Question about plants in bloom

wjkingsnorth

2 hours ago, wjkingsnorth said:

My Cannatonic is 2 weeks into bloom. I have to go out of town next Wednesday night and returning Friday night. I have nobody to feed them. What I was considering is a really heavy watering on Wednesday night before I leave and turning off the lights for the two days. Are there any other suggestions?

Suggest a little extra water and leave the lights on.

We leave for two days at a time and only give extra water. Not too much though.

What size pots and media are they in? How often are you watering, and do you usually water till run-off? I am in 7gal pots of FF ocean forest, and if I water through on Wednesday I could make it to Saturday  easily. Do not turn lights off, it's only a couple days, this is not a big deal!

You could also water and leave a little water in the trays. This would let them drink when they dry up, don't leave nutrient solution in the trays though, just water. Again, this is not a big deal, you are only gone for ONE full DAY.

You could also use plant watering spikes. Juvale terracotta spikes work well, a 6pack is less than $20. You just fill a bottle of water, and insert it in the spike. I had to be gone for 10 days, I watered through, put 2 per plant and they still had just a little water left when I came home. I would not recommend going that long, but it was necessary, and it worked.

3 hours ago, wjkingsnorth said:

5 gallon plastic pots. I will be leaving Wednesday night and coming back Friday night. Never thought about filling trays and using a watering globe. My plants get feed daily. They are in FF Happy Frog.

Just soak them through to run off, they will be good. You could water through tomorrow then wait till Wednesday to water again to test it out, if it will give you peace of mind. Cannabis plants like a wet and dry cycle, you do not have to water everyday. It should take about 1.5 gal per plant to saturate a 5 gal and get a little run off. I use 2- 2.5 gal in a 7 gal.  Dump run off out of trays. My plants get watered 2x a week. I'm not telling you to how you water, just saying this works,and you will be good with a couple days in between.