AZAMAX during flowering?

hero4u

21 minutes ago, hero4u said:

Can i use AZAMAX as a foliage spray during flowering?  I have read that you cant, and that you can?  Kind of scared to use it during flowering period.  If, i can use it during flowering, does it make the buds taste nasty?  nobody seems to have an answer?

I've used that stuff only in the rootzone. Even then, there was residuals in the flower. Go with Neem and SNS in early flower. Flying Skull Nuke 'EM, and Mighty Wash for late flower. Most sprays will leave a residual if sprayed in late flower, even SNS. Neem flower tastes nasty as fuuu! Remember, you can still spray stuff like Azamax in the surrounding area too.

Edited by Slappy

21 minutes ago, hero4u said:

about 3-4 weeks into flowering

Drop a bomb tomorrow, then another in 2 days you will be good. Pushing it a little, but I think you will be early enough. I would think this would leave less behind on plants than most sprays, and is derived from Mum's, not a man made chemical. Much easier than spraying, and will cover the whole room not just plants.  Set bomb up on bucket off of the ground and make sure plants are not hit directly, the propellant will damage plants. Turn lights and fans off and wait at least 2 hours to re enter and turn lights on. A small DR Doom will do the trick, should be about $10 a piece

Edited by glued gorilla

ok thanks.  I am using azamax right now in the veg as well as ladybugs.  I have heard of spinosad and was thinking about trying it but the grow store recommended azamax so thats what i went with.  I have notice a difference with the combo of azamax and ladubugs.  Is spinosad better?  Does it work better or is it safer?    i never heard of dr doom bombs before?

I've used Dr. Doom in a tent before, and it definitely worked. However, because of the close proximity to the plants(in a 3x3 tent), dampening off occurred afterwards. So watch out for that. Spinosad works, but you need to increase the dosage periodically. Otherwise it'll make the bugs frenzy(in my past case it was mites), instead of killing them. Basically most of the products work, but you need 2-3 different types in your "arsenal" at all time. Then you need to switch 'em up so the bugs don't build immunity. Good Luck. Bugs Suck!

Thrips can be controlled by pruning off the infected leaves and spraying with soap. The soap dissolves the insects exoskeletons and they die. You don't need chemicals that might hurt you later. The soap can bw washed off when the insects are dead.

You just need two ingredients: dish soap and water. You need liquid soap, such as pure castile liquid soap, that does not contain additives (like fragrance, moisturizer and other additional chemicals). Then follow these steps:

1. Choose a clean spray bottle or sprayer for your mixture. If you’re recycling a previously used bottle, make sure it is completely sanitized.
2. Mix 1 tablespoon of soap per quart of water, or 4 to 5 tablespoons of soap per gallon of water.
3. Mix together thoroughly and use immediately. Make sure to evenly coat infected plants, from top to bottom, for best results. The soap-spray has to come in contact with the insects for it to work.

As Shiska said spinosad works too. I suggested Dr Doom bombs for ease of use and minimal residue. Jack's dead bug, and Monterey garden spray are 2 spinosad products. Azamax, in my experience works, but it takes time. It is  not really a bug killer, it messes with growth and reproduction of pests. 

I am not sure how much of a residue spinosad leaves behind, maybe wash plants after 2nd application? Maybe Shiska could throw down some more knowledge there?

19 hours ago, blackhorse said:

I used Dr. Doom once, in a 4 x 4 tent. When discharged into the tent, it burned/killed branches on the plants. My set up was too close for the aerosol discharge. 

Yeah, you do need space between the bomb and plants.  I am in a 9x9 and put bomb in the middle and plants around the walls.

does the dr doom bomb leave residue on the buds or make the buds taste nasty?  would you recommend it over the azamax?  I had a buddy and recommend azamax . He said use it every 3 days for a total of 7 treatments.  SO far ive used it every 3 days for 4 treatments and so far no thrips!  Today will be treatment 5.   i have not sprayed NOTHING on my budded/flowering plants in cause im scared it will make the buds taste nasty!.  I have been controlling the thrips on the flowering room with tons of ladybugs and that seems to be working too!

2 hours ago, hero4u said:

also, does spinosad work better than azamax?  has anyone used azamax besides me? 

I’ve only used it as a systemic treatment into the root zone, but never as a foliar spray. It works different than spinosad, so you can’t compare the two. Besides you want 2 or 3 different pesticides on hand at all time. Otherwise you’ll have to increase dosages to the point of battling “super mites”. After which you’ll be screwed because of the mites eventually building up an immunity to the treatment. 

7 hours ago, hero4u said:

does the dr doom bomb leave residue on the buds or make the buds taste nasty?  would you recommend it over the azamax?  I had a buddy and recommend azamax . He said use it every 3 days for a total of 7 treatments.  SO far ive used it every 3 days for 4 treatments and so far no thrips!  Today will be treatment 5.   i have not sprayed NOTHING on my budded/flowering plants in cause im scared it will make the buds taste nasty!.  I have been controlling the thrips on the flowering room with tons of ladybugs and that seems to be working too!

If it does, definitely less than spraying something directly. If you don't have the room to keep it way from the plants, you might not want to use it. I have not used past week 3, but a friend used it at 5 weeks with no negative effect, so he said. I did not try any finished bud from him. They do work, and will treat your whole space. There are more effective treatments, but for ease of use, they are my go to. Yes, I would recommend over azamax for treating an existing issue. Azamax takes time to work, it slows growth and reproductive cycles, it does not kill on contact.

8 hours ago, hero4u said:

also, does spinosad work better than azamax?  has anyone used azamax besides me? 

Spinosad for thrips, is probably the most effective, but I don't know about residue. As Slappy said though, you want to rotate products. If it we're me, I would drop bombs in the flower room, because it is the easiest application and every time I have sprayed something, it kills half the hairs on the bud. 2 bombs three days apart.

Spray with spinosad or drop bomb in veg then again a couple days later. Then spray azamax once every 7 to 10 days at least till you know they are gone, and maybe keep it up as a preventive.

Edited by glued gorilla