Sign in to follow this  
hero4u

Epsom Salt???

Hello.  I just bought some Epsom salt because i have heard about its benefits.  This is my first time using it.  What recommend dosage should i use and when should water and how often?  Can i use it both on veg and flower?  Any info would be great, thanks!

1 hour ago, hero4u said:

Hello.  I just bought some Epsom salt because i have heard about its benefits.  This is my first time using it.  What recommend dosage should i use and when should water and how often?  Can i use it both on veg and flower?  Any info would be great, thanks!

Use it to correct a mg deficiency or to give extra to plants the need more, like Gg4. It is most effective as a foliar spray mixed at 1-2TBS per gallon. Not really needed in most cases, imo. Too much mg can also lock out calcium and potassium.

Edited by glued gorilla
more info

ok thanks.  SO would you recommend using it as a foliar spray rather than mixing it with my nutrients and watering the plants with it?

1 hour ago, hero4u said:

ok thanks.  SO would you recommend using it as a foliar spray rather than mixing it with my nutrients and watering the plants with it?

Yes, but I would recommend not using it at all unless needed

If you want to use it as part of your regular schedule, use about a 1/2tsp every other feed in your water. Or like 1tsp per gal every two weeks as a foliar. I do 1Tbsp/gal as a foliar on Gg4 like 2x throughout flower

Edited by glued gorilla

You can also just sprinkle a few teaspoons on top of the soil and let the water carry it in when you water the plants.

Works real well for tomatoes and peppers too. It helps them set fruit and stops blossom end rot in tomatoes.