Surge suppressor/ power conditioner for equipment

GrassMonkey

I guess I never really thought about it before, but now that I have a lot of money wrapped up in equipment I'm wondering if anyone has ever used or thought about using a surge suppressor to protect their expensive equipment from Power surges? If so, does anyone have any recommendations? I could haphazardly search Amazon or something, but I want to make sure I get one that is compatible with my equipment. I'm running all digital ballast in my flower room with CMH bulbs. I'm assuming any decent brand name surge suppressor should cover the rest of my equipment, but I'm not sure if there's a special one recommended for digital equipment. Any insight or help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

On 10/31/2019 at 4:36 PM, Kingdiamond said:

I have never utilized anything like this because most issues ive come across the  breakers just tripped  and ive had a ton of power outages and the power coming on  at a moments notice with no negative consequences.

The breakers will only trip when there's too much amperage being pulled. Power surges are a different thing than high amperage. The spike in the electricity can easily bypass a circuit breaker without tripping it but be extremely damaging to any equipment that is digital. I have seen these spikes Wipeout TVs, computers, etc. I have a lot of money wrapped up into my equipment and I'm now looking forward to protecting it. Most of these surge suppressors are very affordable, just need to make sure they are compatible protection wise with the equipment I am running.

Thank you for taking the time to reply, I really appreciate it!

• 1 month later...