veg time

glued gorilla

Hey guys, just wondered how long everyone grows their plants before flower? I cut clones off my plants going to  flower, they root for 14 days then veg for 7 weeks. I cut down flowering plants at 9 weeks, then veg go to flower, harvest every 10 weeks(a week of acclimating to big light).

I was having a discussion with a buddy, he says that is way too long, and it's unnatural. I disagree, but just let him think he was right, because he is the type of guy you can't reason with. Anyways, just wanted some opinions from fellow gardeners.

3 hours ago, blackhorse said:

I prefer 8 weeks of veg and then 8-9 weeks of flower.

It also depends on number of plants.

Usually only run 2 plants under a light. (prefer one plant)

Thanks, I knew I wasn't crazy! Lol.  yeah, I run 9 under 2 1000w DE lights in a 9x 9 ish room. This guy used to do  small plants in a tent, and did well, so he thinks small plants are the best way to go. Imo, in my space 9 bigger plants is a lot easier than 30 or more small ones.

Edited by glued gorilla

I've never paid attention to length of time.

When the plants get to the height I want, (generally 2 1/2 to 3 feet) I put them into flower.

The length of time I leave them in flower varies from strain to strain. When the leaves yellow and the trichs are cloudy then I cut.

It doesn't normally hurt anything to wait a little longer unless you wait a long time and all the trichs turn brown.

2 hours ago, glued gorilla said:

Thanks, I knew I wasn't crazy! Lol.  yeah, I run 9 under 2 1000w DE lights in a 9x 9 ish room. This guy used to do  small plants in a tent, and did well, so he thinks small plants are the best way to go. Imo, in my space 9 bigger plants is a lot easier than 30 or more small ones.

I run two 1200 watt LED's at this time. May turn on a 600 watt reflector for two more plants soon.

Depends on plant count and if person follows what they are allowed. I stay within my plant count.

Sounds like a nice setup.

2 hours ago, Wild Bill said:

I've never paid attention to length of time.

When the plants get to the height I want, (generally 2 1/2 to 3 feet) I put them into flower.

The length of time I leave them in flower varies from strain to strain. When the leaves yellow and the trichs are cloudy then I cut.

It doesn't normally hurt anything to wait a little longer unless you wait a long time and all the trichs turn brown.

Yes watch the trichs for final decision.

My tent is only 7' tall so I am limited in height when put into flower. Usually 2' tall and 8 weeks old.

Got two mothers that I wanted to flower, but one is 4' and other is 5' tall. Too tall for my tent.

24 minutes ago, blackhorse said:

I run two 1200 watt LED's at this time. May turn on a 600 watt reflector for two more plants soon.

Depends on plant count and if person follows what they are allowed. I stay within my plant count.

Sounds like a nice setup.

I stay under mine also, have 3 patients plus me currently. Run a total of 18, 9 veg 9 flower

• 3 weeks later...

Depending on how you go about them, whether it's in soil/soil less or in a water system. These are og kush clones I did in 5 gallon deep water culture using Homboldt Nutrients. The first picture is 7 days after planting the clones, and the second is 24 days after planting! Fastest way to veg but a lot of maintenance is required. When I grow in soil I veg for atleast 5 weeks. 

IMG_20150327_232409_783.jpg

IMG_20150414_131216_433.jpg