tips, and they have a paper feeling to them, 

ANy info would be great.  Iv been watering them with a ph of 6.0-7.0

1 hour ago, hero4u said:

still having some problems with my leaves turning yellow, curling on the tips and they also feel like paper?   im using pk boost, ionic bloom, bud candy, and calmag.   WHat could possibly be the problem?  Buds look good.  But eaves are turning yellow, curling downward on the tips, and they have a paper feeling to them, 

ANy info would be great.  Iv been watering them with a ph of 6.0-7.0

Nitrogen Toxicity

A Nitrogen toxicity is the result of the plant getting too much Nitrogen (usually from too high levels of nutrients overall, or by using a Vegetative nutrient in the flowering stage). It causes dark green leaves and curled tips (“the claw”).

One of the main symptoms of an Nitrogen toxicity is curled tips (“the claw”)

This marijuana plants has been fed too much nitrogen

A plant with a Nitrogen toxicity tends to be dark green all over

A Nitrogen toxicity can also cause certain leaves to turn yellow, but other than that it looks nothing like a cannabis nitrogen deficiency

Edited by blackhorse

i will post some pics later tonight!  I have tried flushing and that helped alot for a few days.  I also even cut back to HALF the nutrients hoping maybe that would be help.  Maybe i need to hammer them more?    The pats themselves are about 4 feet tall or so(give or take).   Getting very frustrated. 

33 minutes ago, hero4u said:

i will post some pics later tonight!  I have tried flushing and that helped alot for a few days.  I also even cut back to HALF the nutrients hoping maybe that would be help.  Maybe i need to hammer them more?    The pats themselves are about 4 feet tall or so(give or take).   Getting very frustrated. 

What is the ec of your food going in and run off? What is your feed scedule like, Feed, water, feed or feed feed water or? It sounds like over feeding, but if you have flushed and are feeding less, you have already taken the right steps to correct the problem. Also, what media are you in? Different media's can shift in ph

1 hour ago, hero4u said:

im using pro mix.  I have been trying to stick with feed, water, feed, water.  What do you mean by the "ec"?  Also, i am using 1 gallon grow bags for flowering.  When i feed, should i feed it enough so that i have run off every time?

Ec is the universal measurement of nutrient concentration. Ppm uses the 500 and 700 scale, as a conversion of ec. So by talking about your feeding in terms of ec, there is no confusion.

Edited by glued gorilla
felt more info was needed

21 minutes ago, hero4u said:

im using pro mix.  I have been trying to stick with feed, water, feed, water.  What do you mean by the "ec"?  Also, i am using 1 gallon grow bags for flowering.  When i feed, should i feed it enough so that i have run off every time?

1 gallon grow bags and 4ft plants? Very possible that being root bound is your issue

Edited by glued gorilla

10 minutes ago, hero4u said:

Stop flowering in grow bags. Water runoff can get trapped in the creases at the bottom and will cause root rot.

The trick to growing in smaller pots successfully is more feedings in a day. Multiple feedings in a day prevent salt building up in the root zone, and will also re-oxygenate your plant with each feed. That salt build-up could give you a variety of problems including pH fluctuations and or lockouts. Definitely increase the pot size next go around for sure. However, it is now too late to transplant. It won't help at this point, and will just add more stress to the plant.

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Wild Bill said:

Why would it be too late to transplant?

My advice would be to stop using nutes altogether until the plants are healthy again.

I was under the impression that the plants in question were already flowering. From my own costly experience, it made no difference in yield after I transplanted during flower. In fact the media was practically wasted, as there was very little root colonization. I even transplanted the 3 gallon into a 5 gallon using the least amount of stress possible by slicing the growbag and simply placing it on top of fresh media. It didn't hurt them, but it didn't help either.