HELP!! THRIPS in flowering!

hero4u

Dealing with thrips for the first time.   I have them in BOTH veg and flowering!  WHAT SHOULD I DO in the flower room?  Can i spray the budding plants with the dish soap mixture?  ALSO getting ladybugs today!   can i still smoke the buds or do i need to throw away?  thanks so much for any advice!  THIS SUCKS!!  lol  

I know I've used Flying Skull Nuke -Em successfully for root-aphids, spider mites, and fungus gnats. It prolly would work for thrips if it kills root-aphids. Root aphids are the absolute worst, and hardly anything works for them. Good luck, keep us posted.

Food grade diatomaceus earth will kill them without covering your plants in toxic chemicals. It has the consistency of talcum powder but on a microscopic level looks like shards of glass. It cuts soft bodied insects like they were crawling through barbed wire. Makes it impossible for them to lay eggs.

http://npic.orst.edu/factsheets/degen.html

4 hours ago, hero4u said:

ok thanks.  just got back with some AZAMAX and ladybugs.  hoping this combo will work.  Should i spray azamax on the flowering plants?  

I would not if they are more than 3 weeks in. One guy I know that had them was at week 8, he sprayed down with water and turned duhumifier to 35% and turned the fans up to prevent mold, then harvested a few days later.  Now cleaning and bug bombing with pyrethrins. Good luck!

The other guy had them at 3 weeks. He is in a sealed room with co2, he cranked the co2 up to 10000ppm for an hour a couple times.

• 10 months later...